Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
I hope the tour doesn't happen
Posted by: svenjagger ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:48

Bla bla bla from a non-fan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-12 20:38 by bv.

Re: I hope the tour doesn't happen
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:48

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:49

Solution = stay at home.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:57

It would be nice to surprised in a positive way, but when I think of the 2007 tour I am a little nervous about how the Stones will sound in 2009. If they come to Europe I will get tickets, but I am not sure if a new tour is an intelligent idea.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2009 13:11

Another boring day at the office, I reckon, Sven.. thumbs down

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 11, 2009 13:18

They'll miss you if you don't go.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: June 11, 2009 13:18

78 poor, 89 great. Please confirm that this is a type error?!?!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:09

svenjagger
I intend to stay home

Fine.

Then why hope it 'doesnt happen' and deny others who still enjoy it getting a kick out of it?

Personally, I'll just go to far less shows. I did 13 on each of the last 2 tours which included 3 trips to the US and I cant really justify doing that again...but I'm sure there are others who'll do as many as they can and good luck to them.

Too much expense, not enough excitement about the likely song choices or performance consistency and the chances of cancellations/postponements are getting higher with the band's increasing age and infirmity are major issues for me.

then again, I say that every tour and I end up seeing far more shows than I intended....

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:38

Can't wait to see them again, I'll be there and being just as excited as as i was the last time , and the time before that and the time............ etc etc.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:42

pgarof
Can't wait to see them again, I'll be there and being just as excited as as i was the last time , and the time before that and the time............ etc etc.

Me too. Fine with me if there is one less person trying to get good seats! I can't wait to see them. They are really the only band I get excited about to see live. I have seen some amazing musicians, but whenever I am at a show, all I can think about is how I wish it was the Stones. (it may be a sickness lol)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:46

Gazza
svenjagger
I intend to stay home

Fine.

Then why hope it 'doesnt happen' and deny others who still enjoy it getting a kick out of it?

Personally, I'll just go to far less shows. I did 13 on each of the last 2 tours which included 3 trips to the US and I cant really justify doing that again...but I'm sure there are others who'll do as many as they can and good luck to them.

Too much expense, not enough excitement about the likely song choices or performance consistency and the chances of cancellations/postponements are getting higher with the band's increasing age and infirmity are major issues for me.

then again, I say that every tour and I end up seeing far more shows than I intended....

You know you'll go to more than you should Gazza. There's nothing quite like Stones tour fever. The threads on here get more exciting, song lists start appearing revealing they're playing Winter or Jigsaw Puzzle and the whole circus starts again.
It's impossible to explain why but once Stones tour fever sets in then many of us eagerly eye up all those dates within striking distance nothing that 'this could be the last time'.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:47

svenjagger
Licks and Bigger Bang were hard to watch the shows I attended Keith was blowing it, woody was a disaster and though Jagger can still perform he looks ridiculous singing songs about young girls. The guitar playing was more like the ancient art of farting.

If you won't go - then I guess wee all won't go...winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 11, 2009 14:55

Silver Dagger
You know you'll go to more than you should Gazza. There's nothing quite like Stones tour fever. The threads on here get more exciting, song lists start appearing revealing they're playing Winter or Jigsaw Puzzle and the whole circus starts again.
It's impossible to explain why but once Stones tour fever sets in then many of us eagerly eye up all those dates within striking distance nothing that 'this could be the last time'.

I know...it's like that line in the Sopranos (or was it originally in 'The Godfather')...'every time I try to leave, they suck me back in'....

I think you're stretching credibility a bit though with 'Winter' or 'Jigsaw Puzzle'!

I'll give you an example of why I end up going to more shows than I intended. Last tour, the UK had the most expensive ticket prices in Europe. We were being stung for £150 (although on the 2006 leg you could get front 10 rows for £60 if you were quick enough) whereas the shows on the continent were maybe £50-60. Thanks to budget airlines, I thought, to hell with the UK shows, I'll boycott most of them, and trips to places like Lisbon, Nice, Madrid, Berlin etc sounded like more fun. So I booked to go there - and then as there were enough people I knew coming over to the London shows, I ended up going to THOSE shows as well anyway.... drinking smiley

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 15:13

There is nothing that can compare to the tension level just before the Stones hit the stage. I felt it in 78 and the last show I saw in Atlanta in 2006. It is like being a junkie - just one more fix, just one more show and that will be enough - it is never enough.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2009 15:18

It's a pitty at their age they cannot play decent anymore.as they are still relatively young to do such an "easy" job
It's their own bloody drug habit way of living,(Keith & Ron)
that caused it and they don't give a damn about the people that made them rich:their fans.Being on stage intoxicated is an insult to the audience.
That got less the last few tours but the damage was done.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 11, 2009 15:33

Hey, I'll sue you if the tour doesn't happen just because you started this thread!tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 15:43

god, what a putz thread....

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:01

i want them to tour because i want to see and hear them, but i am also not sure if
it´s really a good idea and if it wouldn´t be a disaster musically.
they definately shouldn´t try to play anywhere near frankfurt. whoever saw them there in 2007 will not buy another ticket.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:05

stoneswashed77
i want them to tour because i want to see and hear them, but i am also not sure if
they definately shouldn´t try to play anywhere near frankfurt. whoever saw them there in 2007 will not buy another ticket.

That bad, eh?

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:13

no, even worse

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:30

If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

Bjornulf

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: June 11, 2009 16:42

I'll go again definitely and will give me a chance to take my 10 year old son this time round!

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:11

Then go away

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:18

bv
If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

yeah, but maybe it's not so selfish if the reason is because you love them as a band are worried about a tarnished legacy. that's legit in my book. oh, and....i guess i should add: period.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:20

Then give that at the reason surely?

(come on T&A there's a classic gag waiting for ya!)

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:21

ablett
Then give that at the reason surely?

(come on T&A there's a classic gag waiting for ya!)

who are you calling surely?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:25

svenjagger
Licks and Bigger Bang were hard to watch the shows I attended Keith was blowing it, woody was a disaster and though Jagger can still perform he looks ridiculous singing songs about young girls. The guitar playing was more like the ancient art of farting.
no one is holding a gun to your head . maybe you should join or start your own message board with your negative views and commiserate with like minded individuals who share your views

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:28

I saw the 98 Paris show : pretty bad. if I had made the same "definitive" statement that you seem to make Sven the brilliant Bercy 2003 gig would have never happened...

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:32

stoneswashed77

Nope. I saw them in Frankfurt, yeah the sound was real bad - but blame the venue for closing the roof, not the Stones.
...and, I was glad I got to see them in Paris and Hamburg after that. I'm sure I'll enjoy another chance to see them.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 11, 2009 17:34

What tour!!?????

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home