Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: I hope the tour doesn't happen
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:19

T&A
bv
If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

yeah, but maybe it's not so selfish if the reason is because you love them as a band are worried about a tarnished legacy. that's legit in my book. oh, and....i guess i should add: period.

T@A; You bash the Stones alot on this board. you walk both sides of the fence. here's a comment from you from another post. And your comment is a joke.

"a vegas act is one that

1) is a nostalgia act; heavy on the oldies
2) choreographs everything it does on stage
3) attempts to recreate the studio sound on stage

....so at least by this definition the stones have definitely been a vegas act for the last 20 years. that's not a criticism, just a fact. nothing wrong with being all these things."

Attempts to recreate the studio sound on stage? Are you deaf?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:26

More Hot Rocks
Attempts to recreate the studio sound on stage? Are you deaf?

i can't hear you? what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-12 01:27 by T&A.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:27

English lesson,please...

"Period" = "Case closed" ?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:27

yes its a shame they need so much help onstage, yes they are a vegas act, yes they cant play anymore, and yes i will be there!!!!!!!! you betta believe it

Date: June 12, 2009 01:31

shortfatfanny
English lesson,please...

no - means "on the rag"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:36

T&A
shortfatfanny
English lesson,please...

no - means "on the rag"

Got it,thank you !( case closed)

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:39

I'll be like others and go to fewer shows and buy cheaper seats.

Date: June 12, 2009 01:39

melillo
yes its a shame they need so much help onstage, yes they are a vegas act, yes they cant play anymore, and yes i will be there!!!!!!!! you betta believe it

this is the proper frame of mind and attitude. no need to make excuses here. they suck. we suck. let's all just go suck together.

Date: June 12, 2009 01:44

thats right it is what it is and they are what they are which is alot better than nothing at all

Date: June 12, 2009 01:46

melillo
thats right it is what it is and they are what they are which is alot better than nothing at all

and you forgot to say we are what we are and that's all what we are....

Posted by: vesaas ()
Date: June 12, 2009 01:54

THIS IS UTTERLY BULLSHIT! STAY AWAY FROM THIS FORUM IF YOU WANNA BE A DRAG!

And for all of us who love the Stones: Stay tuned for maybe a next time. Take care of a lifetime of a totally complete band, dont't care about age, just care about music. This has been a hell of a ride, and I want to see the boys one more time.
I've seen the Stones maybe 25 times, Norway - Sweden - Denmark - England, and I've heard them bad and I've heard the best (Maybe Valle Hovin 1995). The Worst performance was Gothenburg 1982. No Doubt about that. But I loved them still.
Stop @#$%& moaning about Keith Richards. He'd getting old like all the rest of us. He has been, and is an incredible performer. I know. I have followed this band since the age og 6. (1964 - Little Red Rooster) He ain't bad ya know. But he's aging. He does not reflect the mirror of pictures from Nellcote 1972 anymore. Please. The boys have played for more than 40 years. Give me a break here!

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:00

some people are blinded by love...face it: they just really shouldnt tour anymore.
bigger bang was an absolute embaressment. but of course: to each his own...
if some people like it for whatever reason, they should go. i wont!! because i prefer to keep my amazing memories undestroyed!
and yes, hoping that they dont tour anymore is not selfish. it's more like: "i dont want my confused grandfather to walk around in the city in a pyjama. while other people laugh about him..." i love them too much...DONT DO IT BOYS!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:02

stoneswashed77
open-g
stoneswashed77
i want them to tour because i want to see and hear them, but i am also not sure if
it´s really a good idea and if it wouldn´t be a disaster musically.
they definately shouldn´t try to play anywhere near frankfurt. whoever saw them there in 2007 will not buy another ticket.

Nope. I saw them in Frankfurt, yeah the sound was real bad - but blame the venue for closing the roof, not the Stones.
...and, I was glad I got to see them in Paris and Hamburg after that. I'm sure I'll enjoy another chance to see them.

nope it wasn´t just the roof, it was keith richards f**cking it up badly.
oh i forgot. period!

The whole band was fighting the seven seconds delay coming back from the boundaries, including Keith.
Chuck Leavell wrote about that event in his blog in detail.
even Charlie got up in disgust at one point.
they had a tough time on stage indeed, but don't blame it on the band because they did very well 2 days later!

oh, and what was that? menstrual period?

Date: June 12, 2009 02:03

T&A
melillo

and you forgot to say we are what we are and that's all what we are....[/quot

I second that!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:18

Yes, those who throw wet blankets need to find a new board. I hope it's 2010 but not winter!! I hate making plans that could be cancelled due to snowstorms, or cars, trains and planes that can't get me there on time. I need to get jazzed about SOMETHING and nothing does it like the announcement of a new Stones tour!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:26

"bigger bang was an absolute embaressment"

Thats utter crap! The shows are saw are some of the best I've ever seen the Stones play...

And no I'm not 'blinded by love'. Its just a simple fact. Some on the board peddle the same statements time after time to a point where other believe it to be fact. The ABB tour was far for an embarrasment. After Keith Fall maybe but before that it was a great tour.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:35

ablett
"bigger bang was an absolute embaressment"

Thats utter crap! The shows are saw are some of the best I've ever seen the Stones play...

And no I'm not 'blinded by love'. Its just a simple fact. Some on the board peddle the same statements time after time to a point where other believe it to be fact. The ABB tour was far for an embarrasment. After Keith Fall maybe but before that it was a great tour.

i admit: i've only seen after keith fall shows...

Posted by: Lazy Bones ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:38

bv
If you don't like the Stones to tour because you don't like then live anymore then it is a pretty selfish comment to say that they should not tour because of your own personal preferences. There are millions on people in the world - including me - who want to see them live. Period.

It's fair to say that we all have our reasons for excitement as we've seen them live before and know what to expect and how a Stones' tour/show makes us feel. After reading many posts on various message boards on the net, there's still a large number of kids, teenagers and even adults who still haven't seen them live and are craving for that very opportunity.

I'm sitting here with I Am Waiting, cranked, thinking... let's go Boys!!

Date: June 12, 2009 02:47

my first wish is for charlie to extend his tour to the states so i can catch him at the blue note again

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:52

svenjagger
I intend to stay home after B 2 B it was diminishing returns. I have gone to every tour since 1972. My view is 72 great, 75 ok, 78 poor, 81 great, 89 great, 94 great, 97 good, licks sucked, Bigger Bang Big Bust

No mention of "99" No Security Tour....great shows in my humble opinion! "78" poor....you must be kidding!!!. "75" ok.....what the hell more could you want!

Date: June 12, 2009 02:53

bv

Count me in as well....bring it on!

Date: June 12, 2009 02:57

Duane in Houston
Though I doubt they will mount any more large tours I would certainly be interested in any new tour just to see how bad they would be this go round or if one of them would drop dead on stage of a heart attack. I say DO IT boys smiling smiley

I certainly hope this is a facetious post????

Date: June 12, 2009 03:05

just ask tiny tim, i mean its not like it cant happen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-12 03:56 by melillo.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 12, 2009 03:09

Whatever I hope the Stones will do just doesnt come true. I hoped since many many years that they opened the vaults - nothing, nada. I hoped Rarities was a fine and thoughtful collection, and apart from Let It Rock and Through The Lonely Nights it was quite worthless (wheres Think Im Going Mad, by the way). And there were more hopes that did not come true.

So in case I hope they will tour - they most probably wont. But in case I hope they wont tour - guess what...they will.

Therefore, I decided to keep my hopes for the Stones a secret. In fact, Im so irritated that I dont know what to hope for anyway.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-12 03:11 by alimente.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 12, 2009 03:18

No Expectations
Duane in Houston
Though I doubt they will mount any more large tours I would certainly be interested in any new tour just to see how bad they would be this go round or if one of them would drop dead on stage of a heart attack. I say DO IT boys smiling smiley

I certainly hope this is a facetious post????

He's surely trolling with that post^^

my very good friend and drummer went like that during a gig right in front of me.
anyone claiming he'd be interested in witnessing that, needs to get his head examined.

poor taste & post, Duane!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:31

Actually, SUV vehicle is a good one.

Well, some of you will go see the URR-R tour and some may go see the HTDT tour but I'm gonna go see the Releases Of The Remastered Reissued Re-Releases Tour. And I'll bet you $100 that they won't play songs from Goats Head Soup, Black And Blue, Emotional Rescue, Undercover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Bridges To Babylon and A Bigger Bang.

And if you sue me I'll sue you - Shirley, Betty - all of you.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 12, 2009 05:50

svenjagger
Licks and Bigger Bang were hard to watch the shows I attended Keith was blowing it, woody was a disaster and though Jagger can still perform he looks ridiculous singing songs about young girls. The guitar playing was more like the ancient art of farting.

come on, we know what is up with your opening post -- u r just trying to bait people into reacting as that is what u enjoy.

on the other hand, sometimes i wish they wouldn't tour either as going to Stones shows is an expensive habit, put it off for another couple of years til i have time to recover financially from ABB.

p

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 12, 2009 16:09

svenjagger obviously doesn't understand observation.

I hope svenjagger doesn't go see the Stones on their next tour.

If they do indeed tour.

Date: June 12, 2009 16:30

<bigger bang was an absolute embaressment.>

Did you see every show?

IMO, there were lots of hit and miss-shows, but some good ones. If you were at the Oslo-show (Valle Hovin), for instance, you wouldn't be calling the tour an embarassement... That show rocked!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 12, 2009 16:32

Many of you may recall, I swore I'd seen my last Stones show after the Churchill Downs show. I just wasn't going to be paying those prices anymore. But you know what happened??????? Time went by...a lot of time, and now like every other bad addict on this board, I need a fix, multiple fixes actually, so I'm more than ready for a Stones tour. The only reason why I'd ever say that I hope the tour doesn't happen is if I can't afford the tickets, and based on some of the rumors flying around out there, I fear that might be the case.

Mick is a rather astute business man, the economy isn't really going to be that much better next year, so the band is going to have to try a new way, IMO, to rob us of our money in order to fill those arenas, and what's going to do that other than showcasing an album on tour, either for the entire tour, or rotating them out every few nights? This will also allow them to jack up the prices that much more, and while I really want to go see them again, do I wanna then pay say $300 to sit at the opposite end of the arena when the same amount on the ABB tour had me pretty damn close to the stage?? I hope I'm dead wrong on this prediction, but I can certainly see it happening, and that's really the greatest attrocity of this band's legacy.......the scalping of its biggest, hardest core fans and depriving whole generations of new fans from being able to access them live.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home