Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Some People Ruin This So Called Fan Site
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:14

I'm sorry to say this but this site seems to have so many @#$%& on it.
People who seem to enjoy nothing better than bitching about the stones.
If you dislike them so much, why don't you go somewhere else???

I find it a real shame because there are a lot of friendly people on here who have a lot of interesting comments to share (positive, negative and otherwise) and seem to be genuine fans of the Rolling Stones.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with people expressing their negative feelings here, but a lot of it seems to be just Jumped up little turds who seem rather self important. I do wonder how they manage to breath with their head up their own asses.
Just like the people at gigs who talk all the way through them because they are obviously more important than the band that is performing.

There are a lot of things about the Stones that I dislike, but the thing I dislike the most is some of their so called fans, who are nothing but a bunch of idiotic ponsey @#$%&.

I hate coming on here these days, because I just get really pissed off with some pathetic threads and comments. It's like reading a shitty Tabloid newspaper like the Sun. I find this really frustrating as I love to use this site to find out genuine information and share cool memories etc. with other genuine fans.

Why do we need pathetic crap like:

Oh they're too old (Sais who? Where's the rule book?)
They should quit while they're ahead (Ahead of what? Mediocre manufactured crap?)
Mick can't do it anymore (Greatest frontman of all time, for all time!)
Charlie is boring (Charlie needs a @#$%& crown!)
Ron is a discrace for having a young girlfriend (Jealous or just read the Sun?)
They havent had a hit in years (Who gives a rats ass, they've got 30 odd albums behind them?)
They aint as good as they were in 1972 (It's not 1972, its nearly 40 years on)
Who will Die in the next five years? (You Hopefully mate!)

My answer: Go Away and join a Simon Cowell appreciation site or get off your ass and do something BETTER!!)!!!!

Thank you, and Goodnight!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-01 21:27 by vudicus.

Re: Some People Ruin This So Called Fan Site
Posted by: phelge ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:17

Simon Cowell is God. The Stones are so over.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:17

Good post! Agreed 100%

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:20

mankind is mankind, people are talking, and so we do........

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:21

vudicus
My answer: Go Away and join a Simon Cowell appreciation site or get off your pedalstool and do something BETTER!!)

A pedalstool?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:22

If someone is fascinated with the Stones he will think about them and he will find lots of great facts about them. Yet this is no reason for total submissiveness. The greatest band sets the greatest expectations. One should not become hysterical if somebody criticises the Stones, they certainly can live with it. It is clear that almost everybody on this board is a stonesfan. Anybody who seeks public attention can be criticised. A board on which everybody only writes that the Stones are fantastic would be useless and boring.

Date: June 1, 2009 21:23

Lukester
vudicus
My answer: Go Away and join a Simon Cowell appreciation site or get off your pedalstool and do something BETTER!!)

A pedalstool?

It made sense when I typed it lol

Date: June 1, 2009 21:24

windmelody
If someone is fascinated with the Stones he will think about them and he will find lots of great facts about them. Yet this is no reason for total submissiveness. The greatest band sets the greatest expectations. One should not become hysterical if somebody criticises the Stones, they certainly can live with it. It is clear that almost everybody on this board is a stonesfan. Anybody who seeks public attention can be criticised. A board on which everybody only writes that the Stones are fantastic would be useless and boring.

Clearly, you missed my point then

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:24

I'd love to say I don't like whiners,
but it would make me one, wouldn't it?

smiling smiley

Posted by: wetland10 ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:25

I agree with that, with one thing added. People who truely appreciate the band should just realize that they aren't what they were 30 years ago and just appreciate what they are now. They still can do it and will do it for as long as they want.

Oh yeah, and Mick Taylor is not and never will again be a member of the Rolling Stones. We have Woody and he does a pretty decent job, even great when he is "on."

Wayne

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:31

what is a pedastool?

Date: June 1, 2009 21:32

socialdistortion
what is a pedastool?

A typing mistake

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:33

Ahh........

Date: June 1, 2009 21:33

lol

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:35

i know it was just a typo, but I have a feeling I'll be saying pedastool for the next few years.

I'm still saying berfday, and "my bag".

Date: June 1, 2009 21:39

CindyC
i know it was just a typo, but I have a feeling I'll be saying pedastool for the next few years.

I'm still saying berfday, and "my bag".

I accidently said "Cokey-Cola" in front of some relatives once, never have lived that one down.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:42

vudicus
windmelody

me too - could you please rephrase it?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:44

Yeah, the southern pronounciation(sp.?) is "Co-Coler".

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:45

vudicus
I accidently said "Cokey-Cola" in front of some relatives once, never have lived that one down.

Hehe - I got some junk mail once addressed as 'Dincy" instead of Cindy. My family called me Dincy for years after that.

Date: June 1, 2009 21:49

in order to be correctly mislabeled, shouldn't it have read: "DincyD?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-01 22:01 by T&A.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: June 1, 2009 21:59

vudicus
windmelody

The point that the point of an internet discussion board is not to discuss things?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:00

Who's Simon Cowell?

Date: June 1, 2009 22:02

Tornandfrayed
vudicus
windmelody

The point that the point of an internet discussion board is not to discuss things?

Sorry, where does my post imply that?

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:05

A "pedalstool" is a person who like to molest small backless chairs.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:13

yapper
A "pedalstool" is a person who like to molest small backless chairs.

Just don't ask anyone to push your pedastool in.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:13

i have often found it useful to not be so sensitive and thin skinned .that way you can share the laughs with the ones making fun of you .

Date: June 1, 2009 22:15

The Greek
i have often found it useful to not be so sensitive and thin skinned .that way you can share the laughs with the ones making fun of you .

this oftenly happens to me

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:15

so, should Ronnie ditch the syrup, for the next tour?

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:16

Lol, this is the second time in the past few days that I have to agreed with the majority of what you said in your post Vudicus. That being said, some people just seem to have negative views of almost everything. Like it has been mentioned, if 100% of the people on here thought everything was fantastic on this board, it would tend to lead to uninteresting discussions from time to time.

A good many Rolling Stones fans are glad to revel in the past glories of the band's music and accomplishments over the years and some of those fans will tend to compare what is now against what was then and when they do that of course their will be some negativity voiced, it's unavoidable to some.

I have been a Rolling Stones fan for over 40 years and to this day my positive thoughts about the band outnumber the negatives about 99 to 1. I realize that their exploits these days may be tame as compared to the past decades and that their music may not have the same explosiveness that has been seen in the past but they are still the Rolling Stones to me, the band that I have followed for all these years, and they definitely are still rockin my world. I can deal with the negativity and pessimism on this board because to me, they have nothing left to prove in my opinion.

Mike

Mike

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:18

Adrian-L
so, should Ronnie ditch the syrup, for the next tour?
no way .where will ronnie get his nutrients and vitamins if not for his liquid NOURISHMENT !!!!!!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home