Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Some People Ruin This So Called Fan Site
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:20

I got your point vudicus, and I can certainly agree with what you are trying to say, but it is useless to express your feelings like you did. There will always be someone who will find something in your post to make fun of what you said, or try to make it ridiculous.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 1, 2009 22:25

I don't mind the mockery at all,
sometimes it's hard to tell, when somebody is being sarcastic in type, I think a following smiley face (with optional wink) always helps.
I certainly did go on a big rant and I expect the backlash.

I just had a few things I felt I needed to get off my chest.

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-01 22:26 by vudicus.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 1, 2009 23:41

GREAT POST!
I agree totally that a few here are primadonna's and cannot have a negative discussion without insulting or elevating themselves as some higher being.
Discussion (neg or pos) is an adult thing to do. Where disagreement is acceptable but a civil exchange has occured.

And Pedalstool , some people just are pedalstools...........

Date: June 2, 2009 00:07

So you have shared what you don't like, and what you would rather not see here anymore. How would you like to see the board progress from hereon? What kind of threads do we need more of? And what kind of posts? Please be specific.
Not meant as a challenge, more as a need to know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-02 00:07 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 2, 2009 00:17

jus let it roll mate; it is what is is; vent criticize wildly praise (this period or that for whatever reasons...bring it all. let it roll...whatchu gonna do? be the membership monitor? not meant as a put down, just sayin....
it's all part of the thing i guess...i like it here, warts and all; lots of info,grand historians sinners and saints and everything in between... do yer own filtering make your own comments; way cool site; love it. lots of generous peeps, wonderful referrals and vids and comments and stuff...sigh...peeps care and will guide you to the sublime stuff never released offically etc..etc...divine.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 2, 2009 01:02

I think a lot of the current negativity is due to the current state of things. It seems to be pretty bad all over, not just here in America, although I think the mood in this country is one of extreme frustration at all that is going on. This site is the type of place where people come to vent their feelings, good and bad. When times are good (and maybe also when the Stones are active) people come here to express their happiness and reminisce about good times. When things are bad (and maybe the Stones are not so active) they come here to vent and express feelings which are not so happy. Both are valid, although, of course, the good times are certainly more pleasant. But the simple fact of the matter is, the Stones are not what they once were, and they can't be. You can't be young and conquering the world forever, everyone gets old and things change. Rock n Roll has certainly changed over the years, and not, I think, always for the better. It seems to be much more thought out and by the numbers, and a lot of older bands are victims of that. By default, they become more corporations, businesses more than bands. Some, like AC/DC, who were incredibly solid, but never really groundbreaking and cutting edge to begin with, and who have, sometimes thru odd quirks, twists of fate, and luck, ended up with either original, or seminal era band members still completely intact, can seem a bit more relevant, or at least fresh, than others, at least in concert. Unfortunately, the Stones, along with the Who and others, are not one of them. Their age has caught up with them more so, partly because they are the oldest, and it gets harder produce night after night so consistently. Some of it is not their fault, Keith's fingers certainly can't be helped, for example. Some of it is a lifetime of indulgence, which when coupled with a difficulty in staying cleaned up, has major effects also. And some of it is just plain age. Others, like the Who, are simply one or two originals with hired pros, and are a shadow of their past glory, although they may still be capable of great shows at times. Plus, when compared to a band like AC/DC, the Stones always had a bit more going on, their variety and experimentation set a standard that has not always been easy for them to continually achieve. It's much easier for AC/DC, or the reunited Van Halen, to go on tour and and satisfy their fans because they were always a much more basic and simpler form of rock n roll than the Stones (EVH's virtuosity on guitar not withstanding), and as a result, it's not as hard for them to deliver. Plus, they are significantly younger than the Stones who are all in their 60's. The Who, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, they all operated at a higher level than Aerosmith and AC/DC. Not necessarily in musicianship, but just in an overall level of status and achievement. For whatever reasons, some bands are held to a higher standard than others, and as time, deaths, health, and life take their toll, it gets more and more difficult to stay at that level. Some people on here seem to be unable to admit that, or just don't see it that way. Others like them no matter what. They are in the positive camp, and they are very vocal in their praise. Then you have the other camp, who do see it that way, and some of them are also very vocal. I admit, it burns my ass when I read comments from people who talk like the Stones are still the second coming of Christ, when I so clearly see that they obviously no longer are. They might be so in the positive camp's eyes, which is fine, but in reality, not everyone agrees, which is also fine. This isn't to say they are not valid at all, just that not everyone sees them as they once were, and have just as much right to say so as those that do. Unfortunately, I think current conditions have the negativity between the various sides at an all time high, which seems to be the case with everything all over the world. Everyone's pissed off about something. The Rolling Stones are no longer what they once were, but they aren't done either. It would be nice if we would all just see things a little more realistically and be respectful of each others viewpoints.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 2, 2009 01:08

Beelyboy
jus let it roll mate; it is what is is; vent criticize wildly praise (this period or that for whatever reasons...bring it all. let it roll...whatchu gonna do? be the membership monitor? not meant as a put down, just sayin....
it's all part of the thing i guess...i like it here, warts and all; lots of info,grand historians sinners and saints and everything in between... do yer own filtering make your own comments; way cool site; love it. lots of generous peeps, wonderful referrals and vids and comments and stuff...sigh...peeps care and will guide you to the sublime stuff never released offically etc..etc...divine.

You said it all right there Beely.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 2, 2009 01:38

boogie69
I think a lot of the current negativity is due to the current state of things.
It would be nice if we would all just see things a little more realistically and be respectful of each others viewpoints.[/]

Well written, totally agree with.

Remember 6th of December 1969: "People, what are we fighting for ...? Cool down, .. stay together ,,., let's go on with the show..."

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 2, 2009 03:23

Well I have given my views on the negetivity that seems to pour from some posters here...
So now I just avoid those posts and try to stay sane. The Stones are fantastic in my book! They are still rocking and they are in their late sixties. History indeed. I am happy the boys seem healthy and happy, and still like to dish out some kick ass jams for us folks. THANKS BOYS!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 2, 2009 03:32

DUDE - it's the motherfuucking INTERNET - it's FACELESS! Sorry to use an Aermosmith LP title but Get A Grip.

Although I applaud you on expressing yourself with the dislikes of others and their comments.

In the end - see, I've got bad things to say. And I've got good things to say. I also like to ask questions - some of which are laughed at or deemed whatever, like my recent Brown Sugar recorded question.

Totally legit.

But not for everyone.

So relax. And really - either don't read the threads or read them and go with the flow or against the flow. These are just words, nothing else. They mean nothing.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 2, 2009 07:45

u know, tho I love all the Stones music and so much of their great past, it seems I am also very current and forward looking -- the current album, the current tour, the next album (tho that can take a while), the next tour.

I know whenever they release a new album, I listen to it a lot for like 6 months to 1.5 years, much more so than old stuff as it is new and fresh and there is always something to enjoy, some new albums more than others.

And for me, I just love the Bigger Bang tour and I was just totally focused on the band "now", this tour, the next show, etc.

Now, I look forward to the next of each whilst still enjoying the Bang album and tour in their various recorded incarnations.

not sure what i will do or how i will react when all that is present (and future) is permanently past, but I don't think about it really, as they are still around and are a functioning, living band still producing new things (albums and shows).

that's me.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-02 07:48 by timbernardis.

Date: June 2, 2009 07:56

I agree. This site is disappointing at times. The garbage of some postings. Let's face it. We would all love the Stones to be active all the time, but they're not. So the threads get a little redundant and boring when the Stones aren't actually recording or touring. But whadda ya want for nothing.....

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 2, 2009 08:16

"Pedalstool" is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. That's priceless.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2009 08:33

After the Beatles, the Stones are the greatest band ever.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 5, 2009 14:51

vudicus, it's best to not take the haters and the naysayers seriously, mainly because they take themselves much more seriously than they should.

And tabloid content spilling out all over web boards is just like viral advertising for a certain kind of mindset - one which helps selling tabloids.

And that's all so don't feed the trolls, even if there are none.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 5, 2009 15:17

What's wrong with a pedalstool?

Denis Santachiara has designed this stool with a pair of pedals.
It allows to make exercise being steady.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: June 5, 2009 16:19

It is indeed a fan site, and are "fans" not allowed to criticise ? and are the Stones not above criticism ?
SO long as it kept polite, I haven't go a problem, Some of the criticism, even when I don't agree with it can be very valid, some of course is just silly, but if you start being prescriptive, you will lose some of the interesting debates and end up with a very bland site.

yes it is a "stones fans" site but not a "stones arse licking" site. If the band themselves had a few less of those around them, things might even be better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 16:30 by Nanker Phlegm.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:11

CindyC
i know it was just a typo, but I have a feeling I'll be saying pedastool for the next few years.

I'm still saying berfday, and "my bag".

i'm not sure it was a typo....the original post by vudicus has many
references to poop and a-holes. winking smiley (like "Jumped up little turds")

hey, vudicus..i respect your opinion and agree with most of it but you might
be expecting too much and giving this site too much importance. it's just
a fun & harmless distraction.....more than just a Stones fansite these days.
it's not worth getting upset about.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 17:12 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 5, 2009 17:13

I'm over it now.
Just needed a little rant

cool smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:20

gfc

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:29

my take on this is life is full of CHOICES ,if someone does not care for this fan site maybe they can go elsewhere or they can start there own fan site it's not like someone is holding a gun to someone's head and said you must post on iorr.cmon we all are supposed to be ADULTS .lastly if ya cant take the heat GET OUT OF THE IORR KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:35

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:40

gfc's

Date: June 5, 2009 17:41

what does gfc's mean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-05 17:45 by vudicus.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: June 5, 2009 17:50

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up To Vudicus. smileys with beer

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: June 5, 2009 18:30

Why not just think of it as an amazing thing itself that people are sitting here in 2009 and seriously discussing the prospects of a possible upcoming tour or a new record. Who would really have thought so back in ...... (fill in whenever it was you first became aware of this by all means an extraordinary band)?

I think I recall that after having seen them live in Gothenburg in 1982 I had the feeling that this might have been the last chance of getting to see the band of which I had been a fan since I was a kid in action.

Sitting in my car the other day, I was switching between JJF versions from GYYYO and SAL, and instead of being sad because the latter version couldn't quite live up to the first one, I really felt grateful for, that despite of the 40 yrs timespan in between, they are still out there hammering out the same chords.

Speaking of JFF, I think I never heard it played with such an energy level as in Oslo in Aug 2007. After having more or less lost interest in the band during the 90'ies and into the 2000's (I can't even remember exactly which concerts I attended during that period), that concert really put me right back on track. Even think it was better than in 82 which I understand by many is concidered the last tour they were still having it...

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 5, 2009 19:48

timbernardis
u know, tho I love all the Stones music and so much of their great past, it seems I am also very current and forward looking -- the current album, the current tour, the next album (tho that can take a while), the next tour.

I know whenever they release a new album, I listen to it a lot for like 6 months to 1.5 years, much more so than old stuff as it is new and fresh and there is always something to enjoy, some new albums more than others.

And for me, I just love the Bigger Bang tour and I was just totally focused on the band "now", this tour, the next show, etc.

Now, I look forward to the next of each whilst still enjoying the Bang album and tour in their various recorded incarnations.

not sure what i will do or how i will react when all that is present (and future) is permanently past, but I don't think about it really, as they are still around and are a functioning, living band still producing new things (albums and shows).

that's me.

plexi

Ok, hang on tight. That earth shattering rumble you are about to experience is the sound of planet Earth crashing into the moon, thrown off its course by the fact that I agree with timbernardis. Got to give credit when due.

Plexi-ass.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 6, 2009 02:56

iorr is like the mafia; i try to get out but they DRAGG ME BAcK INNNN. (apologies to al pacino) onct dis place gitts ya, yer done gott ...

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Stonewalled ()
Date: June 6, 2009 09:00

Don't look at me,I'm happy!smiling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2009 09:06

socialdistortion
Ahh........

Is that another way of saying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home