Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Some People Ruin This So Called Fan Site
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 6, 2009 09:51

vudicus
I'm sorry to say this but this site seems to have so many @#$%& on it.
People who seem to enjoy nothing better than bitching about the stones.
If you dislike them so much, why don't you go somewhere else???

I find it a real shame because there are a lot of friendly people on here who have a lot of interesting comments to share (positive, negative and otherwise) and seem to be genuine fans of the Rolling Stones.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with people expressing their negative feelings here, but a lot of it seems to be just Jumped up little turds who seem rather self important. I do wonder how they manage to breath with their head up their own asses.
Just like the people at gigs who talk all the way through them because they are obviously more important than the band that is performing.

There are a lot of things about the Stones that I dislike, but the thing I dislike the most is some of their so called fans, who are nothing but a bunch of idiotic ponsey @#$%&.

I hate coming on here these days, because I just get really pissed off with some pathetic threads and comments. It's like reading a shitty Tabloid newspaper like the Sun. I find this really frustrating as I love to use this site to find out genuine information and share cool memories etc. with other genuine fans.

Why do we need pathetic crap like:

Oh they're too old (Sais who? Where's the rule book?)
They should quit while they're ahead (Ahead of what? Mediocre manufactured crap?)
Mick can't do it anymore (Greatest frontman of all time, for all time!)
Charlie is boring (Charlie needs a @#$%& crown!)
Ron is a discrace for having a young girlfriend (Jealous or just read the Sun?)
They havent had a hit in years (Who gives a rats ass, they've got 30 odd albums behind them?)
They aint as good as they were in 1972 (It's not 1972, its nearly 40 years on)
Who will Die in the next five years? (You Hopefully mate!)

My answer: Go Away and join a Simon Cowell appreciation site or get off your ass and do something BETTER!!)!!!!

Thank you, and Goodnight!

I have noticed a few more tossers on here of late. Not just Stones bashers, just people with nothing better to do than troll and spoil it from everyone.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 6, 2009 10:39

<<< Some People Ruin This So Called Fan Site >>>

Quite agree ... I hereby ban myself

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 6, 2009 10:56

This thread is ridiculous...BV should ban it!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 6, 2009 14:34

boogie69
I think a lot of the current negativity is due to the current state of things. It seems to be pretty bad all over, not just here in America, although I think the mood in this country is one of extreme frustration at all that is going on. This site is the type of place where people come to vent their feelings, good and bad. When times are good (and maybe also when the Stones are active) people come here to express their happiness and reminisce about good times. When things are bad (and maybe the Stones are not so active) they come here to vent and express feelings which are not so happy. Both are valid, although, of course, the good times are certainly more pleasant. But the simple fact of the matter is, the Stones are not what they once were, and they can't be. You can't be young and conquering the world forever, everyone gets old and things change. Rock n Roll has certainly changed over the years, and not, I think, always for the better. It seems to be much more thought out and by the numbers, and a lot of older bands are victims of that. By default, they become more corporations, businesses more than bands. Some, like AC/DC, who were incredibly solid, but never really groundbreaking and cutting edge to begin with, and who have, sometimes thru odd quirks, twists of fate, and luck, ended up with either original, or seminal era band members still completely intact, can seem a bit more relevant, or at least fresh, than others, at least in concert. Unfortunately, the Stones, along with the Who and others, are not one of them. Their age has caught up with them more so, partly because they are the oldest, and it gets harder produce night after night so consistently. Some of it is not their fault, Keith's fingers certainly can't be helped, for example. Some of it is a lifetime of indulgence, which when coupled with a difficulty in staying cleaned up, has major effects also. And some of it is just plain age. Others, like the Who, are simply one or two originals with hired pros, and are a shadow of their past glory, although they may still be capable of great shows at times. Plus, when compared to a band like AC/DC, the Stones always had a bit more going on, their variety and experimentation set a standard that has not always been easy for them to continually achieve. It's much easier for AC/DC, or the reunited Van Halen, to go on tour and and satisfy their fans because they were always a much more basic and simpler form of rock n roll than the Stones (EVH's virtuosity on guitar not withstanding), and as a result, it's not as hard for them to deliver. Plus, they are significantly younger than the Stones who are all in their 60's. The Who, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, they all operated at a higher level than Aerosmith and AC/DC. Not necessarily in musicianship, but just in an overall level of status and achievement. For whatever reasons, some bands are held to a higher standard than others, and as time, deaths, health, and life take their toll, it gets more and more difficult to stay at that level. Some people on here seem to be unable to admit that, or just don't see it that way. Others like them no matter what. They are in the positive camp, and they are very vocal in their praise. Then you have the other camp, who do see it that way, and some of them are also very vocal. I admit, it burns my ass when I read comments from people who talk like the Stones are still the second coming of Christ, when I so clearly see that they obviously no longer are. They might be so in the positive camp's eyes, which is fine, but in reality, not everyone agrees, which is also fine. This isn't to say they are not valid at all, just that not everyone sees them as they once were, and have just as much right to say so as those that do. Unfortunately, I think current conditions have the negativity between the various sides at an all time high, which seems to be the case with everything all over the world. Everyone's pissed off about something. The Rolling Stones are no longer what they once were, but they aren't done either. It would be nice if we would all just see things a little more realistically and be respectful of each others viewpoints.

Quite a thick text to read, but full of good insights. Especially the comparison of the recent success of the band like AC/DC and then the older and more artistically "challenging" bands like the Stones. It is goddamn true. Even in their most autopilot mood of "hey let's make an album that sounds like the Stones" they tend to be musically much richer than AC/DC ever. Over-all, the type of rock'n'roll The Stones represent has never been as concept-closed, and I think for that very reason they are quite difficult to define or even understand. it is not as trademarked sound as, say, AC/DC or Aerosmith or Van Halen has). For example, when a young kid learns from a guitar magazine or somewhere that the best Stones albums are done within 4 years (BEGGARS, BLEED, STICKY and EXILE) and then goes and downloads them, I think he might be quite surprised of what he will hear, and how much the albums and the sound of the band varies from album to album. I think the recent phenomal success of AC/DC is much to do with the easy and simple out-look of their music - very predictable and one-track-mind type of music. Suits very well with the taste of the kids today...

Over-all observation: I think the difference between the bands of the 60's and the bands of the 70's - that is: with the first generation and the second generation bands - is that the 60's ones seem to have somehow the idea of progress and change in loaded them and they don't have real models of the rock bands yet; they are always in the process of defining themselves, whereas the bands like Aerosmith, AC/DC, KISS etc. and later "retro-bands" like Guns'n'Roses, etc. do have the very model of how a rock band should sound like programmed in them, and they never escape too far from that. Their concept is so defined (and personally I find them mostly very boring.)

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-06 14:44 by Doxa.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 6, 2009 20:33

< We have Woody and he does a pretty decent job, even great when he is "on."> confused smiley

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: June 6, 2009 20:46

agree 100% Vudicus and RSbestbandever...

"...till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: June 6, 2009 21:12

Amsterdamned
< We have Woody and he does a pretty decent job, even great when he is "on."> confused smiley

What`s your point??confused smiley

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: June 6, 2009 21:29

Best to rise above it Vudicus. There's 4 Mick Taylor threads on page 1 alone, do I let it bother me...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-07 01:19 by ROLLINGSTONE.

Date: June 6, 2009 21:44

wild_horse_pete
Amsterdamned

Quite clear to me!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 6, 2009 21:45

i know i tried my best heh heh

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: June 6, 2009 22:19

Amsterdamned
wild_horse_pete
Amsterdamned

Quite clear to me!

Can you explain it to me then, i don`t understand it.

Date: June 6, 2009 22:42

Try to find it out yourself.winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2009 23:56

It is what it is...and that's all it is.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:53

........wow.........this site is about exchanging ideas, thoughts, news, adventures, memories, etc....what is the point if everyone agrees...if you disagree with someone's perspective..then challenge them...bring out facts...bring out thoughtful and intelligent argument that might alter their opinion...in other words..try contributing, or try respecting someone's point of view first rather than feigning indignation and contempt for someone that might have a different opinion or experience.......if you are on this site you are probably a fan....long time...short time....rabid or fair weather...I think all should be welcome....it's a livelier place.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 7, 2009 01:09

Rip This
........wow.........this site is about exchanging ideas, thoughts, news, adventures, memories, etc....what is the point if everyone agrees...if you disagree with someone's perspective..then challenge them...bring out facts...bring out thoughtful and intelligent argument that might alter their opinion...in other words..try contributing, or try respecting someone's point of view first rather than feigning indignation and contempt for someone that might have a different opinion or experience.......if you are on this site you are probably a fan....long time...short time....rabid or fair weather...I think all should be welcome....it's a livelier place.

I have to agree. If you see a thread topic that you don't think you'll like, then don't read it. If you don't see any topics of interest, start one of your own. The only people who should be able to "spoil" this site are those whom you allow to, including yourself.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2009 01:25

Rockman survival tip - Stay cool even when they got ya cornered

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 7, 2009 02:13

im a HUGE fan of the rolling stones but they died in 1989,
ever since then they are the vegas stones and they SUCK sad smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 7, 2009 02:53

Slick, it must be a fabulous feeling to be an expert on every RS show from 1989 on.

They didn't seem like a Las Vegas act to me when I saw them in the US and Europe in 2006 and 2007.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 7, 2009 04:18

Personally, I thought the 89-90 tour was the slickest "vegas" style tour of them all!!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: June 7, 2009 12:56

Hey, I LOVED The Steel Wheels tour. Great setlist, great album. They have, basically, been playing the same tour ever since though. Give or take.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 7, 2009 15:34

"they [The Stones] tend to be musically much richer than AC/DC ever"
If "Might As Well get Juiced" is muscially rich then I'll have to agree with you.
Imho being creative is not sticking to the latest trends, it's coming with sth you can still listen to after 10 years.
From this point of view and considreing the last 2 decades, ACDC kicks the Stones's sorry ass...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:05

moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan!!

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:24

"ACDC kicks the Stones's sorry ass..."

Oh dear. That has to be the amoung the stupidest statements in the history of.......statements. ACDC? A band that every song sounds the same and a hi-light of the show is a midget in shorts showing his ass? That ACDC?

"For Those About To Suck" and other "Classics" (LOL) are so bad they define the word "bad". This group of skid row looking midgets are far from being in a position to kick anyones ass. The same 3 chords over and over and over.....its all a bit bothersome. But hell, they have a cannon-so they are great, I suppose.
Really, where is the diversity, the talent, the reason to justify their existance? I would not travel across the street to see them, I do not like them, I do not like the type of audience they attract. Their "music" is punishment, cruel and cold-hearted, served in the most obnoxious way. They produce audio atrocities that cause the part of the brain that determine's good taste to commit suicide,there by leaving only the lamest of fans to worship their 4'6" frames.

I really don't like ACDC.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:25

The Stones ruled as a liveband from 1989-1999! There has never been a Stones "vegastour"!!!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:38

dcba
Who's Simon Cowell?

I don't know for sure but from reading other posts on this thread I surmise it's something that you add or mix with a "pedastool."

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:41

It's a very dangerous mixture, you should never put them together! cool smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2009 17:04

Yapper about AC/DC: I do not like them, I do not like the type of audience they attract
------------------------------------------------------------------

I am quite sure that everybody's opinions are formed by their experiences. I never cared very much for AC/DC. When my wife and I went to Hockenheim, Germany to see the Stones on the Licks Tour I was very much surprised that AC/DC were opening for the Stones. I didn't even know that AC/DC still existed. When I arrived at the hotel I was even more surprised to find out that it was filled with AC/DC fans. Same thing goes for the restaurants we went to. This was the first Stonesshow where I found more fans for the opening band than for the Stones. Unbelievable. About the AC/DC fans I can say nothing but good things. We spent some great time at the hotelbar, teasing eachother with how good/bad our/their band was. All in a very pleasant atmosphere. They even convinced me to watch the opening band, which I normally never do. This time I caught about the last hour of AC/DC and I liked it. All in all my experience with AC/DC and their fans was a good one.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

What do you think
Posted by: Highwire.uk ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:14

This could happen but what do you think would happen
If Mick Keith Ronnie & Charlie were in the studio working on a new album with no bass player on hand.
And if Bill happened to be in the same building.
1 Would he offer to fill in
2 Would they ask him to fill in
3 If he offered would they say no thanks
4 If they asked would he say no
5 If he said yes at least they would know what they have been missing for years
The feel The roll used to be the greatest rock n roll band in the world.
Now just the best Rock band still the best but hey the feel left with Bill.

Re: What do you think
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:33

Re: What do you think
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 7, 2009 02:07

What do you think if Gary Coleman was on a soundstage and all of the sudden there was a need for a short African American to play a cops sidekick and his characters name would be Turd...If you were Gary Coleman, would you take the gig?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home