Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Rest In Peace, Willy DeVille
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:07

I may be a bit slow, but while searching for artists to include on the Jazz Fest thread, I discovered that Willy DeVille has been diagnosed with Hepatitis C.

Apparently, this was announced back in February.

I don't know much about Hep-C, but I hope there will come a time when he is active again.

From [www.willydevillemusic.com] :

Willy Forced To Cancel 2009 Plans
It's with sadness and regret that we are forced to inform Willy's fans and promoters that his 2009 tour and production plans have to be postponed as he is being treated for Hepatitis C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-08 05:36 by Edith Grove.

Re: OT: Willy DeVille
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:12

hep-c can be treated with heavy chemo-therapy. it takes more then half a year and the side effects are pretty heavy! lets hope he gets over it well!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 26, 2009 04:14

Could listen all day ta Willy doin' Lay Me Down Easy ........ Great stuff

ROCKMAN

Date: April 26, 2009 04:33

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:10

Didn't know about his hep-c......too bad, hope he can overcome it. 't has been done - but then not for every one....

we've had many Willie songs on our setlists - like this one...

edit: damn those embedding ignorants...what's that good for?

ah well, here's another one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-26 05:23 by open-g.

Date: April 26, 2009 05:44

Fanks Edith, dats it ....... Arr well... there goes another day .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: April 26, 2009 05:49

shit.

Willy's one of the great rock n' roll singers/songwriters/bandleaders.

the first three Mink DeVille albums are stone, perfect classics.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 10:37

I don't get it.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 26, 2009 10:54

listening to his show now

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 26, 2009 11:57

Willy at his best

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 26, 2009 12:07

Willy is one of those great unsung heroes that just keep making great records irregardless of whether the public buys them or not. A true rock'n'roller and a true musician. Hope he gets better.

Date: April 26, 2009 12:26

I don't get it..... Okay try tellin' the judge his wig looks stupid

ROCKMAN

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: April 26, 2009 20:03

Let's hope Willy gets through this difficult episode in his life and hopefully the man will make some more music. Seen him quite sometimes in the last 20 years or so, great musician/singer/songwriter with a lot of style. Allthough his last couple of gigs I didn't like but he still got my sympathy.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 26, 2009 22:40

That guy one answered a questions that he takes no stock in the Stones ... so, I don't care if he has hep a, b or c ...

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: April 26, 2009 22:45

Meise
That guy one answered a questions that he takes no stock in the Stones ... so, I don't care if he has hep a, b or c ...

Funny way to look at the world?

Date: April 26, 2009 22:46

Meise

WOW! That is a bit harsh, is it not?

Date: April 26, 2009 22:50

What'd ya mean? My or his words? ;-)

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: April 26, 2009 22:53

Meise
What'd ya mean? My or his words? ;-)

Yours!

Date: April 26, 2009 23:02

I mean what I say. Who says bad things about the Stones in the dog house for awhile anyway ...

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 00:17

Thank you for posting this Edith Grove, I had read this on Willy's website. I hope he gets through it OK. I have been a fan of his for many years and he has in my opinion held his own throughout the years with some great music. He is a true american troubador. I recently purchased the DVD of Willy "Live at Montreux" and it was great to see a really tight and rocking band at it's best.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: June 2, 2009 18:55

It's great to see so many Stones fans wishing Willy DeVille well.

After the Stones, Willy is my all-time favorite rocker. He's like the Stones in that you can listen to the albums over and over again and get something new from them each time. And also like the Stones, he has always worked with superb musicians and collaborators (Doc Pomus, Jack Nietschze, Eddie Hidalgo, Mark Knofler, Brenda Lee, Allen Toussaint, among others).

Here's wishing him well with many more albums to come.

Posted by: yapper ()
Date: June 2, 2009 20:08

Meise
I mean what I say. Who says bad things about the Stones in the dog house for awhile anyway ...

Then you should hate pretty much everyone on this site.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 2, 2009 20:16

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 2, 2009 22:05

Ol' favorite of mine too.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 3, 2009 00:04

I saw Willy and his band open impressively for BB King a few years back in Alberschwende, Austria. Great gig, but the weather turned cold with heavy rain for BB King. B's band didn't miss a lick. Crowd loved it.

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 3, 2009 02:27

Willy is the man, the epitome of cool. Ask me which of his albums I like most and I'll tell you "all of them". They are all a perfect mix of songs. One day a chemist mixed equal amounts of R&R,R&B,Soul,Funk,Reggae,Calypso and out popped Willy.I love the guy and his music. I certainly wish him well and I know he has the toughness to shake this off. Should anyone hear any news of his progress please post it here.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: June 17, 2009 03:00

"Should anyone hear any news of his progress please post it here."

More bad news about Willy: He has now been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

His wife Nina writes, "It is with a broken heart that I have to tell you that while the doctors examined Willy to prepare him for the Hep C treatment, they discovered that he has pancreatic cancer. He is doing okay and is not in pain and at home watching movies, listening to music, playing a little guitar and reading. We hug a lot and am grateful for the time we have together. Please send him your prayers and good wishes. With love from Nina"

[www.willydevillemusic.com]

Date: June 17, 2009 03:03

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 17, 2009 03:23

Best wishes. Sad to hear.

Posted by: Richard Marcus ()
Date: June 27, 2009 04:29

Unfortunately the doctors discoverd that Willy actually has Pancreatic Cancer...His wife Nina announced it on the web site last week. I've been siting on this since early May when she let me know - I've grown close, well as close as you can get long distance over the phone, with Willy and Nina since I wrote an article for the German edition of Rolling Stone magazine on Willy in Feb. of 2008 as I interviewed Willy for the second time for that article. Both times he and I had huge long talks about art and life in general as well as his music.

I know this is a forum for Rolling Stones fans, but since all of you have been so cool in expressing your concern for Willy I thought I should pass along the update on his situation. Unfortunately there is no cure for Pancreatic Cancer so this is it for Willy. In honour of him and his music I've organized a petition requesting that he be considered for induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame when they next put forward candidates for addmission. If you're interested in signing the petition please go to this address Petiton to have Willy DeVille inducted into Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. You can also go to my site's Willy DeVille Page and read a little bit about the process for induction and find links to reviews of his work and two interviews I've contducted with him to learn more about him.

Thank you everybody and thanks for thinking nice thoughts about Willy. Even if he did once say something nasty about the Rolling Stones - he's a good man and deserves to be recognized for the great music he's created

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2073
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home