Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick Taylor North American Dates
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:42

July
16 Cisco/Ottawa Blues Fest - Ottawa, ON
17 Legendary Horshoe - Toronto, ON
18 Windsor Blues Fest - Windsor, ON
19 London Blues Fest - London, ON
20 Tralf Music - Buffalo, NY
21 Eight Great Tuesdays - Erie PA
22 Louisville KY
23 20th Century - Cincinnati, OH
24 Columbus OH
25 Kent Stage - Kent OH
26 Pittsburgh Blues Fest - Pittsburgh, PA
27 Rams Head - Annapolis MD
28 1894 Philadelphia Market - Sellersville, PA
29 BB Kings - NYC
30 Westerl,y RI

August
9 Copper Mountain, CO

Re: Mick Taylor North American Dates
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:44

wow, that's a lot of dates for one month. he's gonna be busy, I just hope the tapers will be busy as well and he's not going to fool around CYHMK for the 100000th time, but rather play something new.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:49

Sort of a strange region to limit dates for... Maybe I'll get down to the one in RI. I loved seeing him in Maine about 10 yrs ago. And I've got more stuff for him to sign!!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 8, 2009 18:56

Ihope he adds some tx(or at least southwest) dates-he always draws decent here!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:00

scottkeef
Ihope he adds some tx(or at least southwest) dates-he always draws decent here!

He's too overweight to stand the heat that time of year. That's why he's staying up north! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 8, 2009 19:04

We got them thar outfits that makes it cool in yore house in Texas now! HAR HAR! Git er done!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 8, 2009 20:45

Amused
wow, that's a lot of dates for one month. he's gonna be busy, I just hope the tapers will be busy as well and he's not going to fool around CYHMK for the 100000th time, but rather play something new.

Rather MT than the Stones fooling arround playing satisfaction for the 100000000 time,only bearable with the help of some visual hocus pocus and guest musicians over the last25 years to disguise their incompetence.

At least Mick Taylor stil plays without making an inferiour copy of himself.
And yes,he is too fat.Enjoy your meal Mick. Only teenagers think that's important in music.

Date: March 8, 2009 21:23

Amsterdamned: despite loving Santana & CYHMK coda, I find Stones' live versions more satisfying. Fooling around wasn't really negative, but with his abilities I want something new.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 8, 2009 21:51

Even as a Taylor fan I have to say that he makes me nervous. Historically, he can be extraordinarily lazy. I would probably go see him, but really do not want to hear another version of Secret Affair, Twisted Sister....etc. Will he release a CD? Will he play something different? Will he display some inspiration and demonstrate that something moves him anymore? Is there anything creatively going on with him that his fans can tap in to? He does not put on a "show," so to speak, so the pleasures are subtler. I expect very competent playing with flashes of inspiration. But I'd like to feel that he cares, but I'm not sure he does anymore.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 8, 2009 22:07

pmk251
Even as a Taylor fan I have to say that he makes me nervous. Historically, he can be extraordinarily lazy. I would probably go see him, but really do not want to hear another version of Secret Affair, Twisted Sister....etc. Will he release a CD? Will he play something different? Will he display some inspiration and demonstrate that something moves him anymore? Is there anything creatively going on with him that his fans can tap in to? He does not put on a "show," so to speak, so the pleasures are subtler. I expect very competent playing with flashes of inspiration. But I'd like to feel that he cares, but I'm not sure he does anymore.

Maryland & Rhode Island... Great corners of the US.. smiling smiley

He's might play Ventilator Blues & probably Stop Breakin Down..
He's gonna take ya back to 1971-72.. I envy ya! Hope he's soon up here in Sweden again too!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 8, 2009 22:27

I've never seen him and he is playing at a small club in Buffalo. Sounds like a booked evening for me.

I have seen Donovan, The Chilites, Average White Band, and John Lee Hooker at this same venue in the past. A very intimate venue at that.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 8, 2009 22:34

pmk251

Boxing promoters will sometimes withhold the purse of a fighter who doesn't put forth enough effort. Maybe club owners should put a special clause in Taylor's contracts that say that if he doesn't show up on time, doesn't play for a certain amount of time, doesn't include a certain percentage of Stones material in his setlist, and doesn't refrain, in general, from behaving like a jerk, he doesn't get paid. I think he WOULD care about that.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 8, 2009 22:40

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-13 19:58 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 9, 2009 00:00

i'll see him in MD - i expect a boring show from a very fat man - but we'll see!

OLDKR

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 9, 2009 00:03

The Sicilian
I've never seen him and he is playing at a small club in Buffalo. Sounds like a booked evening for me.

I have seen Donovan, The Chilites, Average White Band, and John Lee Hooker at this same venue in the past. A very intimate venue at that.

I've seen Taylor at the Tralf years ago. I've seen many shows there. The late great Michael Hedges, Larry Carlton, Dickie Betts. To many to mention.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 9, 2009 00:04

Amused

I would better say a half month or 15 shows in 15 days! That's too much for anyone!
A lot of job to do for the good and generous tapers too!

Date: March 9, 2009 00:16

I saw him in Prince Edward Island in 2003, just after seeing the Stones play Toronto. Taylor was in a small club with 400 people in attendance. It was packed and I was right up front the whole time. His playing was beautifully fluid and melodic. He was tight with the local band who backed him and he easily shared the spot-light with the other guitarist who was part of the local band. It was nice to see no egos, just real guitarmanship. That doesn't happen too often.

Date: March 9, 2009 00:22

have any recordings of Mick in 2003 circulated?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 9, 2009 00:27

Amused
have any recordings of Mick in 2003 circulated?

I would be interested in knowing that.
I was at the 100 Club show in London in August.

Date: March 9, 2009 00:43

Amused
Amsterdamned: despite loving Santana & CYHMK coda, I find Stones' live versions more satisfying. Fooling around wasn't really negative, but with his abilities I want something new.

Thanks for your reply Amused,if you want something new,forget about the Stones,Santana or Taylor.But if I get the choice,I prefer the Coda.smiling smiley

Date: March 9, 2009 00:48

tatters
pmk251

Boxing promoters will sometimes withhold the purse of a fighter who doesn't put forth enough effort. Maybe club owners should put a special clause in Taylor's contracts that say that if he doesn't show up on time, doesn't play for a certain amount of time, doesn't include a certain percentage of Stones material in his setlist, and doesn't refrain, in general, from behaving like a jerk, he doesn't get paid. I think he WOULD care about that.

If you all don't get it:He retired 35 years ago and plays for fun and his love for music.
He's not interested in making money or stealing the show anymore.

Posted by: backstage ()
Date: March 9, 2009 01:04

...urbansteel, thanks for the youtuber post, much appreciated......

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 9, 2009 01:20

Well, I really hate negativity, but I could play that lead in " Time", and I SUCK as a guitar player, very basic. ( Let me clarify...I USED to play guitar before a drunk driver lopped off the tips of 2 fingers on my left hand, my chording hand. Too long a story but my flexibility is zero now and can't bend to form the chords). I was taking blues guitar lessons at the time. I saw MT about 8 years ago and he was much more fluid than in this clip. He couldn't TALK because he was stoned to the max but he sure could play. I want to see him again to see if I strike it lucky and he's sober AND FLUID!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 9, 2009 01:43

nothing in chicago! come on!!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 9, 2009 01:56

I've never seen him and will try to this go-around. No dates in deep Dixie. ohno, could ya put me up for a night?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 9, 2009 02:33

Thanks so much for the heads up! This is great news, I will be in Detroit this summer, so I will hit the WIndsor Blues Fest. Went to the website, but artists are listed yet. Windsor is a great city and this could be a blast!

Date: March 9, 2009 02:36

BB King holds some weight above his belt to, so I guess he also sucks?

Jag Offs!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 9, 2009 04:44

I got this from Rocks Off and just double checked Taylor's own site. These are the dates listed. I had my doubts as well. Something like 20 shows in a row seems like a stretch. But evidently he's done it like this before. Their seems to be the possibility of more shows as well. I'd certainly like to see him come out west.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 9, 2009 14:10

Hell ya!! I'll be in NYC for this one!!!!

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 9, 2009 14:30

He'll be playing 20 shows from march to may in Europe und Japan so why not 20 dates in north america.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home