Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Tina Turner turn off
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 1, 2009 15:12

There are some greedy people out there who think that the economical downhill does not matter at all. Today the tickets for Tina Turner's Helsinki arena went for sale. That greedy - censored expression - is taking 109 to 139 Euros for her rip off tour (that's about 50-70 Euros more than, say, Dylan, Neil Young, Fogerty in the same arena last yaer. Well, Celine Dion might cost even more). Disgusting. I'm quite sure that the show will be cancelled. The corporations, starting from Nokia, are not doing so well anymore here. I was planning to go see her with my old lady, but I can tell where she can stick her Vegas show now. I much rather donate the money of equal sum to the suffering economies of Third World.

Incredibly, there are still available tickets to reasonably priced Springsteen Tampere stadium show. Interesting to see how much Madonna will ask for her show in teh summer. They have reserved a place of 80 000 people for her.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 11:26 by Doxa.

Re: OT: Tina Turner turn off
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 1, 2009 15:16

Well, it's even more than Tina in Antwerp.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: February 1, 2009 16:16

Boycott this shit

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 1, 2009 18:49

if Madonna follows her uk pricing, it'll be £80-£170 gbp, about 90-190 euro

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 1, 2009 19:18

Tina's show is a big production (Fisher & Woodruffe) and with Petty and AC/DC was one of the tops of 2008. Not greed, but high overhead. Well worth the money IMHO.

Then again, Fogerty was just as good with a stripped down show.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: February 1, 2009 19:23

We're querying ticket prices on a Stones site!?! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 1, 2009 19:32

ROLLINGSTONE
We're querying ticket prices on a Stones site!?! eye rolling smiley

Not to join in and start a fight, but, I hear Ya, Big-Time, nobody beats our boys for $$$ and other and all currencies. And while were at it, why not some live vault releases? We're -- IORRs -- are willing to pay you for it. What's wrong with our money?

Date: February 1, 2009 20:45

Steven
Tina's show is a big production (Fisher & Woodruffe) and with Petty and AC/DC was one of the tops of 2008. Not greed, but high overhead. Well worth the money IMHO.

Then again, Fogerty was just as good with a stripped down show.

Of course it is up to one'e expectations, wealth & taste, but there never will be the day I would pay twice as much for Tina than I pay for a Dylan show, no matter if she brings the whole Nevada here with her. It is a question of rating the value of what I expect the artist to offer.

- Doxa

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:24

I saw two amazing shows in hamburg. it's worth every penny!
WOW - WHAT A GREAT SHOW - THANK YOU TINA !

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:26

Its probably her last tour and meant to be a cash cow. If you think it's too much then ignore it. Its no big deal.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:32

She's a dancer for money.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:50

My girlfriend went to her show in hamburg and was totally stunnend.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 1, 2009 21:53

Tina is one of the greats.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 1, 2009 22:11

I misread the title of this thread and thought it was about a Tina Turner impersonation competition. A "Tina Turner-Off", if you will.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-01 22:12 by ryanpow.

Date: February 1, 2009 22:23

ryanpow
I misread the title of this thread and thought it was about a Tina Turner impersonation competition. A "Tina Turner-Off", if you will.

Or possibly about an exit on a Motorway named after her.
'You take the Tina Turner turn off at Junction 25'...

sad smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 1, 2009 22:26

Doxa
That greedy bitch is taking 109 to 139 Euros for her rip off tour

smile: Please don't forget that the Rolling Stones charged up to 150 UK Pounds plus fees at the O2 shows in London 2007, i.e 170 Euros plus fees.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: February 1, 2009 22:52

Personally, I wouldn't go see Dylan for free, but that's just my taste.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 1, 2009 23:22

ROLLINGSTONE
ryanpow

Or possibly about an exit on a Motorway named after her.
'You take the Tina Turner turn off at Junction 25'...

sad smiley

I believe thats the exit you take to get to the LEGGS hosiery factory.

Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: February 1, 2009 23:27

Rolling Stones fans complaining about other artists' ticket prices? Excuse me, if there is an rip-off act it is the Stones!!! I certainly payed more for my Stones stadium ticket than I did for the Tina Turner arena one.

Date: February 2, 2009 00:05

The Stones
Doxa

smile: Please don't forget that the Rolling Stones charged up to 150 UK Pounds plus fees at the O2 shows in London 2007, i.e 170 Euros plus fees.

I think it is general knowledge in this board that the Stones are the worst greedy bastards out there. It is sad that the others have got the same disease as well. A bloody music show is not a worth of that money. I hope the people will come to their senses some day.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 00:07 by Doxa.

Date: February 2, 2009 00:28

What an idiotic (and sexist/derogatory) post.

really doxa... if people want to pay the money and enjoy themselves who are you to say anything?

and then you call tina turner a bitch? why don't you go @#$%& yourself @#$%&?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 2, 2009 01:14

Doxa
The Stones
Doxa

I think it is general knowledge in this board that the Stones are the worst greedy bastards out there. It is sad that the others have got the same disease as well. A bloody music show is not a worth of that money. I hope the people will come to their senses some day.

- Doxa

Doxa,are you ok ?

"the Stones are the worst greedy bastards ou there."
Neither I don´t know if this is really general knowledge in this board nor do I share this opinion.
Of course ticket prices went through the roof,but hey,wait and see what U2 is
gonna take ,for example.
If it´s too expensive for me I won´t see the show.
But there are always possibilities to get tickets way cheaper,so did I at the last
stones show 2007 I saw.
50 Euros,no (seated !!!) infield and because they had to move the stage because of
the high prices I watched the Stones "face to face",no big deal...

Am I glad my wife didn´t want to see Tina...grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 2, 2009 01:42

>>That greedy bitch<<

Such charming and endearing language.

Not.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2009 01:50

ablett
Its probably her last tour and meant to be a cash cow. If you think it's too much then ignore it. Its no big deal.....

Didnt she do a farewell tour a few years ago? Surely then, this is the 'comeback tour'....

Date: February 2, 2009 01:56

And if she's a bit greedy so what? Its well known that when she left Ike she had NOTHING after performing for over a decade and recording plenty of albums!

It was only about 1984 when she finally made some money so if anyone earned the right to charge whatever they feel like for tickets its Tina Turner!!!!!!!!!

Really to talk about Tina Turner- whom Mick Jagger learned a thing or two from by the way- in this disrespectful manner does not sit well with me.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 2, 2009 01:59

So she deserves to gouge people now to make up for lost time?

Date: February 2, 2009 02:01

Beast
>>That greedy bitch<<

Such charming and endearing language.

Not.

I'm no Tina fan by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think she deserves that kind of insult. It's possible she's not really aware of the ticket prices...there's a Michael Cohl type lurking around every corner.
The biggest of artists can be manipulated and end up making prostitutes of themselves...y'know?

Date: February 2, 2009 02:02

Edith Grove
So she deserves to gouge people now to make up for lost time?

Gouge??? I don't think she's gouging anybody..Her ticket prices are in line with ticket prices for performers of her stature!!!!!!!.. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean its not reasonable!

People who complain when the artist performs for people who are happy to be there and happy to pay that price -and when the artist draws well- are PATHETIC and referring to any woman as a bitch is unacceptable. I mean live and let live! If people want to pay it whats the problem?? No one complained at the DC Tina Turner show! Everyone seemed pleased...They even added a second show for pete's sake!!!!!!

I mean what universe is Doxa living in when he compares Tina Turner's ticket prices to Bob Dylan.. DYlan plays 150 shows EVERY SINGLE YEAR and HASNT SOLD AS MANY RECORDS AS TINA DID EVER (while Tina hasn't toured in about a decade!!!!!!!!!!!).. I may love Bob and prefer his music but Dylan and Tina are operating in completely different markets hence the ticket price difference.. and by the way I paid 125 to see Dylan in 2007 so he's not exactly giving away his tickets eh.. lets get real here and cut the stupidity. And comparing Tina to Neil Young? HELLO!!!!!!! Get a clue!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 02:14 by stoned in washington dc.

Date: February 2, 2009 04:15

I am with Doxa on this one. (and yeah I'll go @#$%& myself too)
What does that mean "a performer of her stature"? And that is a license to gouge tix prices? The only right or license anyone has is to be righteous. I see major acts who try to do right by their fans no matter how big they get.

Date: February 2, 2009 05:09

Palace Revolution 2000
I am with Doxa on this one. (and yeah I'll go @#$%& myself too)
What does that mean "a performer of her stature"? And that is a license to gouge tix prices? The only right or license anyone has is to be righteous. I see major acts who try to do right by their fans no matter how big they get.

Like who? Even Tom Petty was charging 150 for the best seats this summer!

You guys want to sit and bitch about ticket prices go ahead but they're all charging those kinds of prices...Stones, Who, Macca, Tina, Eagles

There are only two exceptions really: Bruce and ACDC.

To single out Tina is crazy and to call her a greedy bitch nonsenssical.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home