Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Blinded By Love
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2024 16:40

slew
Surprised to see a lot of hardcore fans like this one I find it to be one of their cringiest songs. I love Steel Wheels but BBL and Break the Spell are pure filler at least to my ears.

We're getting old and wistful. Can a Connie Francis album purchase be far behind?

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: February 20, 2024 08:22

Break The Spell, filler?
I respectfully disagree. A terrific, atmospheric blues and one of the highlights of SW for me.

I share the love for Sweethearts Together. Great Tex-Mex feel to it.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: February 20, 2024 08:22

Break The Spell, filler?
I respectfully disagree. A terrific, atmospheric blues and one of the highlights of SW for me.

I share the love for Sweethearts Together. Great Tex-Mex feel to it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 20, 2024 10:40

Leaving aside some of the lyrics, which are the aspect that turns some folks off...

...these song are often great examples of how they can turn their hands to convincing deliveries in many genres of music, one of their greatest Pidgeon
hole defying strengths.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2024 02:52

Spud
Leaving aside some of the lyrics, which are the aspect that turns some folks off...

...these song are often great examples of how they can turn their hands to convincing deliveries in many genres of music, one of their greatest Pidgeon
hole defying strengths.

a
Exactly. I mean, I used to burn CD's of "Stones Country" only music, or "Dance', or "Funk", or "Blues", or "Psychedelic". It's one reason why we never tire of listening to them. It's not all the same sounding, throughout their career, and even throughout an album. Look at HD...amazing stuff. Not only in the variety, but in the quality of the individual songs.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 21, 2024 07:51

bakersfield
Break The Spell, filler?

I agree.

And I'll repeat my suggestion for anyone compiling a Stones mix: Do a segue from the Let It Bleed version of "Midnight Rambler" to "Break The Spell." A marvelous continuation of the mood of the first, even though the two songs were created 20 years apart.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 21, 2024 09:16

The Stones have made a number of sappy, kitchy songs. Why one likes some of them and doesn't like others is hard to explain.
I very much like Indian Girl and Sister Morphine and kind of like Fool To Cry and Sweethearts Together.
I dislike Blinded by Love or Blinded by Rainbows or Out Of Tears.
And I neither like nor dislike Streets of Love, although I can understand some people loathe it.
Why it's like this? I don't know.

Posted by: Jalfstra ()
Date: February 21, 2024 10:14

Always loved this song. It has a kind of baroque ring to it. The same way tracks like Lady Jane or As Tears go By have. No R&R at all.

Date: February 21, 2024 10:50

loog droog
bakersfield
Break The Spell, filler?

I agree.

And I'll repeat my suggestion for anyone compiling a Stones mix: Do a segue from the Let It Bleed version of "Midnight Rambler" to "Break The Spell." A marvelous continuation of the mood of the first, even though the two songs were created 20 years apart.

That's a good catch. Agree totally thumbs up

Date: February 21, 2024 11:43

matxil
The Stones have made a number of sappy, kitchy songs. Why one likes some of them and doesn't like others is hard to explain.
I very much like Indian Girl and Sister Morphine and kind of like Fool To Cry and Sweethearts Together.
I dislike Blinded by Love or Blinded by Rainbows or Out Of Tears.
And I neither like nor dislike Streets of Love, although I can understand some people loathe it.
Why it's like this? I don't know.

I see your point, but I don't understand 'Sister Morphine's' place in this.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home