Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: "Eagles" tour Germany - Worth to go ?
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 10, 2008 21:28

"Eagles" will tour Germany 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------
(Ticket sales) > Exklusiver Vorverkauf ab Donnerstag, 11.12.08, 14 Uhr (getgo / eventim)

Termine:
So., 07.06.09 Berlin O2 World
Mo, 15.06.09 München Olympiahalle
Mi., 17.06.09 Köln Lanxess Arena
Do., 16.07.09 Hamburg Color Line Arena
---------------------------------------------------------

Never seen the band live.
Worth to go ?
Please let me know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 18:48 by satisfaction2.

Re: OT: "The Eagles" tour Germany - Worth to go ?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2008 21:45

Its a good show.
It can never be a great show without Don Felder. He was the soul. Glenn is the heart and Don is the bitch.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 10, 2008 21:54

Worth to go? Hardly...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 10, 2008 21:57

I like the Eagles but in concert, they don't move around at all. I'd just as soon watch one of their recent concert DVD's.
How much are concert tickets? I think the Eagles were the first band to have tickets over $100 for their reunion tour back in the mid 90's.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 10, 2008 21:58

june 18th sportpaleis. Good question.... worth going?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 10, 2008 22:03

My opinion - NO. But then I'm with Jeff Lebowski.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: December 10, 2008 22:30

I have seen them twice in the last 15 years and I was always impressed by the crystal clear "live"-sound. Never seen and heard anything similar. You could hear every single note of an acoustic guitar through the wall of sound produced by all the other instruments. They used to have a few extra musicians as well who really produced a very clear, rich sound. The "show" isn't worth to be called a show because - as DGA35 noted - they don't move around at all. So this part of the story is boring. But then it's not a rock'n roll band so you shouldn't expect a Stones-like stage performance. If you like easy-going, well played mainstream music with a crystal-clear sound, go! I promise you won't hear a single wrong note. If you prefer a spectacular rock show - save your money - for the next Stones tour.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 10, 2008 22:35

Pay to see Don Henley not smile?...pay to see Don Henley get pissed off at Joe Walsh when it appears he is having a good time?...Pay to see Don Henley act like a total **** when the band plays any note that is not on the record?

Ya know...maybe you should go...because after experiencing the Eagles live, you will have an unbelievable appreciation for The Stones...especially Mick Jagger and all the bum notes he deals with from Keith & Ron.

Also...you can thank Don Henley & Company for blowing ticket prices through the roof...in 1994 the Stones top ticket price for Voodoo Lounge Tour was $45...Henley & Frey came along and charged $94...and prices have been a runaway train ever since.

PECMAN

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-10 22:38 by Pecman.

Date: December 10, 2008 23:11

That's strange - I paid $50 for my ticket at Spartan Stadium and $25 for the Superdome for the Voodoo tour.

Date: December 10, 2008 23:23

Ok...I may have been off by $5 bucks but the point is the Eagles charged almost twice what the Stones charged in 1994.

PECMAN

Date: December 10, 2008 23:27

Oh well alright then. I wonder what made The Eagles charge 94 and not 95 or 90.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 10, 2008 23:28

In defense of Eagles, they play approx 3 hours. Boring stage presence, but you will hear what you expect to hear + some solo material. It's like seeing 2 concerts.

Yes, I think they ruined concert ticket pricing, but they are selling tons of tickets.

Decide for yourself.

Date: December 10, 2008 23:34

I think it has something to do with the year "1994"...it's 1994 let's charge $94 bucks!

PECMAN

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: December 11, 2008 00:02

Munichhilton
Its a good show.
It can never be a great show without Don Felder. He was the soul. Glenn is the heart and Don is the bitch.

. . . and Joe Walsh is the Rock 'n' Roll

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: December 11, 2008 00:08

Go if you can afford it. I don't think they're much different live than on record.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 11, 2008 00:48

If you love (or even like) The Eagles then yes it is "worth to go". It is however, one of the most expensive tickets in Rock but everyone should see The Eagles at least once. I love the Eagles and saw them twice : the Desperado Tour and the Hell Freezes Over tour. Both were amazing.

They sound Amazing in concert. Better than The Stones or Springsteen. You won't hear one bad note all night. It's also like 3 or 4 concerts in one : The Eagles, Glen Frey, Don Henley AND Joe Walsh!

I'm curious, how much are tickets in Euros or Dollars for the German shows?

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: December 11, 2008 00:52

In Switzerland they charge for the Golden Circle CHF 350,-, ridiculous...

sjouke

Date: December 11, 2008 01:02

That's the point...why go to a live show when you know every note is going to be perfect...like Keith said...if every show was perfect...it would take the adventure out of it...save your money...stay home and watch the DVD...but if Joe Walsh comes to town solo...go to that.

PECMAN

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:09

"note perfect" doesn't mean the songs sound the same as they were recorded. i go to shows all the time that have nary a bum note played; good musicianship is hardly a good reason to stay home.

Date: December 11, 2008 01:14

I prefer the Stones when you know you're gonna get a few bumps in the road...it makes it more interesting.

PECMAN

Date: December 11, 2008 01:17

Pecman
I prefer the Stones when you know you're gonna get a few bumps in the road...it makes it more interesting.

to each his own.....

one music fan to the other: "wanna go to the show tonight?"
the other: "no...the band sucks 'cos the musicians are too good."

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:18

trainarollin
In defense of Eagles, they play approx 3 hours. Boring stage presence, but you will hear what you expect to hear + some solo material. It's like seeing 2 concerts.

Yes, I think they ruined concert ticket pricing, but they are selling tons of tickets.

Decide for yourself.

Ouuh,3 hours show incl. boring stage presence incl. perfectly "replays" of their studio work incl. fantasy prices is only for the hardcores...

Date: December 11, 2008 01:35

T&A,

Did you ever catch the Eagles live?...the tension between them is so thick and intense for them to get every note right...it really makes it become so self absorbed with no true connection with the crowd...I'll take Ronnie Wood anyday missing a few notes here and there smiling and waving and trying to connect to the crowd than watching Glenn Frey starring at the guitar neck making sure every note is right...it's called being live and spontaneous...not scripted if you can understand what I mean...

All good...let me know when RUSH is in town (LOL)...at least they put up a video screen because they know perfection is boring.

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 01:35 by Pecman.

Date: December 11, 2008 01:49

Pecman
T&A,

Did you ever catch the Eagles live?...the tension between them is so thick and intense for them to get every note right...it really makes it become so self absorbed with no true connection with the crowd...I'll take Ronnie Wood anyday missing a few notes here and there smiling and waving and trying to connect to the crowd than watching Glenn Frey starring at the guitar neck making sure every note is right...it's called being live and spontaneous...not scripted if you can understand what I mean...

All good...let me know when RUSH is in town (LOL)...at least they put up a video screen because they know perfection is boring.

PECMAN

not a huge eagles fan - liked some of the earliest albums, but wouldn't pay a dime to see them (have heard some of the shows from the first reunion tour and was impressed, though). my points aren't really about them. i find it interesting that so many stones fans allude to the mistakes as part of the "charm" of the band. i understand the whole point about not wanting "album versions" of songs played live (and you can certainly make the argument that since '89 that's exactly what the stones seem to be striving for, btw)....when the "engine room" (keith & woody, for my money) was functioning well (last time was 81/82) then the mistakes were definitely part of the charm of the band, no doubt. these days it seems to be a minor miracle when they can escape the most basic fare without a handful of obvious foul-ups.

no, i'll pay my $30-40 to see a top-flight act that is more serious about the music than it is about the "show." but, that's just me....

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:52

remember that scene in The Big Lebowski when the Dude was being chased by armed gunman and someone had put an Eagles cassette in his car? winking smiley

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 11, 2008 02:20

How many farewell tours are they up to now?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 11, 2008 02:44

You should definitely go if:

1. You have money to burn (Their ticket prices are outrageous - spend the same amount of money seeing 10 young or obscure blues bands in clubs...or some up and coming bands - you'll enjoy it more)

2. You are having trouble sleeping (They are boring...no passion since sometime around 1975)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 11, 2008 03:31

If you've never seen them , go by all means. Excellent musicianship and GREAT harmonies.

As noted, don't look for spontaneous jams or much movement.

But, if like many, you like the Eagles, it's a pleasant musical experience.

Don't expect the Stones or Bruce or U2 live though.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 11, 2008 03:56

Barn Owl
How many farewell tours are they up to now?

No, no Barn Owl... let me correct that. This is their first "Farwell Tour". Before this one they were on the "See Ya Later Dude" Tour for a pretty long time then they did their year long "We Need To Get Going Because We Need To Wake Up Early Tomorrow To Feed The New Baby Twins" Tour and then before that one they rocked around the entire effing planet for 2 years on their "This Is It Man Cause We Are Now Even Boring Ourselves Silly" Tour which followed their "Listen Up Cause This Sh*t IS Getting Really Old" World Tour which they began a few weeks after they finished their "Hell Freezes Over" Tour about 20 years ago. All that touring and they have introduced 3 new songs and 2 crazy arrangements of past hits - man oh man, these guys mush be working on magical powers from some dark world or something - even Red Bull Power Drinks can't make all that magical musical sh*t happen on your own !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 04:01 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: December 11, 2008 03:57

Saw them open for The Stones when both bands sported a "guest" guitarist. Hey, and both have/had drinking problems! Weirder than this tour-what is going on with Europeans gobbling up Britney Spears tickets?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home