Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: "The Eagles" tour Germany - Worth to go ?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: December 11, 2008 04:08

roryg
Weirder than this tour-what is going on with Europeans gobbling up Britney Spears tickets?

Yeah, well that is just a neurotic negative irrational reaction to this world wide financial crisis thing going on... kind of like Americans stocking up on hundreds and hundreds of cans of Spam - same thing, different meat smiling smiley .......

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: December 11, 2008 06:04

I had never seen the Eagles until a few months ago in Chicago.... it was totally a last-minute decision. A friend wanted to go so another friend & I tagged along just for the experience. We ended up getting $210 seats for $140 from a ticket broker, since it was the day of the show. The show was good... not great, but good. I was glad we went.... Joe Walsh was the best part of the show. I wouldn't exactly call it boring by any means, but it's not even close to a Stones show (which I've seen at least 25-30 times). Is it worth it... if you like even some of their music and have never seen them before, I'd say go for it. If you can wait until the day of the show to pick up tix cheaper, even better!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 11, 2008 06:12

HelterSkelter
roryg
Weirder than this tour-what is going on with Europeans gobbling up Britney Spears tickets?

Yeah, well that is just a neurotic negative irrational reaction to this world wide financial crisis thing going on... kind of like Americans stocking up on hundreds and hundreds of cans of Spam - same thing, different meat smiling smiley .......

What Helter is really trying to say is that: You should go see The Eagles,because they will kick ass and put on a good show for you to see.....Right HSangry smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 11, 2008 06:19

Ok, I am not one that usually goes for corporate LA mellow rock. And was starved for good music in Singapore, so when they flew in I went. And it was a great show! Yeah, not a lot of "show" but just some great musicianship. And to be honest my favorite part of the show is when Joe Walsh did Funk #49, and Rocky Mountain Way!! That was fantastic.
Another high point is their great harmonies. They are spot on live.

Date: December 11, 2008 09:27

sweetcharmedlife
HelterSkelter
roryg

What Helter is really trying to say is that: You should go see The Eagles,because they will kick ass and put on a good show for you to see.....Right HSangry smiley

Yeah SCL... (long pause)........ If it was 1975 !!! I saw them after they finished up the LONG RUN album and they were fine, don't know how they managed to NOT MOVE AN INCH but besides that.... Nowadays? Buy the DVD's and Henley Solo CD's is my advice - go to Pat Pong in Bangkok to see a good "Live" smiling smiley show....... different "set list" every night....

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 11, 2008 14:27

Thanks for answers.

Got my tickets (Row 16, FOS BL 103, Cat. 1)
------------------------------------------------

Presale is on. They sell the tickets very fast !
------------------------------------------------

Because of prices:

** Tina Turner ticket prices Germany are much higher !
** AC/DC cheaper

Ticket prices Germany Köln: All SEATING (Köln Lanxess Arena capacity ca. 14000 by seating)

Cat.
1 Sitzplatz Normalpreis 117,05 EUR
2 Sitzplatz Normalpreis 107,85 EUR
3 Sitzplatz Normalpreis 97,50 EUR
4 Sitzplatz Normalpreis 76,80 EUR

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 22:00 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: December 11, 2008 14:38

I`ve sen them live in Germany the last two times. As already said, perfect sound but truly without soul. But it was an expierience to see them. For me it`s not worth the money to see them again doing the same show they did the last time. If you wanna see them, wait for all the scalpers standing in front of the arenas selling tix for half the price :-)

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 11, 2008 17:24

HelterSkelter

This is their first "Farwell Tour". Before this one they were on the "See Ya Later Dude" Tour for a pretty long time then they did their year long "We Need To Get Going Because We Need To Wake Up Early Tomorrow To Feed The New Baby Twins" Tour and then before that one they rocked around the entire effing planet for 2 years on their "This Is It Man Cause We Are Now Even Boring Ourselves Silly" Tour which followed their "Listen Up Cause This Sh*t IS Getting Really Old" World Tour which they began a few weeks after they finished their "Hell Freezes Over" Tour about 20 years ago. All that touring and they have introduced 3 new songs and 2 crazy arrangements of past hits - man oh man, these guys mush be working on magical powers from some dark world or something - even Red Bull Power Drinks can't make all that magical musical sh*t happen on your own !!!

In which case, I must have seen them on their "We Need To Get Going Because We Need To Wake Up Early Tomorrow To Feed The New Baby Twins" tour, and I have to confess that it was a strange, eerie experience, even for an owl.

...they couldn't have lacked any more warmth had they sent along a hologram of themselves.

Date: December 11, 2008 17:53

Oh yeah Barn Owl, that was an especially good tour, Henley switched from a black to a brown leather coat and HOTEL CALIFORNIA went from opening number to second encore .... all those heavy changes really threw me off, had kind of a "panic attack" or something wacky thrown into my nervous system with the room spinning and stuff - nervous breakdown maybe??..... eventually did recover though, nuthin'stops Helter from Rockin' and a Rollin'!! smiling smiley

Re: OT: "Eagles" tour Germany - Worth to go ?
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 11, 2008 22:35

I saw them live once with Don Felder. Really a great show. Mostly as noted in the posts above.
I just finished reading Felder's book, "Heaven and Hell."
Personally, now I'll never send Henley or Frey another dollar of my hard earned money.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 11, 2008 23:53

Kurt,

I just bought that book...how is it?

PECMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 23:53 by Pecman.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 12, 2008 01:09

When you've never seen them, than I would go if I would be you.

I saw them in 1996 as a 5-piece band. They were really fantastic.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 12, 2008 17:40

Pecman
Kurt,

I just bought that book...how is it?

PECMAN

The book is OK.
From what I understand, most of the true dirt on the early songwriting, ie Hotel California, and the results of the latest lawsuits were blocked by the threat of more lawsuits from the Henley/Frey camp.

It is another story of a guy that should have been at the top of the world, but success is not always what it's cracked up to be.

One cool tidbit I learned is that Felder was Tom Petty's guitar teacher!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 12, 2008 18:22

LOVE PETTY!...that makes sense.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 12, 2008 18:25

Going to see The Eagles is like buying shark fin soup in some Asian restaurant - it just encourages them to continue to do a bad thing.

Date: December 12, 2008 18:36

skipstone
Going to see The Eagles is like buying shark fin soup in some Asian restaurant - it just encourages them to continue to do a bad thing.

Perfect - LMAO smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 19, 2008 13:38

This is great how whenever I have a question about music, I get the answer here...I just spotted that the Eagles tickets went on sale here today and since I don't know them much, I had a question - Worth to go? And all the answers I needed were here already....I'll save my money...thank you mates...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home