Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: REQUEST: NME Poll Winners Concert 1968 on AUDIO!!!
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: August 4, 2008 14:41

Ok, sory for the blunder, I corrected Palladium with NME68.

The first part of the video in the backstage of Palladium there are Brian and Keith standing while Mick is sitted on a sofa. They're all interviewed; Keith has a white shirt and sunglasses.
After this part there's a video of the Buttons 1966 sessions at the Olympic and Ruby tuesday as soundtrack.
Then the video continues with Brian at a piano and is playing Ruby Tueday riff. The other stones are on armchairs while Keith is lying on a bed or a sofa playing the guitar. This part is filmed in Brian's house.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-04 14:43 by straycat58.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 4, 2008 16:57

straycat58
Ok, sory for the blunder, I corrected Palladium with NME68.

The first part of the video in the backstage of Palladium there are Brian and Keith standing while Mick is sitted on a sofa. They're all interviewed; Keith has a white shirt and sunglasses.
After this part there's a video of the Buttons 1966 sessions at the Olympic and Ruby tuesday as soundtrack.
Then the video continues with Brian at a piano and is playing Ruby Tueday riff. The other stones are on armchairs while Keith is lying on a bed or a sofa playing the guitar. This part is filmed in Brian's house.

Thanks for the clarification!!! : )

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 4, 2008 19:45

Sorry Sleepy City I was just teasing, but I hope you get what you're looking for through a trade or something. thumbs up

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 5, 2008 00:46

I'm afraid everyones right-this looks harder to find than hensteeth!

Posted by: THERIFF ()
Date: August 5, 2008 08:48

HI HERE IN THE UK, THE NME POLL WINNERS SHOWS, WERE USUALLY SHOWN AT HOLIDAY TIMES, IE. EASTER OR CHRISTMAS, THE 1968 NME SHOW WAS DEFINATLY SHOW AT CHRISTMAS 68 BETWEEN CHRISTMAS DAY & NEW YEARS DAY, I REMEMBER WATCHING IT, IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I'D HEARD THE NEW STONES, MUCH RAWER IN SOUND THAN BEFORE, GUITARS ON OVERDRIVE, I REMEMBER BEEN AMAZED AT HOW MUCH THEY HAD CHANGED, ANYWAY, THE SHOWS WERE PRE- RECORDED, NOT LIVE, SO MAYBE, THE VIDEO IS STILL OUT THERE ?, I'VE BEEN COLLECTING NOW FOR OVER 40 YEARS, AND I'VE NEVER SEEN THE VIDEO OR AUDIO ON ANY LISTS, BUT BACK IN THE DAY, COLLECTORS DID,NT LIST EVERYTHING THAY HAD, THINGS WERE KEPT BACK, JUST IN CASE SOMEBODY CAME UP WITH SOMETHING EXTRA SPECIAL, THEN THEY WOULD REVIEL THIER SECRET STASH, TO TEMPT YOU TO TRADE WITH THEM. BUT NOT PASS IT ON TO OTHERS,I'VE LET RECORDINGS OUT OVER THE YEARS [ NOT JUST STONES, MOSTLY OTHER ARTISTS ], ONLY TO FIND THEM ON VINYL & CD AT RECORD FAIRS & OTHER OUTLETS ETC, SO NOW I'M A BIT MORE CAREFUL. CHEERS THE RIFF

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 5, 2008 11:29

......"MUCH RAWER IN SOUND THAN BEFORE, GUITARS ON OVERDRIVE"......
it's seen on brian's face that he use overdrive

Date: August 5, 2008 14:03

The guitars were on overdrive for the 67 tour before, same amps as the 68 NME slot too.

Date: August 5, 2008 14:40

His Majesty
The guitars were on overdrive for the 67 tour before, same amps as the 68 NME slot too.

Though the 1967 European tour wasn't shown on UK TV...

Date: August 5, 2008 15:06

Sleepy City

Did any of the autumn 66 UK tour make it on to British tv? It's frustrating how little there is of that tour available to peruse and listen to!

Date: August 5, 2008 15:21

His Majesty

I agree, listen to the paris show 67, very wild concert, very heavy guitars

Date: August 5, 2008 15:40

Is Brian in open tuning on that pic?

Date: August 5, 2008 17:20

His Majesty
Sleepy City

Did any of the autumn 66 UK tour make it on to British tv? It's frustrating how little there is of that tour available to peruse and listen to!

I don't think so, but back in those days concert footage by anyone was a bit of a rarity apart from special shows like the NME Poll Winners Concerts (& of course the 1966 show wasn't filmed / broadcast). Even The T.A.M.I. Show is really a TV Special rather than a proper full-length concert.

I wonder if the un-dubbed & un-edited tapes from the autumn '66 tour (actually from Newcastle & Bristol rather than the Albert Hall as claimed on the official LP) still exist in the archives?

Date: August 5, 2008 22:15

scottkeef
Is Brian in open tuning on that pic?

There is a thread about whether or not Brian and Keith played JJF using open E that day.

That pic and a few others seem to suggest they were tuned to open E, but it's just too hard to say from just a picture, if they were it would mean they played Satisfaction using the same tuning(it's that unusual for them to re-arrange stuff), or changed guitars, but so far all the photos show them with the same guitars. confused smiley

We need audio! grinning smiley

Date: August 6, 2008 00:29

Sure is hard to tell,Majesty but it does kinda look like and open bar,huh? I also noticed either Brian had a LONG little finger or perhaps a slide on it? But the pics are so fuzzy! Would it be fairly easy to play Satisfaction in open E? You're right, a clear audio would possibly give us the answers. By the way, Brian is looking at the guitar like he's gonna kill it!

Date: August 6, 2008 01:10

scottkeef
Sure is hard to tell,Majesty but it does kinda look like and open bar,huh? I also noticed either Brian had a LONG little finger or perhaps a slide on it? But the pics are so fuzzy! Would it be fairly easy to play Satisfaction in open E? You're right, a clear audio would possibly give us the answers. By the way, Brian is looking at the guitar like he's gonna kill it!

Anyone got any pics of Keith at this show? As he used standard tuning at R&R Circus I'm guessing he would've at this concert too.

Date: August 6, 2008 01:45

There's another pic from the above series(larger pics), but I can't find it in my archive!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-06 01:52 by His Majesty.

Date: August 7, 2008 11:21

nice pics, now just the video and i'm happyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: September 5, 2008 23:29

I'm afraid the footage is lost, BUT the Spencer Davies Group have released a CD called the Spencer Davies Group Sessions and Shows 1966-1968 which contains their performance at the NME Pollwinners 1968 show. So if the audio of the Spencer Davies Group is there than there is still some hope that the audio of the Stones appearence is also still somewhere out there (maybe the Spencer Davies Group have the audio of the whole show, and thus also the Stones performance in their archive)

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: September 5, 2008 23:33

There is some interresting live footage of the 1967 tour on youtube just google up Stones '67 in Warschau Youtube.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 6, 2008 00:19

Question...Why are you even on this site if your worried about bootlegs,,,The Entire Site Is Bootlegs!!!

CHARLIE

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home