Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 3, 2007 18:27

Here's some tweaking I did to the the alternate version of "Jumping Jack Flash" from "Reflections On A Stone Alone."

I did these pretty quickly, so just curious if folks think it's an improvement, and which version they prefer.

The file contains MP3s of the original file, and two redos.

[rapidshare.com]

Tell me what you think.

J

P.S. -- in order to get this to work properly there's some low end taken down, but this can be adjusted with your tone preferences. Again, it was a pretty quick and dirty job. I may try and do another pass on it, but beefing that low and mid stuff any higher generally caused distortion.

Re: POST: Jumping Jack Flash (alternate version) Reworked
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 3, 2007 19:12

jmarko, both remasters are an obvious improvement. You seem to have "shook the dirt off" very well.Its kinda tuff for me,though. While I like the clarity of the second remaster better, the first remaster seems to have a better overall balance. I listened on headphones so maybe if I put it through the speakers and cranked it up I might get a better idea! I'm saving them both,though!!! thanks p.s did you ever find the "collectors" website? I posted a reply on how I do it but I know it can be difficult sometimes cheers!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: November 3, 2007 19:53

Thanks for the feedback. By 'first" and "second" which do you mean? Just curious - please use the suffixes I added (the letters/numbers) so I know which versions you are referring to.

I usually do the early remastering through headphones, gives a better idea than the external computer speakers, then I burn test tracks and try them out on a big system. Bootlegs are tough to get to be able to really crank without the limitations from the opriginal source coming out, no matter what you do to them. It's a give and take. And I'm using pretty primitive stuff to mess with them too. Though I'm happy with many of the results.

I haven't checked out the way to that website again yet. But I did see your post.

Thanks again,

J

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 3, 2007 20:18

sorry for any confusion. I was referring to NRMV1 as second and RMV1 as first. I first heard this version on a no label vinyl boot in 1974 called "Beautiful Delilah". the fidelity was awful on it. I was ordering boot lps from N. Carolina and the first 4 I bougtht were All Meat Music, Stoneaged 69,Bright lights Big city(on TMOQ) and Stars in the Sky(on CBM) so obviously I was let down! The rest of the songs were all BBC low quality so JJF was kinda outta place on it. I wondered at the time where the version came from. well,sorry to "ramble on"(ha).

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 3, 2007 22:50

awesome job

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home