Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Board member caught selling boots: johnnybmoto aka DryButNotHigh aka HonkeyTonkMan05 aka WonderofWembley aka benson544 aka ???
Posted by: triplelicks ()
Date: December 20, 2006 06:46

From Shidoobee:

He/she is now BANNED on Shidoobee -
[p081.ezboard.com]

How this all played out -
[p081.ezboard.com]

Re: Board member caught selling boots: johnnybmoto aka DryButNotHigh aka HonkeyTonkMan05 aka WonderofWembley aka benson544 aka ???
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 20, 2006 06:55

There's nothing wrong about selling boots, it's not even illegal if they are "used", but this guy sells recordings he got for free, from IORR, Sheedoobee or RocksOff.

Re: Board member caught selling boots: johnnybmoto aka DryButNotHigh aka HonkeyTonkMan05 aka WonderofWembley aka benson544 aka ???
Posted by: sometattoo ()
Date: December 20, 2006 08:16

Yep ,shocking!
very cheap indeed ! it kinda reminds me of Robert Lindmark(Sweden)
who done a dirty on a goodfriend of mine awhile back,

3 and a half years now , Lindmark } still has not sent out his part of the deal,

but we must keep it all quiet , how dare we say a bad word about Robert it's kinda rude name dropping right?

we should just let the kinds of Robert still do bad trades out there and rip off honest folks !

If you are Reading this Message Robert , hey no hard feelings , but i must say that i bought some cdr's the other day that were far more expensive than you!
funny thing is they were very cheap!

Suzie

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 20, 2006 19:33

Qui s'en fout?

Posted by: [CiN] ()
Date: December 20, 2006 20:01

Is he selling bootleg copies? =|

I can't see the links that you posted.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 20, 2006 21:28

Who gives a shit. Anybody here who ever bought a bootleg is also partially responsible because you just encourage shit like this.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: December 21, 2006 01:35

Dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who gives a shit. Anybody here who ever bought a
> bootleg is also partially responsible because you
> just encourage shit like this.

Well- this guy is obviously an @#$%& (I don't mean you Dan). BUT- I can't agree with your comment. Selling copies of things you've been given is really taking the piss, but- some people like to buy & collect real, factory-pressed boots. If it wasn't for those people, these boot recordings wouldn't be uploaded onto the internet for free downloading would they?

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: December 21, 2006 04:53

well, read the posts on ezboard. that really ís shocking!
sorry, dan, but i don't encourage this shit (btw: never bought a bootleg):

lying....cheating......caught......apologise.......take another id.....and do the same thing over again....caught.....and once more take us for fools.....and once more the same procedure.....BEWARE!

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: December 21, 2006 06:12

j.b.goode Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well, read the posts on ezboard. that really ís
> shocking!
> sorry, dan, but i don't encourage this shit (btw:
> never bought a bootleg):
>
> lying....cheating......caught......apologise......
> .take another id.....and do the same thing over
> again....caught.....and once more take us for
> fools.....and once more the same
> procedure.....BEWARE!

classic sociopathic behavior (charm, hurt, lie, deny, pity, repeat)
Martha Stout and Robert Hare have written books on sociopaths.
They're terrifying, no guilt, no conscience, just sailing through life doing whatever they want, charming all around them.
Evening of the Day over at Shidoobee has a thorough description of the events.
Just bootlegs, could be worse, probably has been, probably will be.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 21, 2006 06:16

"lying....cheating......caught......apologise.......take another id.....and do the same thing over again....caught.....and once more take us for fools.....and once more the same procedure.....BEWARE!"

Well, I can't get all indignant over it, as someone who has personally recorded plenty of Stones shows, there is a lot of lying and deceit involved in making it possible. Well, except I never apologized when I got caught.

"Well- this guy is obviously an @#$%& (I don't mean you Dan). BUT- I can't agree with your comment. Selling copies of things you've been given is really taking the piss, but- some people like to buy & collect real, factory-pressed boots. If it wasn't for those people, these boot recordings wouldn't be uploaded onto the internet for free downloading would they?"

It depends, plenty of things have surfaced without first being pressed into bootleg CDs. And believe me, this guy is absolutely nothing compared to giving your own personal recording away for free and having it pressed into silvers and sold for exhorbitant prices or put on Ebay. But what can I do, if I want any exclusive right or say in how it's distributed, I just don't let it out!

Posted by: Gibson ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:14

I've bought many boots over the years.
Back in Vinyl days, you almost had to, as cassette copies often sounded horrible.
And every boot ever sold started somewhere for free.
Plus the cost of producing copies/art (haha) etc. ,,,not to mention people need money for drugs.

But this guy is a liar. And that hurts the whole community. You guys are awesome,
and hanging out here for awhile more than makes up for the old days.

The truth is out, so don't deny...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 21, 2006 07:18

Some people think it's such a crime to buy bootlegs,
and some think it's such a crime to degrade recordings to MP3,
what's the big deal...it's all about listening to music anyway. And there's 1000s of other things that are worse to support than the bootleg-makers,
things that pollute the world....are produced by stinky factories for example, or are made by people making 10 dollar a week in the east (while the US/European company gets all the big money), or drugs, cigarettes or whatever.
I've got lotsa bought bootlegs, and also copies.
I'm not speaking about johnnybmoto here, but bootlegs in general...
what johnnybmoto did/is doing really stinks

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-22 23:07 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: December 22, 2006 22:57

Its not about selling boots, its about making a profit off what was given to your for free. The Johnny kid lied, then turned a buck. He's not selling silver pressings with nice artwork, he's selling cdrs/dvdrs which were given to him out of charity. BTW, Dan I can relate to your feelings. EIM gave him a copy of Louisville 06 and he turned around and offered it for sale. Then again I haven't even checked to see if its been released by any labels but I have no doubt there doing it.

-Drake

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home