Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

REQUEST: Live stuff from the greatest "summer" band
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 25, 2006 19:01

Hello all,
In the USA, we have Memorial Day,a holiday which pays tribute to our fallen veterans. It is also the unoffical start of summer.

Sooo, I'm thnking it would be nice to have some live material from what I consider to be the ultimate summer band:

Sly and The Family Stone! All I have is the stuff from Woodstock. Can someone post any shows they may have?

Thanks

Re: REQUEST: Live stuff from the greatest "summer" band
Posted by: cosmoprim ()
Date: May 25, 2006 23:22

Check your e-mail. Coouldn't post it, but I sent you some live 1970 Sly.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: May 25, 2006 23:47

Don't have anything, but heard "Family Affair" on the radio recently. Finally that radio station played something good, I didn't know who it was - but then they said it was Sly And The Family Stone!

Date: May 26, 2006 00:01

thanks Cosmo!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 27, 2006 16:53

Hey Cafaro, this is for you and all of the other funksters out there in Stones land.
It's one long file. May have more Sly later. Enjoy, and don't forget to barbecue this weekend, New Hampshire weather permitting.

[www.sendspace.com]

Date: May 27, 2006 18:18

thanks dmay. We had a new deck put on the house last weekend! Long live summer! Lots and lots of ribs. My wife is from the South, she's an expert at marinating and grilling.....cause's she hot!

get it? Gilling? Hot?

ok, back to the pain med.

Date: May 27, 2006 18:21

dmay,
email me. If you live in NH or ME or northen MA, maybe we can get together some weekend. The next few weekends are all little league and drag races but after June, I'll just be hanging around doing work on the house. I'd love a diversion of any kind!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 29, 2006 17:56

Cafaro...I can smell them ribs now, taste that home made slaw and know that cooler on your deck is filled with something cold to drink. Unfortuneately, I'm on the left coast, so I'll just have to put plans on hold. But, when I get back East and if I'm up your way, I'll definitely take you up on your offer...same offer for you if you head out West. Right now, the best I can do is offer you a little more Sly from 1969. Enjoy!

[www.sendspace.com]

Date: May 30, 2006 01:03

thanks dmay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home