Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
YouTube: 5 Roundhouse songs 1971 in stereo
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:02

Re: YouTube: 5 Roundhouse songs 1971 in stereo
Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 28, 2015 15:29

Am I right to assume that these are performances from the late show at the Roundhouse and not the early show where which was on a vinyl bootleg from an audience recording? Or are they the same performances as the vinyl bootleg?

Date: May 28, 2015 15:34

Checked it myself - these performances must be from the other Roundhouse show not the one from which there is an audience tape. I believe these performances are the late show.

Date: May 28, 2015 15:37

stewedandkeefed
Checked it myself - these performances must be from the other Roundhouse show not the one from which there is an audience tape. I believe these performances are the late show.

I have to check it myself yet. Love In Vain will be a good song to compare.

Date: May 28, 2015 15:50

kleermaker
stewedandkeefed

I have to check it myself yet. Love In Vain will be a good song to compare.

I checked Stray Cat Blues against the vinyl boot which is also on youtube in four parts and Mick's vocal is clearly different on the newly released Stray Cat Blues when compared to the vinyl boot - he does not sing the common "sh*t scared" line heard on Leeds and the other Roundhouse - I've never heard Coventry myself

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 28, 2015 16:15

thanks Kees.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:29

It could be that it's a 'mix' of both Roundhouse shows, because I thinks Love In Vain is from the first gig, known from the bootlegs.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:36

kleermaker
It could be that it's a 'mix' of both Roundhouse shows, because I thinks Love In Vain is from the first gig, known from the bootlegs.

I agree that Love In Vain is the same performance as the audience tape

Date: May 28, 2015 18:39

Live With Me is the same performance as the audience tape

Date: May 28, 2015 18:42

Midnight Rambler is the same as the audience tape.

Date: May 28, 2015 18:48

Honky Tonk Women is not the same performance as the audience tape

Date: May 28, 2015 18:54

So two songs, Stray Cat B. and Honky Tonk W., are new and from the second gig, and three (Live WM, Love IV and Rambler) are the same ones as are on the well known Roundhouse bootleg from the first gig.

Date: May 28, 2015 19:03

kleermaker
So two songs, Stray Cat B. and Honky Tonk W., are new and from the second gig, and three (Live WM, Love IV and Rambler) are the same ones as are on the well known Roundhouse bootleg from the first gig.

Yes that is how it seems to me. I just listened to both close enough to get some sort of unique Jagger vocal mannerism or outburst and then checked the other recording to see if the same mannerism or outburst was present on that recording. I wasn't hugely methodical or thorough but I doubt I am wrong.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 28, 2015 19:04

So Glyn Johns taped both London shows! Yeepee!!! hot smiley

And the old classic TMOQ vinyl is from the (very) late second show...

Date: May 28, 2015 19:31

dcba
So Glyn Johns taped both London shows! Yeepee!!! hot smiley

And the old classic TMOQ vinyl is from the (very) late second show...

I thought not but apparently you are probably right. The vinyl bootleg which is from an audience tape is supposedly from the late show though I said early show (earlier in this thread) and I clearly misremembered (to quote Dubya). So if that is accurate, then the new performances from the Sticky Fingers reissue are Stray Cat Blues and Honky Tonk Women and they are from the early show.

Posted by: fortilix ()
Date: May 28, 2015 20:17

These are the versions you get on the new Sticky super extra ultra boxset along with Leeds complete AND in stereo!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 22:11

Thank you very much, kleermaker! smileys with beer

Date: May 28, 2015 23:15

Cristiano Radtke

You're welcome!

Leeds in stereo is now also on YouTube. See this topic: 'YouTube: Leeds 1971 Complete and in Stereo'

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 28, 2015 23:17

kleermaker
Cristiano Radtke

You're welcome!

Leeds in stereo is now also on YouTube. See this topic: 'YouTube: Leeds 1971 Complete and in Stereo'

Thank you once more! I'm listening to it now and enjoying a lot. smileys with beer

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:54

Thank you, great to listen in stéréothumbs up

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 09:16

Thank you very much indeed Kleermaker

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: May 29, 2015 12:25

Another very good one. Merci smileys with beer

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: May 29, 2015 13:37

the vinyl bootleg that was mentioned, is that Around in a roundhouse on Mushroom Records?
Is there really a cd/lp of the first gig, only van find that the second gig is mentioned and no information about the first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 14:04 by eibert.

Date: May 29, 2015 15:54

eibert
the vinyl bootleg that was mentioned, is that Around in a roundhouse on Mushroom Records?
Is there really a cd/lp of the first gig, only van find that the second gig is mentioned and no information about the first one.

Yes the vinyl boot was called Around In A Roundhouse but there were two versions - one with Prodigal Son and one without. There may be some controversy over whether or not Prodigal Son was performed at the Roundhouse but I am not sure. The vinyl rip is on the The Great Lost Marquee Tapes bootleg

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:35

stewedandkeefed
eibert

Yes the vinyl boot was called Around In A Roundhouse but there were two versions - one with Prodigal Son and one without. There may be some controversy over whether or not Prodigal Son was performed at the Roundhouse but I am not sure. The vinyl rip is on the The Great Lost Marquee Tapes bootleg

I do have the vinyl Around in a roundhouse, but that should be the second show, at least that's what I can find in the Schwazbuche of Hoffman.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: May 29, 2015 16:39

I think the first release was on TMoQ, without "Prodigal Son".
This should also be the best source for this show.
The bootleg was then rereleased with "PS", but I think, that this wasn't as good sounding as the first edition!??

You can still download the vinyl rips here:

[www.iorr.org]

By the way, ALL boots are from the SECOND show!

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: May 29, 2015 17:23

Rank Stranger
The bootleg was then rereleased with "PS", but I think, that this wasn't as good sounding as the first edition!??

[www.iorr.org]

The 1st release is TMQ "London Roundhouse" [1812-A / 1812-B] without Prodigal Son.
TMQ re-released the album including Prodigal Son as "London Roundhouse New Edition" [RS-539-A/B], with slightly better sound and corrected speed.

For "Stewedandkeefed", "Around In A Roundhouse" on Mushroom Records is a re-pressing of the 1st "London Roundhouse" with a new cover

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:59

My word, this is outstanding stuff. I prefer all these versions to Leeds. Dare I say or think it. Or maybe because it's new to me. Anyhow, thank you very much for posting this and Leeds.smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:24

stewedandkeefed
eibert

I always thought Prodigal Son sounded as thought it were subbed in from a different show but I haven't listened in a while.

Date: May 30, 2015 21:08

LiveAtHidepark
Rank Stranger

[www.iorr.org]

The 1st release is TMQ "London Roundhouse" [1812-A / 1812-B] without Prodigal Son.
TMQ re-released the album including Prodigal Son as "London Roundhouse New Edition" [RS-539-A/B], with slightly better sound and corrected speed.

For "Stewedandkeefed", "Around In A Roundhouse" on Mushroom Records is a re-pressing of the 1st "London Roundhouse" with a new cover

Yep, all boots are from the second show indeed.

After having listened carefully myself my conclusion is this:

Two songs (Live With Me and Stray Cat Blues) are 'new' and from the first gig; three songs (Love In Vain, Midnight Rambler and Honky Tonk Women) are the same ones as are on the well known Roundhouse bootlegs from the second gig.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1737
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home