Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: YouTube: 5 Roundhouse songs 1971 in stereo
Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:00

kleermaker
LiveAtHidepark
Rank Stranger
I think the first release was on TMoQ, without "Prodigal Son".
This should also be the best source for this show.
The bootleg was then rereleased with "PS", but I think, that this wasn't as good sounding as the first edition!??

You can still download the vinyl rips here:

[www.iorr.org]

By the way, ALL boots are from the SECOND show!

The 1st release is TMQ "London Roundhouse" [1812-A / 1812-B] without Prodigal Son.
TMQ re-released the album including Prodigal Son as "London Roundhouse New Edition" [RS-539-A/B], with slightly better sound and corrected speed.

For "Stewedandkeefed", "Around In A Roundhouse" on Mushroom Records is a re-pressing of the 1st "London Roundhouse" with a new cover

Yep, all boots are from the second show indeed.

After having listened carefully myself my conclusion is this:

Two songs (Live With Me and Stray Cat Blues) are 'new' and from the first gig; three songs (Love In Vain, Midnight Rambler and Honky Tonk Women) are the same ones as are on the well known Roundhouse bootlegs from the second gig.

After closer examination I am inclined to agree HTW is the same version as the vinyl boot though I originally thought otherwise. The new tape is so much clearer in the vocal department and when Mick shouts "Honky Tonk Women" as they go to the first chorus, I assumed it was a different version because that is not very audible on the audience tape.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1474
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home