Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: YouTube: 5 Roundhouse songs 1971 in stereo
Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: May 30, 2015 22:00

kleermaker
LiveAtHidepark
Rank Stranger
I think the first release was on TMoQ, without "Prodigal Son".
This should also be the best source for this show.
The bootleg was then rereleased with "PS", but I think, that this wasn't as good sounding as the first edition!??

You can still download the vinyl rips here:

[www.iorr.org]

By the way, ALL boots are from the SECOND show!

The 1st release is TMQ "London Roundhouse" [1812-A / 1812-B] without Prodigal Son.
TMQ re-released the album including Prodigal Son as "London Roundhouse New Edition" [RS-539-A/B], with slightly better sound and corrected speed.

For "Stewedandkeefed", "Around In A Roundhouse" on Mushroom Records is a re-pressing of the 1st "London Roundhouse" with a new cover

Yep, all boots are from the second show indeed.

After having listened carefully myself my conclusion is this:

Two songs (Live With Me and Stray Cat Blues) are 'new' and from the first gig; three songs (Love In Vain, Midnight Rambler and Honky Tonk Women) are the same ones as are on the well known Roundhouse bootlegs from the second gig.

After closer examination I am inclined to agree HTW is the same version as the vinyl boot though I originally thought otherwise. The new tape is so much clearer in the vocal department and when Mick shouts "Honky Tonk Women" as they go to the first chorus, I assumed it was a different version because that is not very audible on the audience tape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home