Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help For Flac & Cue Sheet
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 27, 2011 06:57

Anyone can help or give advice on Flac and Cue sheet.

First i want to mention that i love and know Flac is lossless and try to download music in flac if possible. The thing is for burning it to cd its ok. However if there is music you like and want to have for use on computer i would love it reduced and in to mp3 format for saving space. Then at times we also get to download a big flac file with cue sheet that contains all songs merged.

SO my 2 questions are:

1. What free program can i use to convert Flac to mp3 without havning to burn it to cd first and then ripping it?

2. My second question if i have a big Flac file and Cue sheet that has many songs in it merged how do i split the songs using a Cue file? Any free software and easy to use?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help For Flac & Cue Sheet
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 27, 2011 07:35

1 - I use dBpowerAmp, but it's not free. Do a google for freeware audio convertors, there's heaps of them

2 - Medieval Cue Split, freeware
[www.medieval.it]

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: January 27, 2011 07:42

Use Foobar and open the cue sheet in it. Then convert the files to mp3. You'll get seperated mp3 files.
It's all free and easy to use.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Date: January 27, 2011 08:03

Thanks guys for replying.

@ vox12string,
About Medieval Cue Splitter i read about a "Known bug: MPC engine can cause a bit of jitter at the beginning/end of tracks." Is this so?

Also if i go to google and search for converters i know there is many but afraid to download one with spyware.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 27, 2011 08:21

a good advice don't encode to mp 3,

i spen't a lot of time to replace my old mp 3,s

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: January 27, 2011 16:36

kowalski
Use Foobar and open the cue sheet in it. Then convert the files to mp3. You'll get seperated mp3 files.
It's all free and easy to use.

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Converting with foobar 2000 (v1.1.2) - www.foobar2000.org
If you don't have on your PC you have to install "LAME MP3 Encoder" (free source - [lame.sourceforge.net]). Before converting you have to give the path to lame.exe (Commandline Encoder) not until then foobar will convert to mp3. "Lame" isn't included in Foobar 2000.
Also you can edit the mp3 quality from 65 kbps to 320 kbps.
Otherweis foobar 2000 is one of the easiest way to convert to mp3.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-27 16:45 by werther2003.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 27, 2011 19:08

You can use FOR FREE a great aussie software to convert many differents kid of files (i use this one also):

Switch - NCH (there's a pay version also a free one):

[www.nch.com.au]

Cheers,

Martín

Date: January 27, 2011 22:28

Thanks guys for all your advices much appreciated.

Ok so this is what i have chosen to do. I have downloaded Medieval for purpose of using when i have downnloaded a single Flac file and cue that contains many tracks and comes with a cue sheet. So i can split tracks from the cue sheet.

Then for using mp3's on my computer only, i downloaded Switch NCH for purpose of converting flac files for use on my computer only.

My preference is always FLAC when burning cd boots.

Everything worked great and all successfully.

SO thanks again all much apreciated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home