Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: List of Official Non-album tracks [Rarities Done Right]
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 22:20

Hi blakeeik, there's a personal message for you at Demonoid about the Out Of Control Bi-Polar outer version. Maybe you can do something about it in that forum. Regards, thumbs up

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: December 6, 2010 17:57

As I am very much interested in the It's all over now edit to 2:48 (Obscurities Vol. 5) I like to ask where this one can be found? Has anyone a copy of this edit?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Best regards,
Alex.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: December 13, 2010 14:38

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 20, 2011 17:27

This is an awesome collection. I'll look through it better later. Just wanted to note that the long version of Miss You was released a few times. I noticed that the original 12" has a bass-y disco mix and the version released on the Don't Stop single is a Rock Remix. Much different. [www.demonoid.me] Great work! Where are the links please? gjon69@rocketmail.com ExileStones

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: March 20, 2011 18:10

exilestones
This is an awesome collection. I'll look through it better later. Just wanted to note that the long version of Miss You was released a few times. I noticed that the original 12" has a bass-y disco mix and the version released on the Don't Stop single is a Rock Remix. Much different. [www.demonoid.me] Great work! Where are the links please? gjon69@rocketmail.com ExileStones

I agree the new remastered version sounds much different, much more of a rock mix than a disco mix like the originial. However, I think it is still the same remix. All the same instruments and vocals, but different volumes and EQ of each. Do you disagree?

Links? This is all official material... Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-20 18:11 by blakeeik.

Re: Vol. 3: Edits & Alternates
Posted by: Carster ()
Date: March 21, 2011 03:05

blakeeik
10. Out of Control [Radio Edit] (4:00)
Edit of Bridges to Babylon (1997 CD) track. Released on Out of Control (1997 7" & CD single, CD promo). Two edits exist; one fades 10 seconds earlier than the other.

Anyone wish to shine a little light on this?

Re: Vol. 3: Edits & Alternates
Date: March 23, 2011 10:29

Carster
blakeeik
10. Out of Control [Radio Edit] (4:00)
Edit of Bridges to Babylon (1997 CD) track. Released on Out of Control (1997 7" & CD single, CD promo). Two edits exist; one fades 10 seconds earlier than the other.

Anyone wish to shine a little light on this?

Out Of Control [DPRO-13159] = 4:00
Out Of Control [VSCDF1700] = 3:48
Out Of Control [VSCDYJ1700] = 3:48

Date: March 23, 2011 15:56

2002 released on The Rolling Stones Remastered 21 Track DJ Promo. Don’t assume this is the same as the Satanic SACD or any other release. I’m told 19th Nervous Breakdown on this is the only official release in stereo on CD. Same year as the SACD but the SACDs didn’t have 19th in stereo. (Abkco 915-2) I saw this disc on ebay last week for $200.00.

Date: March 23, 2011 18:49

exilestones

I think this is a much different mix. It's the "Rock Remix" and has the same performance but an entirely different mix and not just less bass than the 12" 1978 disco mix. The guitars are mixed way up in places that were buried before. It's a completely different mix.

Where's your list of rarities? I thought there is an older list? Thanks, ExileStones - Gjon69@rocketmail.com p.s. Keep up the good work! Thanks

Date: March 24, 2011 00:19

exilestones
2002 released on The Rolling Stones Remastered 21 Track DJ Promo. Don’t assume this is the same as the Satanic SACD or any other release. I’m told 19th Nervous Breakdown on this is the only official release in stereo on CD. Same year as the SACD but the SACDs didn’t have 19th in stereo. (Abkco 915-2) I saw this disc on ebay last week for $200.00.

This is good to know, would love to see more about it, or buy it. smiling smiley

I have "21x5" promo SACD sampler that has Satisfaction in Stereo. I looked for your DJ promo on ebay's completed listings and couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-24 02:35 by blakeeik.

Date: March 24, 2011 00:26

exilestones
I think this is a much different mix. It's the "Rock Remix" and has the same performance but an entirely different mix and not just less bass than the 12" 1978 disco mix. The guitars are mixed way up in places that were buried before. It's a completely different mix.

Agree it is a different, remastered mix of the 12" "disco" mix, but it is the same remix. I have never seen it refered to as "Rock Remix" unless you refer to "Don't Stop (New Rock Mix)" that comes on the same single as "Miss You (Remix)." Where did you read that?

exilestones
Where's your list of rarities? I thought there is an older list? Thanks, ExileStones - Gjon69@rocketmail.com p.s. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

I try to update my file every so often. I'll have to redo it once I get The Complete Singles. Here is the current version.

[dl.dropbox.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-24 01:43 by blakeeik.

Date: March 24, 2011 04:34

blakeeik
exilestones

This is good to know, would love to see more about it, or buy it. smiling smiley

I have "21x5" promo SACD sampler that has Satisfaction in Stereo. I looked for your DJ promo on ebay's completed listings and couldn't find it. Do you have a link?

[cgi.ebay.com]

Date: March 24, 2011 04:38

"I have "21x5" promo SACD sampler that has Satisfaction in Stereo."

There's two different promos. The one that came with the SACD player (less tracks) and there's the 21 track that went to radio. Which one do you have? Maybe they're different.

Date: March 24, 2011 04:52

blakeeik
exilestones

Agree it is a different, remastered mix of the 12" "disco" mix, but it is the same remix. I have never seen it refered to as "Rock Remix" unless you refer to "Don't Stop (New Rock Mix)" that comes on the same single as "Miss You (Remix)." Where did you read that?

IMHO the 12" Miss You (extended) released in 1978 and the Miss You (extended) from 2002 are the same song but IMHO entirely different mixes. IMHO they started with the original tapes and made a whole new mix. It's not just the disco sound of 1978 but the instruments are arranged in the mix differently. Download the 1978 version [www.demonoid.me] and compare it to the rock mix from the Don't Stop CD single from 2992. It's not a slight variation it's a whole new animal IMHO. If you think differently, I'd love to know. They have different titles officially!

Speaking of Miss You I think it would be cool to put two or three versions together. The extended version(s) have a lot more to it including guitar solos. I think the album (LP) has the sax solo and who know what's so different about the 8Track version? Must be something? I think it would be cool to at least splice the the sax solo from the album version in to the extended version of Miss You. I tried it once but I found it confusing exactly where to splice what, Some of you guys are great with that stuff so, I challange you to pull it off. I'm not that familar with the 8Track Miss You but know it's at least a different length, so maybe some good parts thereto splice in?

Date: March 24, 2011 10:17

exilestones
blakeeik
exilestones

[cgi.ebay.com]

Yes, this is the one I have. There is no instance of 19th Nervous Breakdowon on this track listing either confused smiley

Here's one that didn't even recieve a bid for $30US: [cgi.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-24 10:20 by blakeeik.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: March 24, 2011 10:47

Miss You "8 Track version" = edited and remixed version IV, featuring extended rap,extended guitar part plus the sax solo (additional strophe)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-24 10:54 by elmod.

Date: March 24, 2011 11:12

exilestones
blakeeik
exilestones

IMHO the 12" Miss You (extended) released in 1978 and the Miss You (extended) from 2002 are the same song but IMHO entirely different mixes. IMHO they started with the original tapes and made a whole new mix. It's not just the disco sound of 1978 but the instruments are arranged in the mix differently. Download the 1978 version [www.demonoid.me] and compare it to the rock mix from the Don't Stop CD single from 2992. It's not a slight variation it's a whole new animal IMHO. If you think differently, I'd love to know. They have different titles officially!

Speaking of Miss You I think it would be cool to put two or three versions together. The extended version(s) have a lot more to it including guitar solos. I think the album (LP) has the sax solo and who know what's so different about the 8Track version? Must be something? I think it would be cool to at least splice the the sax solo from the album version in to the extended version of Miss You. I tried it once but I found it confusing exactly where to splice what, Some of you guys are great with that stuff so, I challange you to pull it off. I'm not that familar with the 8Track Miss You but know it's at least a different length, so maybe some good parts thereto splice in?

I agree with you that they are 2 totally different mixes. Like stereo and mono. I just meant they are the same song (same remix) - same vocals, same instruments, same speed. I compared previous versions of the 1978 mix, including the one on demonoid you refer to, and cold not find anything different regarding these things. I agree that the relative volumes and EQ setting are way different, and it gives the song a totally different sound. The mixes on Collectibles and Rarities are more similar to the origninal mix, like the one on demonoid, so the list of rarities does not exclude that mix.

The 8-track edit just has an extra part in the middle but sounds differnet beacuse it comes from an 8 track (as all 8tracks do in my opinion).

Date: March 25, 2011 14:05

Hey Blake, in your Edits & Alternates : Disc 2 : CD 1963-1983, you have 15. Crazy Mama [Edit] (4:06) Edit of Black and Blue (1976 LP) track. Released on Crazy Mama (1976 7" promo). [S70]. Can you give me more details of this 7" promo, maybe even a shot of the disc label? I want to find out the cat. # and exact name given to the edit, as well as adding a shot of the label to my collection of promo disc label shots.

Date: March 26, 2011 00:00

stonesman87
Hey Blake, in your Edits & Alternates : Disc 2 : CD 1963-1983, you have 15. Crazy Mama [Edit] (4:06) Edit of Black and Blue (1976 LP) track. Released on Crazy Mama (1976 7" promo). [S70]. Can you give me more details of this 7" promo, maybe even a shot of the disc label? I want to find out the cat. # and exact name given to the edit, as well as adding a shot of the label to my collection of promo disc label shots.

I don't have the 45 personally, but I'll see what I can find. Pretty sure it's just "Promo Edit."

Date: March 26, 2011 00:26

Thanks, will look forward to whatever you come up with. I searched and searched. Can't find any information of it on a US or UK 7" promo, except maybe a French one. Only info I've found is on the blue or clear 12" promos, b-side of Hot Stuff, but that doesn't have the edit. A good example of what I'm talking about is the Shattered promo at [www.discogs.com], including nice and clear image enlargements that show us that the edit is called "short version". Would love to find the same for the Crazy Mama 7".

Date: March 26, 2011 00:58

Crazy Mama - this edit was made for Sucking In The Seventies - no promo record exists....

What do you think about
Out Of Control III* (5.39 Danny Saber´s Full Version) Recordable Promo CD (9 Tracks): "Out Of Control" Europe - (UK Promo 21.04.98) May 1998
Out Of Control VII* (6.51 In Hand With Fluke # 2, remixed by Fluke) Edited Version VI, shortened intro - Recordable Promo CD (5 Tracks): "Out Of Control (Fluke Remixes)" Europe: - (UK Promo 20.03.98) April 1998
Out Of Control IX* (4.10 - In Hand With Fluke [radio edit #2], remixed by Fluke, edited version VIII, Intro of 20 sec. before Mick starts to sing, listenable organ, faded out early - Recordable Promo CD (5 Tracks): "Out Of Control (Fluke Remixes)" Europe: - (UK Promo 20.03.98) April 1998
*Recording Index "Das Weissbuch" - Dieter Hoffmann

Date: March 26, 2011 02:17

elmod
Crazy Mama - this edit was made for Sucking In The Seventies - no promo record exists....

I think there actually is, but I will check.

elmod
What do you think about
Out Of Control III* (5.39 Danny Saber´s Full Version) Recordable Promo CD (9 Tracks): "Out Of Control" Europe - (UK Promo 21.04.98) May 1998
Out Of Control VII* (6.51 In Hand With Fluke # 2, remixed by Fluke) Edited Version VI, shortened intro - Recordable Promo CD (5 Tracks): "Out Of Control (Fluke Remixes)" Europe: - (UK Promo 20.03.98) April 1998
Out Of Control IX* (4.10 - In Hand With Fluke [radio edit #2], remixed by Fluke, edited version VIII, Intro of 20 sec. before Mick starts to sing, listenable organ, faded out early - Recordable Promo CD (5 Tracks): "Out Of Control (Fluke Remixes)" Europe: - (UK Promo 20.03.98) April 1998
*Recording Index "Das Weissbuch" - Dieter Hoffmann

I think it's great!

Seems to be the same as Danny Saber's Demo Version on VGP-198 (5:39)

These last 2 may be found on the White Master Box. They fit the description. But You can never trust anything on WLR lables. They cannot even count. I found several things wrong. For example, Rock and a Hard Place Bauer Edit is really the Single Version. I'm happy to find a few songs on there I did not have, like these two and the single edit of Blow with Ry. But I don't know where they came from. I assume there is a few unreleased inhouse CDR promos going around with these mixes on them. In Hand With Fluke #2 may be the same as Fluke Vocal 12" that is found on the other CDR promo I had on the list. Radio Edit #2 seems to basically the same as Radio Edit with a bit chopped of the front and the back.

I'm not sure. If I have time, I'll look closer in the future. Can you please post All of the OOC entires from the recording index?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-26 02:23 by blakeeik.

Date: March 26, 2011 09:30

Which, Blake, leads me to another question apart from the one about existence of a 7" promo containing Crazy Mama, which is do you think the White Master Box is worth bothering with by comparison with your Rarities Done Right? "The Box" has two interesting DVDs, but as for the audio tracks, maybe not even a worthy duplication of your compilation, it seems.

Date: March 26, 2011 11:18

[www.basement-news.de]
If you want, i mail a pdf-file with the recording index of Out Of Control (two A4 pages), taken from "The Recording Index - Das Weissbuch by Dieter Hoffmann. (your email is hidden)

Date: March 26, 2011 12:15

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-26 14:03 by blakeeik.

Date: March 26, 2011 13:06

stonesman87
Which, Blake, leads me to another question apart from the one about existence of a 7" promo containing Crazy Mama, which is do you think the White Master Box is worth bothering with by comparison with your Rarities Done Right? "The Box" has two interesting DVDs, but as for the audio tracks, maybe not even a worthy duplication of your compilation, it seems.

My opinion of WLR is not good. I would look elsewhere first.
1) they take good recordings and somehow make them sound bad. remastering???
2) they do not provide good or accurate track info - sometimes misleading
3) never bought one but I hear they are expensive

But, like with anything else, if they have an exvlusive, I want it! smiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2011 13:47

I have some boxes from WLR, they have made 1:1 copies, mostly from VGP or DAC - i cannot hear any remastering (compared to my cdr-s from VGP or DAC)
7 DAC or VGP (14 cds) for the cost of 2-3 DAC or VGP - expensive??
However, of course, each customer shall be allowed to decide for her-/himself.smiling smiley

Date: March 26, 2011 13:59

Hmmm, seems the best decision with the WLR White Master Box is to forget about the audio tracks (all in Rarities Done Right, better quality, better referenced) and pay attention to only the DVDs.

Date: March 26, 2011 14:02

elmod
I have some boxes from WLR, they have made 1:1 copies, mostly from VGP or DAC - i cannot hear any remastering (compared to my cdr-s from VGP or DAC)
7 DAC or VGP (14 cds) for the cost of 2-3 DAC or VGP - expensive??
However, of course, each customer shall be allowed to decide for her-/himself.smiling smiley

Well said. I don't disagree. My 2 cents are that WLR is not a definitive label, but may provide a few supplements.

Date: March 26, 2011 14:17

stonesman87
Hmmm, seems the best decision with the WLR White Master Box is to forget about the audio tracks (all in Rarities Done Right, better quality, better referenced) and pay attention to only the DVDs.
Rarities Done Right = mp3, WLR Box = CD stuff (10 discs) seems a 1:1 copie from the original (wave) - the vinyl stuff of this box is partly far away from the best available quality and there are some tracks (3?) twice on this box - but i am NOT the defender of WLR.....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home