Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: List of Official Non-album tracks
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 27, 2010 17:54

Here we go, blakeeik
I dig it from my HD, gave another spin and run EAC test just for fun (never pay too much attention to those things and used to trust people).

It seems that SFTD remixes are copies form official disk.
SFTD Fatboy Slim remix

Miss you remix sounds strange to my ears - a lot of high end tss-tsss and bad fidelity
Miss You (2002 White label remix)

Always suffering seems to be mp3 sourced. Check cut off at 15 kHz!!!

Most probably they downloaded this remix from iorr.

Edit TLH gave this
(01) [The Rolling Stones] Sympathy For The Devil (The Neptunes Remix) (Radio Edit).wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
(02) [The Rolling Stones] Always Suffering (Sentimantal Remix).wav: track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
(03) [The Rolling Stones] Sympathy For The Devil (Fatboy Slim Full Length Remix).wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.
(04) [The Rolling Stones] Miss You (2002 Whie Label Mix).wav: track looks like MPEG with probability 99%.
(05) [The Rolling Stones] Sympathy For The Devil (Full Phatt Full Length Remix).wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 99%.
(06) [The Rolling Stones] Miss You (Dr, Dre Remix 2002).wav: track looks like MPEG with probability 95%.
(07) [The Rolling Stones] Sympathy For The Devil (The Neptunes Remix) (re-edited).wav: track looks like CDDA with probability 100%.

Now I am positive this is 'russian bootleg'. However, the guy who uploaded it seems to be a person with good 'torrent' reputation and stated he bought this disk officially in a store.

I guess the case is closed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-27 18:22 by ironbelly.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: October 27, 2010 18:38

Thanks ironbelly for clearing that up. I really doubt Virgin would use an mp3 as a source! lol. I'm glad you followed up and did not leave it as a loose end to ponder. drinking smiley

Date: October 27, 2010 18:49

That's OK, blakeeik
I am just upset because the quality of russian bootlegs is dropping dramatically. Those they made as Decca bootlegs were top notch.

But it seems that mp3 and internet downloads of lossy formats spoil everything. Just to make a quick buck angry smiley Fortunately, I downloaded that one but did not pay real money for a fake "rarity". The bright side is - I can free some space on my HD winking smiley

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: October 27, 2010 19:31

Hi ironbelly,

before you get rid of the fake ones for good it would be interesting to hear them. An upload would be appreciated.

Rock On,
Ya-Yas

Date: October 27, 2010 19:44

Ya-Yas
Technically the CD is a fake. Or better to call it 'russian bootleg'.

I guess 5 out of 7 tracks are official. Although Dr. Dre remix is mp3 sourced. So I can't post them here

Almost suffering seems to be from Bridges To Babylon Remixes CD 1. Could be found here
[www.iorr.org]

Miss You (2002 White label remix) of unknown origin. I'll try to upload it tomorrow on rapidshare or something.

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: October 27, 2010 20:37

Hi ironbelly,

that would be cool. Thank you.

Ya-Yas

Date: October 28, 2010 00:30

Hi Ya-Yas
Here are 2 links to Miss You (2002 Whie Label Mix). I convert them to mp3 as they were mpeg sourced anyway.
[rapidshare.com]
[www.megaupload.com]
The file is identical for rapid and mega. You can choose the one you like.

Have fun with this homemade remix :-)

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: October 28, 2010 00:48

This Four Flicks Promo has one interesting track, the 36 minute version of Gimme Shelter.

UrbanSteel
midnrambler
I received the Rattlesnake CD with the Lost Legal Live Tracks and a few songs are taken from a "Warner Four Flicks Audio Promotion Sampler". Never heard of it. Can someone please tell me more about it? Tracklisting? I believe there are two, a 4 track and a 6 track, but I don't know for sure.

Here what my provider write to me .
Jos,
A few years back this was a much sought after promo I got however
only a handful were ever released to radio stations. This is a specialized
promo meaning it was designed only use on CD-Rom players so it would not
be copied it was recorded using Windows Operating systems. Here are the following
audio tracks taken from the 4 DVD film set.

HONKY TONK WOMAN (MADISON SQ GARDEN SHOW NY) 4:49
JUMPIN JACK FLASH (MADISON SHOW) 5:54
GIMMIE SHELTER - MEDLY (LONDON SHOW) 36:04
This track has a false start for DJ to talk about the DVD and play samples than starts over
playing the 36 minute section of the complete medely.

JUMPIN JACK FLASH (LONDON SHOW) 8:43
STRAY CAT BLUES (PARIS SHOW) 4:55
JUMPIN JACK FLASH (PARIS SHOW) 5:58

A very different promo and for some reason they took the same track to play
the differences of Jumpin Jack at different venues. Again a very very hard to fine promo.
I was sonme what shocked that I had an extra copy which I must had from a buyer not
going through with a purchase or trade back than, but to have 2 copies is rare in itself
considering how rare this is.

You're missing the original got LIVE Under My Thumb, Rock Me, Baby (AC/DC Plug Me In Box Set), The Rocky Road To Dublin (w/ The Chieftains), Paying The Cost To Be The Boss (w/B.B. King), When The Whip Comes Down (Rocks Off Film), Let It Bleed (Rocks Off Film), She's So Cold (Rocks Off Film), Emotional Rescue (Promo 12’ Mix), She Was Hot (Promo Cassette Mix), Undercover Of The Night (Promo Cassette Mix), Time Waits For No One (IORR 1979 Rerelease Extended Mix), as well as a possible few B2B songs, although I think we just have them under separate titles.

I also included the bonus tracks from Biggest Bang and Four Flicks in my set, as I burned the shows separately, without bonus tracks. If you need some concrete lineage, track times, or audio versions of any of these, ask, and I will share.

I do not own the Let It Bleed listed here though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-28 06:06 by chenry9195.

Posted by: vicdrow ()
Date: October 30, 2010 00:18

I remember being told that on the Japan CD single Sympathy For The Devil REMIX (2003) you could find an extra track of Honky Tonk Women.

Anyone got some more info, live track?, time?

vic

Date: October 30, 2010 01:50

vicdrow
Do you mean this one?

030910A 10th September: THE ROLLING STONES.
Single-CD (abkco Records UICR-5003, -Japan). Producer of original mix: Jimmy Miller. Includes various mixes of Sympathy For The Devil, originally recorded in June 1968 (see 680604A), done by The Neptunes, Fatboy Slim and Full Phatt.
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Radio Edit
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Fatboy Slim Radio Edit; previously unreleased
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Fatboy Slim Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Full Phatt Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -original Stones version from 1968
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -original Stones version from 1969
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Remix (Video)
[www.nzentgraf.de]

Date: October 30, 2010 03:21

chenry9195
You're missing the original got LIVE Under My Thumb, Rock Me, Baby (AC/DC Plug Me In Box Set), The Rocky Road To Dublin (w/ The Chieftains), Paying The Cost To Be The Boss (w/B.B. King), When The Whip Comes Down (Rocks Off Film), Let It Bleed (Rocks Off Film), She's So Cold (Rocks Off Film), Emotional Rescue (Promo 12’ Mix), She Was Hot (Promo Cassette Mix), Undercover Of The Night (Promo Cassette Mix), Time Waits For No One (IORR 1979 Rerelease Extended Mix), as well as a possible few B2B songs, although I think we just have them under separate titles.
I also included the bonus tracks from Biggest Bang and Four Flicks in my set, as I burned the shows separately, without bonus tracks. If you need some concrete lineage, track times, or audio versions of any of these, ask, and I will share.
I do not own the Let It Bleed listed here though.

original got LIVE Under My Thumb, I didn't include entire albums for the project
Rock Me, Baby (AC/DC Plug Me In Box Set), I did not include videos
The Rocky Road To Dublin (w/ The Chieftains), It is on Obscurities
Paying The Cost To Be The Boss (w/B.B. King), It is on Obscurities
When The Whip Comes Down (Rocks Off Film), Video
Let It Bleed (Rocks Off Film), Video
She's So Cold (Rocks Off Film), Video
She Was Hot (Promo Cassette Mix), I don't count this as "official"
Undercover Of The Night (Promo Cassette Mix), I don't count this as "official"
Time Waits For No One (IORR 1979 Rerelease Extended Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What Extended Edit?
Emotional Rescue (Promo 12’ Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What 12" Mix?
as well as a possible few B2B songs, Which ones?

Notes:

** As it states in my foreword:
* I did not include Four Flicks promos - there are more than on on your list, and include only "samples" or direct video copies.
* I did not include entire albums for the project, but you are correct.
* There are MANY videos I did not include in the project other than the ones you list. I inlcuded only videos that were also released as audio, too.

** Do you have any other reference other than the "bootleg" versions of the radio "promos"? if not, I don't count them as official
** Do you have catalog numbers for a 12" Emotional Rescue promo or IORR with an extended TWFNO? I am very curious about these!

** Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-30 03:24 by blakeeik.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: October 30, 2010 04:35

original got LIVE Under My Thumb, I didn't include entire albums for the project I own 3 copies og gLiywi!. Just this song is different

She Was Hot/Undercover Of The Night (Promo Cassette Mix), I don't count this as "official" what makes a promo 12", a promo 7", or a promo CD any different? It's just a different medium to play the music.

Time Waits For No One (IORR 1979 Rerelease Extended Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What Extended Edit? Charlie's ending is not faded out, and you can hear his last tap [although there is a fade on it], the progression of taps amounts to more than four complete bars after every other instrument fades out. This was [accidentally?] released on a pressing of the album in 1979. I had a copy, but I traded it with a collector for four 12" singles. It can be found on the bootleg Through The Vaults Darkly 3. I can confirm this is it, as I made a vinyl transfer before the trade and it matches it except for crackles in other locations.

Emotional Rescue (Promo 12’ Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What 12" Mix? This I do not have any info about other than it was posted on IORR a while back (4 months maybe?)

as well as a possible few B2B songs, Which ones?I corrected my mistakes, you missed no B2B tracks.

Notes:

** Do you have any other reference other than the "bootleg" versions of the radio "promos"? if not, I don't count them as official
** Do you have catalog numbers for a 12" Emotional Rescue promo or IORR with an extended TWFNO? I am very curious about these!

** Thanks!

This post now looks like Christmas

Date: October 30, 2010 06:16

chenry9195
original got LIVE Under My Thumb, I didn't include entire albums for the project I own 3 copies og gLiywi!. Just this song is different

She Was Hot/Undercover Of The Night (Promo Cassette Mix), I don't count this as "official" what makes a promo 12", a promo 7", or a promo CD any different? It's just a different medium to play the music.

Time Waits For No One (IORR 1979 Rerelease Extended Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What Extended Edit? Charlie's ending is not faded out, and you can hear his last tap [although there is a fade on it], the progression of taps amounts to more than four complete bars after every other instrument fades out. This was [accidentally?] released on a pressing of the album in 1979. I had a copy, but I traded it with a collector for four 12" singles. It can be found on the bootleg Through The Vaults Darkly 3. I can confirm this is it, as I made a vinyl transfer before the trade and it matches it except for crackles in other locations.

Emotional Rescue (Promo 12’ Mix), PLEASE TELL ME MORE - What 12" Mix? This I do not have any info about other than it was posted on IORR a while back (4 months maybe?)

as well as a possible few B2B songs, Which ones?I corrected my mistakes, you missed no B2B tracks.

Notes:

** Thanks!

This post now looks like Christmas

* The original Under My Thumb from GLIYWI!, as you point out, is a different cut than the CD available today, however, there are several differences on the entire album! That is why I don't include it. I do consider the whole LP as a must have as far as unique recordings.

* There is a BIG difference between a unverified "promo" played on one radio station and media that is tracable back to a legitimate official source (catalog number, matrix number, etc). All recordings on my list can be traced to a legitimate source. There are many recordings that are not legit - I think every track must be traceable back to a legitmate source before you call it official.

* Thanks for the info on TWFNO. I will check it out. Your discreption makes it sound only slightly different. I may not include it if it isn't significantly different. There are other slightly different tracks, such as the orignial non-faded Tell Me.

* I looked for the ER promo on IORR - cannot find it. All 12" promo "Long versions" of ER I have found are the LP version. There is a short version on 7" and 12" promos. That is on Edits and Alternates 1.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 30, 2010 11:48

The Emotional Rescue was posted here on SODD108:

[www.iorr.org]

However I don't think it a promo version.

Posted by: vicdrow ()
Date: October 30, 2010 12:21

ironbelly
vicdrow
Do you mean this one?

030910A 10th September: THE ROLLING STONES.
Single-CD (abkco Records UICR-5003, -Japan). Producer of original mix: Jimmy Miller. Includes various mixes of Sympathy For The Devil, originally recorded in June 1968 (see 680604A), done by The Neptunes, Fatboy Slim and Full Phatt.
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Radio Edit
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Fatboy Slim Radio Edit; previously unreleased
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Fatboy Slim Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -Full Phatt Full Length Remix
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -original Stones version from 1968
- Honky Tonk Women (MJ/KR) -original Stones version from 1969
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -The Neptunes Remix (Video)
[www.nzentgraf.de]

ironbelly, that's the one! Studio track, OK. Good work! Thank you!

vic

Date: October 30, 2010 15:07

strettonbull
The Emotional Rescue was posted here on SODD108:

[www.iorr.org]

However I don't think it a promo version.

Thanks Strettonbull - and I agree, this is not the same "Long Version" as on the 12" promo. I'm not sure that any tracks on SODD 108 are actually official tracks. Don't get me wrong, they are great to have, I just don't think they were officially released versions. If ayone has a source that says otherwise, please post! Thanks.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-30 20:27 by blakeeik.

Date: October 30, 2010 15:32

chenry

I compared these two - I like the version on TVD3 better! I like the ending and the mix better. However, as in the case with the non-faded version of Tell Me, I don't want to try to included every slight difference in recordings. You almost need every version of every recording to accomplish that. I want to include only edits thats are longer or shorter by at least a verse, not by just different fades unless the fades are signifcant.

I release others may want to include more on there list - that is great! But without drawing a line somewhere, you will never know when or if your list is complete.

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: October 31, 2010 18:39

BLAKEEIK:

Can you tell what was done to the album version of " IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL " to create the shorten promo single version released in 1974.

The song length went from 5:08 (album version) to 4:43 (promo single version)

Regards

SFTD

It's Only Rock'n Roll [short version] promo directions
Date: October 31, 2010 22:14

SFTD
BLAKEEIK:

Can you tell what was done to the album version of " IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL " to create the shorten promo single version released in 1974.

The song length went from 5:08 (album version) to 4:43 (promo single version)

Regards

SFTD

Starting with the original, keep everything up to the 2:07 mark. After Mick yes "Yes I do!" Cut the next 25 secs or so and continue with "And do you think that your the only girl around..." Just one cut out, I think.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-06 19:29 by blakeeik.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: November 2, 2010 23:34

Hi blakeeik:

Another edit question for you. Can you tell me what was done to the album version of "Following The River" to create the shorter promo CD radio edit?

The album version is 4:52, whereas the promo CD radio edit is 4:01.

Date: November 3, 2010 01:01

I will dig in to that on the weekend, if you can wait drinking smiley

Date: November 3, 2010 04:51

Sure, I can wait. If you can identify where the album version has been edited, it's worth it, thanks. I'm just not sure if 0:51 has been cut off the end smiling smiley

Following the River [Radio Edit] directions
Date: November 6, 2010 16:35

stonesman87
Sure, I can wait. If you can identify where the album version has been edited, it's worth it, thanks. I'm just not sure if 0:51 has been cut off the end smiling smiley

Following the River [Radio Edit]

Cut out the 2nd opening refrain (from about 5.461-12.766 seconds). Then, fade out early, from about 3:45 to 4:00. Keep 2-3 secs of silence at the end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-06 19:26 by blakeeik.

Re: Following the River [Radio Edit] directions
Date: November 6, 2010 22:46

Hmmm, precise details, thanks very much indeed. Been trying for some time to find this out. thumbs up

BTW, any chance of posting a good scan of the back cover (with spines) for this one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-06 23:40 by stonesman87.

Re: Following the River [Radio Edit] directions
Date: November 7, 2010 00:08

scans for FTR promo will be here until monday:

[dl.dropbox.com]

Re: List of Official Non-album tracks [Rarities Done Right]
Date: November 7, 2010 03:34

So cool, thanks a million! Mission accomplished. smileys with beer

Date: November 7, 2010 03:45

Hey blakeeik,

One other question - Out of Control [Bi-Polar's Outer Version] (5:07). I believe this was only on an UNRELEASED promo 7" single. Any chance of posting this one, or do you know anywhere it can be found?

Date: November 7, 2010 04:56

stonesman87
Hey blakeeik,

One other question - Out of Control [Bi-Polar's Outer Version] (5:07). I believe this was only on an UNRELEASED promo 7" single. Any chance of posting this one, or do you know anywhere it can be found?

It was released. You can get it on ebay or eil.com, sometimes.

Date: November 8, 2010 02:21

OK, what I've seen is that it was withdrawn, so maybe it was out there for a short while. Is the Out of Control Bi-Polar outer version any kind of edit of the Bi-Polar at the controls version? If so, can you set out where the edits are? These two are on the promo 7" single - see, for example, [991.com]

Date: November 8, 2010 02:53

stonesman87
OK, what I've seen is that it was withdrawn, so maybe it was out there for a short while. Is the Out of Control Bi-Polar outer version any kind of edit of the Bi-Polar at the controls version? If so, can you set out where the edits are? These two are on the promo 7" single - see, for example, [991.com]

sorry it is a different mix, with a common base mix

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home