Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Glimmertwin78 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 00:00

The Rolling Stones
Milano 1970
Live At Milano Sportspalace,October 1th, 1970
Good Audience

1.Jumping Jack Flash:[www.gigasize.com]
2.Roll Over Beethoven:[www.gigasize.com]
3.Sympathy For The Devil:[www.gigasize.com]
4.Stray Cat Blues:[www.gigasize.com]
5.Love In Vaine:[www.gigasize.com]
6.Prodigal Son:[www.gigasize.com]
7.Dead Flowers:[www.gigasize.com]
8.Midnight Rambler:[www.gigasize.com]
9.Live With Me (Start):[www.gigasize.com]
10.Live With Me:[www.gigasize.com]
11.Brown Sugar:[www.gigasize.com]
12.Honky Tonk Woman:[www.gigasize.com]
13.Street Fighting Man:[www.gigasize.com]

Art:[www.gigasize.com]

Keep on downloading..........

Re: Post: Milano 1970
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 12, 2009 01:38

Is this the common show--aka Street Fighting Men in Milano, or the one that matches up to the video (uncirculated show)?

Thanks,

JR

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:11

Hi John, this is SFM in Milan. I just checked "Live with me".

I have the contact with the guy that has the complete Milan 1st show but he wants me to find something uncirculated and pre-1974. I'm still after that. At least I know it exists and where it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-12 10:15 by straycat58.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2009 12:19

"I have the contact with the guy that has the complete Milan 1st show but he wants me to find something uncirculated and pre-1974. I'm still after that. At least I know it exists and where it is."
Hey this osunds great can you tell/remind us the whole story?

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 12, 2009 14:16

Thanks...been trying to get that other show, as it sounds way better than the tape mentioned above...at least the samples on the video.

I offered up some stuff to trade, but he wasnt interested.

JR

Date: February 13, 2009 00:45

The story is that this guy that owns the tape was at the Milan concert with the one who made the video. The video doesn't cover the whole show but the audio is complete and I would say that it's one of the best quality audio show from that tour. Actually, this audio was mixed on the video which was mute.
Fact is that there are shows never circulated and the only way to get them is to exchange with another uncirculated show. For the time being he already offere to us the 5 (maybe 6) tracks included in the video.
In conclusion, I've been offered a copy of this concert the day that I will be able to offer a similar show: means Brian or Taylor era.
That's all.

I read sometime ago there should be a complete Champaign 69 2nd show and this could fit; but I've not the contact.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 13, 2009 00:50

It would be great to hear this as this tour sure is poorly represented recording wise which is a shame since the Stones were at their pinnacle as a performing band(just my opinion)

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 13, 2009 05:10

straycat58
I read sometime ago there should be a complete Champaign 69 2nd show and this could fit; but I've not the contact.

Try this guy: [www.iorr.org]

Date: February 13, 2009 12:03

already did. Still waiting.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 13, 2009 12:26

mmm...interesting....i guess there's no point holding onto a tape when you're on your death bed...how old is this guy ?? smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2009 14:07

E.Rigby,
I understand your point; but think also that he already gave the video and part of the audio. It's understandable that, at this point, he wants to receive something, not money, but some other hidden treasure. This is the only way to push collectors to unlock their arkives.
So, keep my name in your files; if somebody finds something, please contact me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-13 14:08 by straycat58.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: February 21, 2009 04:32

The guy with the uncirculated show should realize that there are very, very few, if any uncirculated shows from that era by now.

When the Internet first got going, say 17 years ago, I was able to find a few people who'd recorded the Stones back in the day and never traded their tapes. They recorded for themselves only and I was able to get copies of their recordings. Those days are pretty much gone by now, I'm afraid. (I circulated those tapes for free, in case anyone's wondering.) It's conceivable that there are more unknown recordings out there but the chances grow a little smaller every day.

That said, a new recording of Copenhagen 10/7/73 1st show has turned up within the last year. The show previously circulated but this version is better. Thankfully that person didn't hold out for a similar recording, they shared it for free. Thank you! Then DAC made a few bucks off it.

Realistically, announcing you have an uncirculated 38+ year old audience recording but won't trade except for something else uncirculating from that era will get you nothing except ego gratification. It's extremely unlikely it will get you another show.

This reminds me of the infamous Mr. Freezer, who expects people to grovel before him, or trade him something which no one has, so he will release his precious recordings. Please, just sell your tape to DAC and get it over with.

Date: February 21, 2009 11:41

In my opinion the best solution is to convince these people to sell their tapes, and we could organize ourselves and share the expenses.
If we collect 20-30 people interested, the budget will be reasonable.

I have also to say that somebody here in IORR posted on eBay his SF acetate with uncirculated outtakes. I tried to find people interested to share the expenses for a tape of it, but nobody replied.
Conclusion: the acetate was not sold and we didn't get the tape.

If you go on Tell Me section, in the thread about the collectors, another of our IORR friends just wrote that he owns an unknown acetate belonging to the Satanic sessions; I would be very interested to have a recording of this acetate, but I understand the reasons why he won't give to us.

I want to underline that I'm NOT critical towards collectors; on the contrary, I'm critical about lack of organization from our side and pretend to receive free of charge material that the others have paid sometimes thousands of bucks.

Now, back to Milan tape and to the above mentioned acetates, I'm ready to do my part and put hands to my wallet.
Will somebody else be ready to participate? The more we are, the less we'll pay.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 21, 2009 15:49

straycat58
In my opinion the best solution is to convince these people to sell their tapes, and we could organize ourselves and share the expenses.
If we collect 20-30 people interested, the budget will be reasonable.

For any show from 1970 or earlier, count me in!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-22 10:35 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 22, 2009 03:43

i have a solution....to those who want to keep their precious recordings to themseleves, give DAC/VGP your recording BUT with some cuts in the tape. That way we all get the performance, but you keep the master in it's complete state!
We all win...

Posted by: Alexander ()
Date: February 28, 2009 19:53

dph

This reminds me of the infamous Mr. Freezer, who expects people to grovel before him, or trade him something which no one has, so he will release his precious recordings. Please, just sell your tape to DAC and get it over with.

Wow...now that's some funny stuff, dph......

Many of us here didn't see Mr. Freezer expect anyone to grovel. When did YOU experience that? Did he tell you off in private?

Sounds like somebody has something dhp wants but can't get his hands on.

Did Mr. Freezer owe you something or what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-01 02:27 by Alexander.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home