Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: MySpace
Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: November 25, 2008 13:56

There must be more of you on MySpace.. I just signed up a week ago (am I late or what?) Well maybe it's not for Stones fans.. maybe there's fellow musicians here then. I think it's a pretty cool way to get your music out.

We could add each other. This is mine:

[www.myspace.com]
See you all there.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Re: OT: MySpace
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 25, 2008 14:00

Here's me! I make funk-rock versions of Nintendo tunes.

[www.myspace.com]

Date: November 25, 2008 14:35

Woa LieB.. that's very cool!!

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 25, 2008 15:36

myspace is kind of over - everyone uses facebook now.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 25, 2008 15:42

Glad I held out in getting on myspace, then. I think I'll take the same approach with facebook, and soon enough that will be over too. Just think of all the time I've saved!

Date: November 25, 2008 15:47

facebook is actually kind of fun. Myspace was just annoying, you would click on someone's page and their shitty music would blast out at you. Some people have so much crap on their it's impossible to navigate their page.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: November 25, 2008 16:01

To Simon

I love the two songs you put on your myspace. Can I ask how did you do it?

I am from the States. I like the style. How is the weather there?

Getting cold here.

Well good luck on your music

drummer_dude

Date: November 25, 2008 16:19

If you mean uploading music: you need to create an artist profile to do that. If you mean recording: I recorded rhythm guitar first and played the solo over it afterwards.

The weather is good here I think, but way too cold for me. So I spend most of my time in bed.

And Cindy, I know about Facebook but it doesn't offer the same possibilities for musicians as MySpace. Plus, none of my friends have Facebook OR MySpace. In Holland there's a very big thing called Hyves. I don't have a profile there though. For contact with friends, I prefer to just go out and meet them (or talk on the phone, or e-mail).

I only use MySpace for getting in touch with other musicians and people from abroad.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 25, 2008 16:20

is there an IORR Facebook group?

Posted by: DD ()
Date: November 25, 2008 16:41

www.myspace.com/thestansermons

That's mine.

Hopefully, CindyC won't think that what she's hearing is "shitty music blast(ing) out".........

Declan

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 25, 2008 16:55

Well, there are more. Me is there too, albeit under a different moniker.
Facebook on the other hand, is seen by me as an intrusion into my privacy, so I abandoned my test account. They want to know who your friends are.
I don't like people who don't care about me and what I do but instead just say "tell me who your friends are and I tell you who you are." This is ridiculous.

Date: November 25, 2008 17:35

DD

That's mine.

Hopefully, CindyC won't think that what she's hearing is "shitty music blast(ing) out".........

Declan

Oh - I'm sure I'm not talking about anyone on here's page. Most of the younger people I know have awful hip hop stuff.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 25, 2008 17:40

my space? here's one: ____ - feel free to add it to yours.

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: November 25, 2008 17:57

billwebster
Well, there are more. Me is there too, albeit under a different moniker.
Facebook on the other hand, is seen by me as an intrusion into my privacy, so I abandoned my test account. They want to know who your friends are.
I don't like people who don't care about me and what I do but instead just say "tell me who your friends are and I tell you who you are." This is ridiculous.

I agree on what you've said about Facebook. I do have both, a facebook and a myspace account, however, I've always liked myspace more.
I know a lot of people say facebook's better than myspace and that myspace is rather boring, but I personally think that facebook kinda interferes to much in your private life. They want to know too many details about you. Not that you have to answer them all, but it's a matter of principle.
So, in that aspect, I find myspace more appealing. Besides, I've always liked experimenting with colours and layouts which you can't do on facebook.

Aww, Simon, I really love your music! Django Reinhardt was such a great musician! I love Roma & Sinti music (and Minor Swing is my favourite, so it's call you have that on your profile!). Very cool you do something along these lines. cool smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:30

CindyC
DD

That's mine.

Declan

Oh - I'm sure I'm not talking about anyone on here's page. Most of the younger people I know have awful hip hop stuff.

The problem with most myspace pages is that the music automatically starts, slowing down the showing of the page. Not to mention the awfully ugly backgrounds...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:34

What is Myspace? Why should I use it? Will they pay my bills? Sorry to be ignorant - I know what it is, but I am talking about the big picture here. Most social networks try to hijack you to make fortune and fame. That is my take on it. I make my living from services on internet...

Bjornulf

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:38

thats some cool music Simon, You should Post some more tunes...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:43

here's my stuff

Heavy Stones influence (as I'm told)

[www.myspace.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-25 21:43 by Justin.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:48

bv
What is Myspace? Why should I use it? Will they pay my bills? Sorry to be ignorant - I know what it is, but I am talking about the big picture here. Most social networks try to hijack you to make fortune and fame. That is my take on it. I make my living from services on internet...

LOL - so you're an MySpace employee? cool smiley

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:50

Simon

I wish I had the patience to learn how to play like that. That's genius. I'd pay money to come and see you play that!!

Here's my myspace site.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 25, 2008 21:51

Simon

I wish I had the patience to learn how to play like that. That's genius. I'd pay money to come and see you play that!!

Here's my myspace site. The Son Kings

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: November 25, 2008 22:20

Happy to be here....Happy to be anywhere.....

[www.myspace.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 26, 2008 01:42

bv

Couldn't agree more BV......a sucker born every minute as a wise man once said.

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: November 26, 2008 04:49

Anybody got a Facebook?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 26, 2008 05:03

CrazyDadda
Anybody got a Facebook?

Only somebody with no life..what is the point....is anyone actually that desperate for attention?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 26, 2008 05:18

My band's MySpace...
as posted several times before (note: I am not the administrator of the site.)

[www.myspace.com]

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: November 26, 2008 05:20

No Expectations
CrazyDadda
Anybody got a Facebook?

Only somebody with no life..what is the point....is anyone actually that desperate for attention?

I am not using it for attention you son of a bitch, I use to communicate with other people, my friends, friends who went away to college, etc. I mean for fucksake how dare you say some one has no life, if you don't like myspace or facebook, shove it up your ass

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 26, 2008 05:34

CrazyDadda
No Expectations
CrazyDadda
Anybody got a Facebook?

I am not using it for attention you son of a bitch, I use to communicate with other people, my friends, friends who went away to college, etc. I mean for fucksake how dare you say some one has no life, if you don't like myspace or facebook, shove it up your ass

said in the true spirit of the holidays.

cheers everyone!

Date: November 26, 2008 15:49

SimonV
And Cindy, I know about Facebook but it doesn't offer the same possibilities for musicians as MySpace. Plus, none of my friends have Facebook OR MySpace. In Holland there's a very big thing called Hyves. I don't have a profile there though. For contact with friends, I prefer to just go out and meet them (or talk on the phone, or e-mail).

You are definitely correct about possibilities for musicians on MySpace, it's a much better way of getting your music out there. However, that is exactly one of the reasons why I stopped going on to the site. I kept getting too many solicitation, and friend request from people/bands I never heard of and I really just wanted to use it to keep in contact with people I don't get to see that often.

I don't have a ton of time talk on the phone, go out or even do email conversations, but I still want to keep in touch. Myspace and Facebook allow me to do a quick note to someone, get a quick reply - it just keeps it simple and it's fast. I also like being able to see my friends photos without having to have them emailed to me, then taking the time to download them, and hogging my computer space.

I wouldn't share my Facebook profile on here or anywhere else though, it's too private, and I'm keeping that one for people I truly know.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 26, 2008 16:37

There, you said it, Cindy and Simon.
MySpace is a good opportunity for musicians and bands, because of the online audio player and to update the gig-dates and get them across with related bands and friends....for free!
Also, some MySpace entries must be the worst-coded and bulkiest websites ever.

for private persons I don't see any reason to be on there - unless one is an attention whore or a kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-26 16:54 by open-g.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home