Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Link: "IORR" live Germany 1990 @ Intl. Rock Awards
Posted by: STUFAN ()
Date: November 29, 2008 19:33

HI Group,

I remember having seen this when it aired back in the summer of '90.

The band does a pretty good version of "IORR" introduced by Sam (at about halfway through the clip) but I'm wondering if there's a better quality version out there. I'm especially interested in the audio and I could have sworn IORR had the audio available a while ago but it's long gone...

Thanks,
Steve

Re: Link: "IORR" live Germany 1990 @ Intl. Rock Awards
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 29, 2008 19:54

As a matter of fact............and then?

I could make up some things you know ........

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: November 29, 2008 22:55

I think it´s from Cologne or Frankfurt?

Big T

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 30, 2008 15:06

It's not Cologne 30 May "I bet you think that you're the only PUSSY in town"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-30 15:10 by vox12string.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 30, 2008 19:12

Strange feature of hearing/seeing these 1989/90 live clips is that even though the nature of the band is this safe and sure Vegas version we all know nowadays, compared to some later incarnations they still have quite strong guitar players. Keith sounds like he could do anything with his axe. The solos sound so easy for him. At the time - remember? - there was nothing special in it ("of course he can play like that!") - now those licks and runs sound like rocket science!

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-30 19:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 30, 2008 23:42

Doxa:"Strange feature of hearing/seeing these 1989/90 live clips is that even though the nature of the band is this safe and sure Vegas version we all know nowadays, compared to some later incarnations they still have quite strong guitar players. Keith sounds like he could do anything with his axe. The solos sound so easy for him."
Exactly, that's what I 've always said. Just compare their performance and their ability to play with recent shows. It's so obvious. The Stones were at their peak in 1990 - Las Vegas version or not - they never played better shows than in 1989/90 - and they filled the biggest stadiums two or three times - at ticket prices that were the highest at that time. They were the greatest AND the best rock'n roll band in the world !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1406
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home