Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: RONNIE WOOD AND ROD STEWART REFORM THE FACES
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 13, 2008 18:31

at least in hindsight! SAL was the only bone they tossed...

for me, it's been a year of taking care of big, arduous things - things that couldn't be done with a tour going on. did everybody pay their dues?

Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: November 13, 2008 19:06

DandelionPowderman
<Perhaps Keith will turn up as 2nd guitarist as he did for a few songs on the last Faces tour in 1975!!!!!>

I think that was in 1974. Jesse Ed Davis was second guitarist on the last tour.

Keith was great anyway!

No, definitely 1975....it says so on my copy of the DVD. Christmas 1975.

Happy to be here....Happy to be anywhere.....

[www.myspace.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-13 19:07 by Fingers.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 13, 2008 20:20

Fingers
Perhaps Keith will turn up as 2nd guitarist as he did for a few songs on the last Faces tour in 1975!!!!!

I hope not. This is Ronnie's band...he's the engine here. Bringin Keith in would only recreate the whole Stones arrangement: Ronnie taking back seat to Keith.

Still, for Keith to come on once or twice on the tour means that he would hardly rehearse or know ANY of the songs therefore he would be pretty lost on stage and would do about 3 minutes of noodling.

Give Ronnie this one--he can handle it.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: November 13, 2008 22:54

Been listening and indeed trading a few Faces boots over the last week or so and great fun they are too, be interesting to see how things turn out, Stewart's voice is not what it used to be and we all know Ronnie can be erratic.
Mind you if The Faces did tour he would of course be playing more of the stuff he wrote with Rod so his playing would have to be up for it.
Hasn't there been persistent rumours bout expanded Faces cds, be a good way to promote them I suppose.
I did fortunately manage to see them during their heyday, 70-72 Kingston Poly and Weeley Festival, a lot to live up to.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 13, 2008 23:08

<<No, definitely 1975....it says so on my copy of the DVD. Christmas 1975>>

I think DandelionPowderman is correct about the dates. Recorded in 1974 and broadcasted around Christmas 1975.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: November 13, 2008 23:59

Justin
Fingers
Perhaps Keith will turn up as 2nd guitarist as he did for a few songs on the last Faces tour in 1975!!!!!

I hope not. This is Ronnie's band...he's the engine here. Bringin Keith in would only recreate the whole Stones arrangement: Ronnie taking back seat to Keith.

Still, for Keith to come on once or twice on the tour means that he would hardly rehearse or know ANY of the songs therefore he would be pretty lost on stage and would do about 3 minutes of noodling.

in other words, sounds like a typical stones show

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 14, 2008 00:04

Justin
Fingers

Give Ronnie this one--he can handle it.

just the same, i'd have to consider going to see them in new york just in case...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 14, 2008 00:34

One would have to go see these guys if this comes off. No question it would be entertaining.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 14, 2008 01:27

Bring it on!!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 14, 2008 03:27

MCDDTLC
Albett - The Moon must be "BLUE"...

We finally agree on something!!! - would love to see the faces again!!!

saw them in the 70's - great show at the Hollywood Pallidum out here n LA.

They gave away free champane. girls dancing on tables... great night

Ron Wood at his best!!

MLC

The Palladium show with the bar on stage. One of the greatest Rock n Roll Shows ever!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 14, 2008 13:32

Re Jesse Ed DAVIS, 2nd guitarist in the final Faces period: appeard on the Stones RR Circus in 1968 with Taj Mahal and blew a storm, played on Lennon's Walls and Bridges and hung out quite a while with JL until he returned to Mrs. L in early 1975.
Sadly, became another victim of the drugs scene, and died in a laundry (of all places) in 1988.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 14, 2008 14:27

A laundry??

..there's bound to be a "final spin" joke in there somewhere...

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 14, 2008 14:38

Gazza
A laundry??

..there's bound to be a "final spin" joke in there somewhere...

If only he'd cleaned up.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 14, 2008 17:25

Weird. After avoiding Rod Stewart shows for the better part of 12 years, I just today spent $300 to reserve two "golden circle" seats to see Rod Stewart at Budokan in March 2009 (tix went on sale today). I would faint if this ended up being a Faces show.

I saw the Faces in 75 with Jesse Ed Davis on second guitar and Tetsu on bass. It was a great, sloppy, drunken performance. I'll never forget it. I would love to see them again. They don't have to rehearse too much, just the original numbers. They can play those old Chuck Berry and Sam Cooke tunes in their sleep.

Date: November 14, 2008 19:02

drbryant
Weird. After avoiding Rod Stewart shows for the better part of 12 years, I just today spent $300 to reserve two "golden circle" seats to see Rod Stewart at Budokan in March 2009 (tix went on sale today). I would faint if this ended up being a Faces show.

I think Rod has indicated the Faces shows would be in the summer of 2009.

If the Tokyo shows were to have been Faces concerts, I would imagine theyd have been billed as such.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: November 15, 2008 01:50

Lane is irreplaceable...Spiritually & musically. Tho I'd rather hear say Willie Weeks was on bass. Who's Rod's touring bassist? I look forward to a Faces tour, & my only caveat was I assumed the RS would be out there again next summer/early fall...Well it is the Nov/Dec of the Stones' career, so as long as they get out there behind one more new one it'll be (not quite...) almost 1975 again.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: November 15, 2008 03:25

Could it be that simple, Ronnie has had it with the Stones and
the steady flow of booze on Stones tours. Maybe he really wants to become sober
once and for all. Keith's drinking habits doesn't fit very well, if that's the case.

I don't know. Maybe we are down to 3 original members and a guest guitarist on the next tour. If there's a new tour in the works?

A lot of questions are to be asked right now. That is my hunble opinion.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 15, 2008 19:46

Date: November 15, 2008 19:50

Date: November 15, 2008 20:07

Date: November 15, 2008 22:52

Fan Since 1964
Could it be that simple, Ronnie has had it with the Stones and
the steady flow of booze on Stones tours. Maybe he really wants to become sober
once and for all..

and hanging out with the Faces - the ultimate in pissed-up party bands - is the way to achieve that, ya think?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 15, 2008 23:49

Is there an official website set up for this reunion?

Posted by: turd ()
Date: November 16, 2008 02:16

Just my opinion, but I think this is doomed to fail.
They have been away too long. I don't see how they can ever be any good. Kenney Jones for a start has not been a serious player for a looong time, he also likes a tipple or ten. He for sure wont have the stamina to belt out hard rock n roll for an hour and a half on stage.
The last I heard of Rod was that he was crooning out Sinatra songs, so how is he going to cope?
Ron Wood has not been mainstay guitarist in a band for what about 35 years?
No comment about MacLagan because I am not familiar with his solo stuff, but at least he still performs live.
They will know at the rehearsals where it's all going to end - and I hope sooner rather than later.
You can't bring back 'the good ole days', it never works.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 16, 2008 02:21

turd
They will know at the rehearsals where it's all going to end - and I hope sooner rather than later.

what's the over/under in vegas for monday? 15 minutes?

Posted by: turd ()
Date: November 16, 2008 02:22

You're probably right. I wish them luck anyway.

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: November 16, 2008 06:25

Mac's west coast tour is this spring, and there has been nothing from that camp about the Faces reunion being a sure thing.

Not that I don't want it to happen - I would LOVE for it to happen!

As Mac himself says, "Never say never"!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 16, 2008 06:41

just keep the ticket prices down boys or i will only be hearing this reunion on boot cd and dvd

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 16, 2008 08:27

If ticket prices are reasonable and the venue not too big - then I'll go. Otherwise, can't be arsed.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: November 16, 2008 16:56

Rod has not formally made a announcement yet. But the economy is bad now so how will ticket sales be like?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 16, 2008 17:02

Carnaby

This must be from the pre-Faces Jeff Beck Group because Rod and Ron are with Nicky Hopkins.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home