Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How to (FINALLY) Play Midnight Rambler
Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: October 3, 2008 20:42

Nice one. I remember stumblimg across this a while ago. Didn't know it anyone from here, though. Good work, Justin.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: October 4, 2008 01:49

I also checked JJF and it's great.In the net you can find lots of bullshit regarding tabs and ways of playing songs.The videos are great and I think if you had the time you should add tabs at least for the tricky parts that can cause a bit confussion.Other than that thanks for passing the right knowledge smiling smiley

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 4, 2008 16:45

BUMP EASIER TO FIND!

Posted by: Sonny ()
Date: October 5, 2008 21:10

Thanks Justin. Great videos.

[stonesvikings.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 5, 2008 22:43

Great job Justin!

Mathijs

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 6, 2008 17:57

Hey Justin

That's great, thanks for doing the vid. I always wondered my various Open attempts never sound right!

BTW, have you seen that guy on youtube (OK a bit vague I know!) doing a contemporary standard tuning version of Brown Sugar? I'll try and find it and post here.

CHeers
Ted

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 6, 2008 19:04

This one is educative too,don't know if it was on iorr before.Enjoy!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 6, 2008 21:07

Good job Justin. You explained how to play it very well indeed. Rock on!

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: October 10, 2008 02:12

Great videos, thanks a lot! In the last 30 minutes I've learned very much smiling smiley

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: October 10, 2008 03:39

Is there a video where you explain Jumping Jack Flash live version?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 17, 2008 12:51

Can anyone help, what is he playing at minute/seconds 8:16 - the brainbell jangler bit, before he goes to the D chord at n' everybody got to go ...

Can't seem to get it.

Thanks

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 17, 2008 18:44

Hiya Pauly

That fill is pretty simple and used common when playing anything in E. With the capo on 7....let's make that fret 0...I won't refer to it as 7 here. Anyway, finger on 2nd string, third fret and then other finger on 3rd string 4th fret. Slide it up reptitively and there ya go.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 17, 2008 19:07

Justin
Hiya Pauly

That fill is pretty simple and used common when playing anything in E. With the capo on 7....let's make that fret 0...I won't refer to it as 7 here. Anyway, finger on 2nd string, third fret and then other finger on 3rd string 4th fret. Slide it up reptitively and there ya go.

Hope this helps!

You're a star, thank you so much for responding. I figured it out about two minutes after posting, so I feel kinda stupid now. Sorry, I'm only just learning really, and your video is just greatest thing for that. Gotta ask, got any more ???? As a matter of interest, I'm playing it on acoustic ...

Date: December 17, 2008 19:26

No problem...glad it helped!

I have 2 other guitar instructions: one for CYHMK and JJF. Click on my username on YouTube to see the rest of them!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 17, 2008 20:58

Hot damn...Justin, you de blues man. Do you give guitar lessons?

Date: December 17, 2008 21:30

haha thanks Silver Dagger... nah no guitar lessons to offer But would be nice to make extra $$ though......winking smiley

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 17, 2008 23:30

Timing is everything. Played best around 24.00 PM.

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: February 16, 2017 06:19

Justin
haha thanks Silver Dagger... nah no guitar lessons to offer But would be nice to make extra $$ though......winking smiley

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for this video - I just went to look at it again and refresh - but it is down.
Any chance of a youtube repost?

Thanks either way and hope all is good with you.

Soundboard
smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:12

I can't see the link.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 16, 2017 17:40

Elmo Lewis
I can't see the link.
Region restriction?

Either that or it looks like it's been deleted or made private.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: February 16, 2017 18:45

Cool discussion. I guess the guitarists here can all agree that MR is actually pretty easy to play; capo on the 7th, E, D and A shapes predominately. Beyond the technical simplicity, the essence of it otherwise is just a matter of tone and attitude! It's been one of my favorite Stones things to play for decades now! smiling smiley

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 17, 2017 10:48

Justin should be praised for his refreshing intervention in the world of open-g cockamamie back then in the golden era of destructional guitar videos. Thank you Justin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-02-17 10:50 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: February 17, 2017 11:30

I never heard anyone saying that MR was in open-G tuning. I'd think it was quite obviously standard tuning (with a capo).

Date: February 17, 2017 11:48

matxil
I never heard anyone saying that MR was in open-G tuning. I'd think it was quite obviously standard tuning (with a capo).

There are still lots of people out there who believe that Keith only plays open G. smiling smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2017 13:32

HonkeyTonkFlash
Cool discussion. I guess the guitarists here can all agree that MR is actually pretty easy to play; capo on the 7th, E, D and A shapes predominately. Beyond the technical simplicity, the essence of it otherwise is just a matter of tone and attitude! It's been one of my favorite Stones things to play for decades now! smiling smiley

Easy?

"This dick" we would say here in Italy!

Keith's right hand alone is a masterclass of electric rhythm guitar.

Yes, the left hand work is based on simple chord structures (as most of rock and roll is). But to play correctly all those licks and tricks, you need a little more than attitude.

It's "just a matter of tone" you say. True, but there is no easy way to get "that" tone! You got to know how to control a screaming amp. Esp for younger generations of guitarists who rely fully on pedals ...

C

Date: February 17, 2017 14:08

The «chords» are broken chords, licks and riffs, with the root chords as the point of reference.

The riff is great, of course, but the genius here is placing the capo on the 7th fret, making that riff ringing excellently – imho.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 18, 2017 03:21

There is no link

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: February 18, 2017 15:31

Not to forget the changes in rhythm and tempo in the context of an extended jam.

liddas
HonkeyTonkFlash

Easy?

"This dick" we would say here in Italy!

Keith's right hand alone is a masterclass of electric rhythm guitar.

Yes, the left hand work is based on simple chord structures (as most of rock and roll is). But to play correctly all those licks and tricks, you need a little more than attitude.

It's "just a matter of tone" you say. True, but there is no easy way to get "that" tone! You got to know how to control a screaming amp. Esp for younger generations of guitarists who rely fully on pedals ...

C

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home