Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bad language on IORR - an advice
Posted by: Strike ()
Date: September 30, 2008 13:43

guitarbastard nailed it. It´s nothing but funny to see you so called rock`n rollers these days. Hey what about a nice square dance and a Coke light?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 30, 2008 13:50

Reading capacity is limited to some I assume... If you post too many posts with bad language on IORR, then IORR will not be available to you. Not because I am big brother, but because many companies already have big brother systems installed. Like it or not.

PS. For the record, I still do not think Keith swear or promote heroin in front of his grandchildren. You do not have to do everything your idols do.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 30, 2008 14:15

(Introduction to James Phelge's book - to be taken absolutely literally, of course.)

For what it's worth, I love the Stones in spite of, not because of, the four-letter words - and I can see that bv has a practical reason for asking us to keep under the radar of the "big-brother" software.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 30, 2008 14:28

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 20:11 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 30, 2008 14:44

We shouldn't blame BV, it's just the age we live in.

This came in to my mind however (not an exact quote but you'll get the point I hope):

"We train young men to drop fire on people but their officers won't let them paint f*ck on their helmets..."
Colonel Walt Kurtz,
Apocalypse Now.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 30, 2008 14:55

Why isn´t this Sticky with the 2 other ones...? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: September 30, 2008 15:26

Good move BV.

I've noticed a spate of new directives being implemented on your part. This is another one that makes sense. There are very young fans of the Stones that visit here for certain.

CBII

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 30, 2008 18:30

CBII
(....)There are very young fans of the Stones that visit here for certain.

haha, it's getting better and better....are you a rolling stones or a celin dion fan?

yeah, let the rigid puritans rule the world! always be polite, dont use bad words! never question authority! thats exactly what rock n roll is about...

so let's rewrite the history of rock n roll. let's erase all the stories of drugabuse and sexorgies.

i think the time is right for fighting in the street again! (i'm serious)

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 30, 2008 18:58

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

Swearing - No self respecting Rock 'n' Roller would ever be found with a 'potty mouth'

Sweet Jesus (is blasphemy ok?) I've heard it all now.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2008 21:01

BV,you are so right .my job has all those stupid filters on the network so good call ,because at first your like freedom of speech,but then you said that magic words about SURFWATCH (thats what we have )

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2008 21:58

Just &%$# because $@#% and &%$* don't think that $#@#% gives a %$#@ about $#@#$. I wish %$#@#$ would just &^%$#$ and &*^$.

Thank you very much.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 30, 2008 22:28

A word has got no power if you use it to often. I will not make this one sticky but I will compile the important stuff into one sticky item on the top. I don't want 5 or 10 sticky items on the top. Just one. And I don't really want to babysit people. My grandchildren age 1 and 2 have no problem understanding that offensive words are not for everyday use. I expect most on this board to be on the same or higher level. And if you are looking for a fight there are still many places on earth you can do so, but not here. Thank you. Yes, I am very patient, and some people stretch it too far. Please don't tell me I did not inform everybody about the rules here...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 30, 2008 22:34

If bv doesn't like swearing. Then there will be no swearing. End of.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 30, 2008 22:41

Seems like everybody has to comment everything otherwise she/he is not satisfied...so, I have to jump in...

"No comments on your comments!"

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: September 30, 2008 23:54

What happened ? Was there some kind of riot on this board ? I dont see the point...of the sticky threads...We should not lie
We should not cheat
I know....and the world is going wild....are there really any little kids out here? I was pretty rude when i was young...dont forget people can hurt eachother without cursing...thats just the end...long live R&R...you know the Rolling Stones as i knew them never cursed that much...it was wild and they did it with style...it was not to much...it was real!....On this board I didnt see any fights or whatever...so why are those sticky threads suddenly so alive...while we know the rules ......we used to say rules are made to break....there is a lot of respect here,,,did i miss something? Cheers everybody'''Money dont matter tonight''winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-10-01 00:00 by rooster.

Date: October 1, 2008 00:08

The Rolling Stones one long road of bad behaviour.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:12

guitarbastard
CBII
(....)There are very young fans of the Stones that visit here for certain.

haha, it's getting better and better....are you a rolling stones or a celin dion fan?

yeah, let the rigid puritans rule the world! always be polite, dont use bad words! never question authority! thats exactly what rock n roll is about...

so let's rewrite the history of rock n roll. let's erase all the stories of drugabuse and sexorgies.

i think the time is right for fighting in the street again! (i'm serious)

Tend to agree with you Guitarbastard. I respect your right to your opinion CBIII but I think it's a bit on the nieve side. I doubt there's children that young frequenting this board but if there is and bad language is likely to corrupt them then I'd suggest they're visiting the wrong board and worse still,following the wrong band. Also if it is the case that these young kids are using this site then your logic would dictate that their responsible parents are somehow managing to 'bleep' out the expletives on the Stones' records?

Let's test the moral highground with a question:
Anyone out there under let's say 15 years of age? What's your view on bad language on this board and perhaps more pertinently, your views on The Stones' use of such language in their music, interviews etc?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:17

ROLLINGSTONE
Anyone out there under let's say 15 years of age? What's your view on bad language on this board and perhaps more pertinently, your views on The Stones' use of such language in their music, interviews etc?

Reptile was 13-14...he was constantly banned for cursing/swearing - and indecent behaviour on IORR. That's ironic

Date: October 1, 2008 00:19

BTW kids are different today...they are forced to grow old much to soon...and they use much more bad words than we ever did...i must say..

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 1, 2008 01:33

Erik_Snow
ROLLINGSTONE

Reptile was 13-14...he was constantly banned for cursing/swearing - and indecent behaviour on IORR. That's ironic

In fact I learned a lot of foul and perverted stuff on here from Reptile.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 1, 2008 01:46

guitarbastard
lets start a movement "good behaviour, vegetables and rock n' roll".
as a first initiative we will try to put the beggars banquet cover on the index.....

Don't pretend to not understand, lad.

Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: October 1, 2008 05:33

tippy2toes
BV......I totally agree with you. It has no place on this board. I don't think the Stones would approve of it.

of course not, you complete dingo

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home