Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Free Bruce Acoustic set in Philly this Sat
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: October 1, 2008 00:24

Very cool! This is like 5 blocks from my house.

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
SATURDAY: Springsteen to Join Rally for Obama in Philadelphia

Free concert for Pennsylvanians will be huge opportunity to register voters and sign up volunteers; preferred tickets must be picked up at campaign offices

PHILADELPHIA — Bruce Springsteen is coming to Philadelphia this weekend to perform an acoustic set at a rally on the Ben Franklin Parkway in order to assist the Obama campaign’s voter registration and volunteer recruitment efforts.

The concert will take place on the Saturday before Pennsylvania’s voter registration deadline on Monday.

“Senator Obama is a great fan of Bruce Springsteen and is honored to have his support. This will be a great opportunity to gather tens of thousands of our supporters together in one place as we register new voters and bring new volunteers into this campaign for change,” said Craig Schirmer, the Pennsylvania State Director of the Obama-Biden campaign.

The campaign has already registered and mobilized an unprecedented number of voters in the state, and the makeup of the electorate will be fundamentally different than it was in 2004. In that election, John Kerry beat George Bush by 144,000 votes at a time when Democrats outnumbered Republicans by 580,000 voters. This year, that advantage will be about 1.2 million.

The New Jersey native endorsed Senator Obama in April, writing that the Democratic nominee “speaks to the America I’ve envisioned in my music…a country that’s interested in its collective destiny and in the potential of its gathered spirit.”

The concert will take place on Saturday at Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 20th and 22nd Streets.

Gates open at 2:00 and the program will begin at 3:30.

For access to the best viewing area, preferred tickets will be distributed to those who sign up to volunteer. This can be done beginning at 10:00 AM on Wednesday at the Obama-Biden campaign for change offices listed below.

General admission tickets can be secured at the following website: pa.barackobama.com/springsteen

Re: OT- Free Bruce Acoustic set in Philly this Sat
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: October 1, 2008 01:29

Wow, thanks for the info fiftyamp. Go have fun and tell us all about it.....please.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 1, 2008 01:50

with Bjornulf's no bad word policy, I shall hold my post....but "Its Not Easy"...

JR

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 1, 2008 02:33

Sounds good. I had heard he was doing a fundraiser with Billy Joel,but didn't know about this. Should be cool.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 1, 2008 06:33

I thought Billy Joel had a Heart-a-tack tack tack tack?

You should have known by now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home