Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Factory Girl
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 20, 2008 07:03

Ok I am making up for lost time (see Ana Moura post)

Maybe I missed it ..but I am the only one who really enjoyed the version of Factory Girl on Shine Light?! I wish the Stones would do more of that kind thing. The laid back, stripped down version would have been great to hear ..especially in a (Beacon) theater setting. I found the Wild Horsers version interesting as Mick played a lot of harp on that version ...not many lyrics as I recall. It actaully reminded me of an open mic night in terms of basic guitars & harp. Anyway, I nice stripped down set might be nice again as they have plenty of great songs that would be ideally suited. As they did in Miami in 1995.

Anyway, I seemed to recall a lot of thought (pros & con) regarding SAL...& thought Factory Girl was great. Would love to hear other out takes!

Btw ...Does Keith use an alternate (A?) tuning on the original version. I just play it in D in standard.

Re: Factory Girl
Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: September 20, 2008 20:07

? not on the dvd ! .. this song ..

Why not, Prodical Sons - Sweet Black Angel . ( Tell me ) . thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 20:10 by Rufestone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 20, 2008 20:51

yeah chrism13 if you could tell us which Factory Girl you're talking about that would be great :E

>> I found the Wild Horses version interesting as Mick played a lot of harp on that version ... not many lyrics as I recall <<

not *any* lyrics, if you mean the rendition that accompanies the closing credits in Shine a Light.
it's an instrumental. and it's beautiful and fascinating to hear it with that harp.
hail hail Rolling Stones

Date: September 20, 2008 22:10

Mixed up with Faraway eyes ?..

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 20, 2008 22:50

did we miss factory girl?

Date: September 20, 2008 23:12

is a snippet of a rehearsal of Factory Girl in the "bonus featurette" on the dvd, maybe?
i'm still waiting for the UK version to come out, so i haven't seen the "featurette" yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 23:12 by with sssoul.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:24

The version is of Factory Girl is just a snippet on the bonus feature ..as is the Wild Horses. WH starts w/ Keith on guitar then Mick adds some harp & finally Ronnie joins in if my memory serves me well. No lyrics sung.

Date: September 21, 2008 12:54

ONLY ON UK DVD ???? confused smiley

Date: September 21, 2008 13:24

no, the "bonus featurette" isn't only on the UK version - i believe it's on every official version.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2008 14:30

It will come out on Tuesday on my birthday. I'm pretty sure I will get it then. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home