Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Factory Girl
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 20, 2008 07:03

Ok I am making up for lost time (see Ana Moura post)

Maybe I missed it ..but I am the only one who really enjoyed the version of Factory Girl on Shine Light?! I wish the Stones would do more of that kind thing. The laid back, stripped down version would have been great to hear ..especially in a (Beacon) theater setting. I found the Wild Horsers version interesting as Mick played a lot of harp on that version ...not many lyrics as I recall. It actaully reminded me of an open mic night in terms of basic guitars & harp. Anyway, I nice stripped down set might be nice again as they have plenty of great songs that would be ideally suited. As they did in Miami in 1995.

Anyway, I seemed to recall a lot of thought (pros & con) regarding SAL...& thought Factory Girl was great. Would love to hear other out takes!

Btw ...Does Keith use an alternate (A?) tuning on the original version. I just play it in D in standard.

Re: Factory Girl
Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: September 20, 2008 20:07

? not on the dvd ! .. this song ..

Why not, Prodical Sons - Sweet Black Angel . ( Tell me ) . thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 20:10 by Rufestone.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 20, 2008 20:51

yeah chrism13 if you could tell us which Factory Girl you're talking about that would be great :E

>> I found the Wild Horses version interesting as Mick played a lot of harp on that version ... not many lyrics as I recall <<

not *any* lyrics, if you mean the rendition that accompanies the closing credits in Shine a Light.
it's an instrumental. and it's beautiful and fascinating to hear it with that harp.
hail hail Rolling Stones

Date: September 20, 2008 22:10

Mixed up with Faraway eyes ?..

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 20, 2008 22:50

did we miss factory girl?

Date: September 20, 2008 23:12

is a snippet of a rehearsal of Factory Girl in the "bonus featurette" on the dvd, maybe?
i'm still waiting for the UK version to come out, so i haven't seen the "featurette" yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-20 23:12 by with sssoul.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 21, 2008 08:24

The version is of Factory Girl is just a snippet on the bonus feature ..as is the Wild Horses. WH starts w/ Keith on guitar then Mick adds some harp & finally Ronnie joins in if my memory serves me well. No lyrics sung.

Date: September 21, 2008 12:54

ONLY ON UK DVD ???? confused smiley

Date: September 21, 2008 13:24

no, the "bonus featurette" isn't only on the UK version - i believe it's on every official version.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 21, 2008 14:30

It will come out on Tuesday on my birthday. I'm pretty sure I will get it then. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home