Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 10, 2016 14:15

Some close up shots courtesy of Kristin Klein:

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2016 14:51

Matt, great stuff. They should have used even more of it in Exhibitionism!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 10, 2016 17:01

thumbs up. Thank you. Ah.mazing.
Matt, I'd be tempted to take out those blue shades from the '75/'76 tour shelf and wear 'em around town: the coolest.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 10, 2016 18:25

It sure is true what was said about about the value of the good pieces
going up in value while the mass produced Stones pieces... doing what they have.

Really rare items like the single with too many songs to be a single are... you know.

It is very cool to see the "really really cool" Stones pieces. Thanks for a peek.

Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: April 24, 2016 22:59

Hi everybody
this my first contribution for this thread... a green wooden guitar limited to 125 for Bridges to Babylon

Date: April 24, 2016 23:00

Hi everybody
this my first contribution for this thread... a green wooden guitar limited to 125 for Bridges to Babylon[/quote]

Date: April 24, 2016 23:16

i'd love to show you my little treasures but i don't know how to put pictures on this site...can anybody help me???
regards]

Posted by: django ()
Date: April 24, 2016 23:26

LERIFFHUMAIN
i'd love to show you my little treasures but i don't know how to put pictures on this site...can anybody help me???
regards]

[www.iorr.org]

Scroll down to:

How to publish a picture on the IORR forum pages

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 24, 2016 23:45

LERIFFHUMAIN

Hi everybody
this my first contribution for this thread... a green wooden guitar limited to 125 for Bridges to Babylon
[/quote]

You're including the web page url instead of the picture's url.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-24 23:46 by Deltics.

Date: April 25, 2016 09:47

thanks Django and Deltics !!!

Date: April 26, 2016 00:09

Finally ready for display...grinning smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-28 21:19 by TooTough.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 26, 2016 08:34

Very very nice Too Tough ! I was somewhere behind you when you got the signatures - getting shoved by the "professional" autograph sellers. I was so glad to see a real fan getting something special thumbs up

sc uk

Date: April 26, 2016 16:36

straycatuk
Very very nice Too Tough ! I was somewhere behind you when you got the
signatures - getting shoved by the "professional" autograph sellers.
I was so glad to see a real fan getting something special thumbs up

sc uk

Thanks, straycat. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

There was a guy next to me who was not a Stones fan but a
movie fan. He was happy to get an autograph on Keith´s Edward Teague.
I was happy for him, too.

Date: April 26, 2016 16:41

Nice one, TooTough, I was standing just a few people along from you towards the entrance and so watched the signing taking place! Did you choose 'Still Life' because it is a bright cover and would be noticed, or do you just dig that particular album?!

Date: April 26, 2016 17:22

Manofwealthandtaste
Nice one, TooTough, I was standing just a few people along from you towards
the entrance and so watched the signing taking place! Did you choose
'Still Life' because it is a bright cover and would be noticed, or do
you just dig that particular album?!

So many IORRians around and I only spoke to EJM and Beast...eye rolling smiley

I chose Still Life because it was my first ever album when I was 14 in 1982.

Black and Blue was in my backpack...but I chose Still Life for sentimental reasons.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 26, 2016 17:30

That's great, Too Tough! thumbs up

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: April 27, 2016 21:09

New arrival today...

Bridges To Babylon St. Louis PPV press kit:

The envelope

Press kit

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: May 1, 2016 15:21

This is simply awesome Too Tough, I have never got a full house on a single occasion! Many congratulations, something to treasure forever.

Date: May 1, 2016 19:26

mattleeuk
This is simply awesome Too Tough, I have never got a full house on a single occasion! Many congratulations, something to treasure forever.

Well, thanks Matt! smileys with beer

The whole thing was crowned by seeing Bill walking inside. All 5 on one day. drinking smiley

Date: May 2, 2016 12:57

H

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-28 04:51 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: May 6, 2016 14:46

One more Voodoo Lounge VW promo item arrival today...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 6, 2016 15:53

TooTough
Finally ready for display...grinning smiley

Wonderful ! My first Stones album too ;-) Any chance of a larger pic ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 6, 2016 15:58

Congratulations Henrik87. I saw that on eBay lately but was too afraid it would get destroyed in the mail. So I didn't bid on it. I'm always looking for the VW neck tie. Have you ever seen one for sale?

Date: May 6, 2016 16:12

frankotero
Congratulations Henrik87. I saw that on eBay lately but was too afraid it would get destroyed in the mail. So I didn't bid on it. I'm always looking for the VW neck tie. Have you ever seen one for sale?

Thanks buddy! I was fortunate enough to get three of the VW standees lately. They are safely stored away now.

I almost got every VW promo item. The tie and the suspenders are the only items I am still missing in my collection. Gotta concentrate on other Voodoo stuff like guitar picks and itineraries now.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 6, 2016 19:39

Wow Henrik. That's very impressive, I'm still missing quite a few VW things but have most, I think. I have the suspenders, probably the most difficult thing so far. I have a few doubles of some stuff. Maybe we can do some trading? My email is visible if you're interested. Cheers.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 28, 2016 02:32

Well, not much to add tonight. Just wanted to pump this discussion. Not many die hard collectors here so…

Well, what I can say is that I just got Luca’s new world wide discography book the other day. Wooh, hats off to Luca and his plus twenty years project to document every RS issue world wide!!

Also need to give a thank you to Luca for giving me credit for the UK portion of the book as he is mentioning stonesondecca and listing my ref numbers on the labels. Being a collector that has been going into the grooves for the past 25 years or so, I kind of feel that a common documentation system would be good to establish. Not saying that my numbering logic is the correct one, but at least it is a suggestion that could be used. Munch appreciated that Luca has acknowledged my numbers and included them in his book.

And, if you collect Stones stuff on vinyl, cassette, CD, or what ever, just get the latest version of Lucas book. Just look around on Amazon.

And about my own collection, I managed to add the last Decca LP UK pressing to my collection this last February. So now I can say that I have all mono and stereo, all non boxed and boxed UK Decca pressings in my collection. I know of possibly three other complete collections world wide at this point. Well, it took only 25 years to complete the collection. But it was a hell of a ride smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: May 28, 2016 02:47

Jan Richards

And about my own collection, I managed to add the last Decca LP UK pressing to my collection this last February. So now I can say that I have all mono and stereo, all non boxed and boxed UK Decca pressings in my collection. I know of possibly three other complete collections world wide at this point. Well, it took only 25 years to complete the collection. But it was a hell of a ride smiling smiley

Congratulations, it was very well deserved after all those years of hard work! thumbs up

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 28, 2016 03:34

Thanks Christiano!
The feeling that day in Feb when I opened a box that had arrived all the way from Japan and contained a mono Have You Seen LP, One cannot describe the feeling... A project that started 25 years ago was completed.... well, for the youngsters out there, you can maybe compare it to the day you pulled the first bird smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 28, 2016 18:00

Jan Richards
Thanks Christiano!
The feeling that day in Feb when I opened a box that had arrived all the way from Japan and contained a mono Have You Seen LP, One cannot describe the feeling... A project that started 25 years ago was completed.... well, for the youngsters out there, you can maybe compare it to the day you pulled the first bird smiling smiley

Great job Jan...nice to be mentioned in this book.............planning to start a new collection?.............

Date: May 29, 2016 05:01

Jan Richards
Thanks Christiano!

Christmas in February! grinning smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1818
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home