Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 18, 2017 22:42

onestep

Like to get some of them.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 19, 2017 02:59

My favourite board game, and a tour favourite among many of the entourage, backgammon. The only official travel set ever made! Literally one in the world and previously on display at exhibitionism in London's Saatchi Gallery.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 19, 2017 03:06

mattleeuk
My favourite board game, and a tour favourite among many of the entourage, backgammon. The only official travel set ever made! Literally one in the world and previously on display at exhibitionism in London's Saatchi Gallery.

Hmmm..... Doesn't that necessarily imply that the touring version of Exhibitionism is a lesser show than the original in London?

What else is missing from the tour?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 19, 2017 03:50

Captain! Perhaps my post was confusing... The set was previously on display in the Saatchi Gallery shop. It was a piece of UK only official merchandise and this is the display set. At a price tag of £2,500 no sets were sold making this the only one ever made :-)

Here is the World Championship sized set which per inch was a good deal cheaper at £4,100. Again this is the only one ever made. Of course both no reside in my private museum (which as ever I enjoy opening to interested parties). Several other members here have already been but it continually grows and I am refreshing my displays constantly. Recent new additions include many of Ronnie's New Barbarian's lyrics and also a couple of pages of Keith lyrics. I am afraid the really great stuff I save for in person visitors to the museum only. Especially the 100's of unpublished items.

[scontent.xx.fbcdn.net]

Date: January 19, 2017 05:45

mattleeuk
Captain! Perhaps my post was confusing... The set was previously on display in the Saatchi Gallery shop. It was a piece of UK only official merchandise and this is the display set. At a price tag of £2,500 no sets were sold making this the only one ever made :-)

Here is the World Championship sized set which per inch was a good deal cheaper at £4,100. Again this is the only one ever made. Of course both no reside in my private museum (which as ever I enjoy opening to interested parties). Several other members here have already been but it continually grows and I am refreshing my displays constantly. Recent new additions include many of Ronnie's New Barbarian's lyrics and also a couple of pages of Keith lyrics. I am afraid the really great stuff I save for in person visitors to the museum only. Especially the 100's of unpublished items.

Thanks Matt! I'd noticed the different wording with respect to the 'Chess Set' posting, so that's why I gently queried it.

For the record, IMHO the shop offerings don't count towards what's in the exhibition. And that's not just because I can't even afford a paper bag from the shop let alone a Chess Set and/or a Backgammon set!

So, is it reasonable to assume that the contents will be identical in every city Exhibitionism visits?

Posted by: dominguez14 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 06:45

Date: January 19, 2017 07:44

With all respect, cuttings from Rolling Stone are not really rarities. From your other contribution(s) you've obviously got some nice unique things, so photos of those would be more apt. eg The passport you mention.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: dominguez14 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 09:02

Fair point. I don't really have any idea as to what is already in circulation and what may be rare. But I'll get on to gathering some photos of bits I do have including the passport.

Thanks

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: January 19, 2017 10:27

CaptainCorella

With all respect, cuttings from Rolling Stone are not really rarities. From your other contribution(s) you've obviously got some nice unique things, so photos of those would be more apt. eg The passport you mention.

I didn't even see these posts. If you have other collectibles: post photos and people here would be able to help identify the Stones-related items you might have. I can leave you with this: the Stones learned to play their instruments before they ever did drugs. In 1963 they kicked someone out of their show for trying to sell them drugs. Don't do drugs. Stay in school. 21 is the magic number. Jesucristo rules.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-19 10:33 by Socrates1.

Date: March 11, 2017 04:13

Two more just added... still several missing :-(

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: March 14, 2017 07:20

New arrival:

I finally managed to score the wristband for the 1999 Bridges to Babylon Shepherds Bush Empire club gig to go with my ticket.

Date: March 14, 2017 11:09

mattleeuk
Two more just added... still several missing :-(

Your collection is beyond words. I meant to say that re. the Backgammon set, but this set of picks are so funny. Are they Keith, Ron or Jagger?
The thing is- yours is surely the biggest, deepest collection on the planet. Only Wyman came close, and he has published his stuff, right?
Now I find myself wondering about the rarities you only show visitors.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 14, 2017 19:22

look here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-19 23:22 by schillid.

Posted by: Stonesfan62 ()
Date: March 16, 2017 12:06

Date: March 19, 2017 13:27

Palace Revolution 2000 said: "Your collection is beyond words. I meant to say that re. the Backgammon set, but this set of picks are so funny. Are they Keith, Ron or Jagger?
The thing is- yours is surely the biggest, deepest collection on the planet. Only Wyman came close, and he has published his stuff, right?
Now I find myself wondering about the rarities you only show visitors."

Mick usually uses generic picks, the 2006 city picks were used by Keith and Ronnie. However, the stock control was never that perfect and when you caught one in a particular city is was often not the right one! Sadly not all of these are hand caught (although I'm well over 50 on that count), many of these I have traded with friends with the ambition of getting all the cities. I have another stash of city picks that may well have some of my missing cities in my warehouse but picks really are like needles in a haystack.

Several of the handwritten letters and early posters in Bill's book were actually mine (used completely without permission or credit).

You should visit, I am currently rebuilding my displays having now filled every wall with a glass cabinet. There are at least 1,000 things that I will never post here but still lots more to post too... I am particularly partial to handwritten stuff, lyrics, letters etc... (particularly to each other).

Date: March 19, 2017 15:00

mattleeuk
Palace Revolution 2000 said: "Your collection is beyond words. I meant to say that re. the Backgammon set, but this set of picks are so funny. Are they Keith, Ron or Jagger?
Now I find myself wondering about the rarities you only show visitors."

Mick usually uses generic picks, the 2006 city picks were used by Keith and Ronnie. However, the stock control was never that perfect and when you caught one in a particular city is was often not the right one! Sadly not all of these are hand caught (although I'm well over 50 on that count), many of these I have traded with friends with the ambition of getting all the cities. I have another stash of city picks that may well have some of my missing cities in my warehouse but picks really are like needles in a haystack.

Several of the handwritten letters and early posters in Bill's book were actually mine (used completely without permission or credit).

You should visit, I am currently rebuilding my displays having now filled every wall with a glass cabinet. There are at least 1,000 things that I will never post here but still lots more to post too... I am particularly partial to handwritten stuff, lyrics, letters etc... (particularly to each other).

Matt, believe me I would love to visit. Got to cross the pond though; not sure when next time will be.
You mean to say that on top of having the greatest Stones collection on Earth, you also are the guy who always ends up catching the picks? LOL
That has got to be annoying - that Bill used those items w/o giving you credit. How does that work? Does Bill Wyman call you and go "Hey Matt, can I borrow some of your stuff again? I promise this time I won't get coffee rings all over it."
Or is it more distant, with his people reaching out to your people?

Date: March 19, 2017 19:32

Chuck Berry RIP

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 16, 2017 15:10

Forgot who the other VW collector is here. But here's a link to the suspenders. They're very expensive though. [www.ebay.com]

Date: April 16, 2017 17:46

frankotero
Forgot who the other VW collector is here. But here's a link to the suspenders. They're very expensive though.

I like the VW promo stuff very much as they display great.
Also saw the suspenders on eBay but they are way to expensive. There is better stuff to get for that money!

Date: April 16, 2017 17:56

Okay henrik87. I try to remember your name next time. winking smiley There's a few holes in my VW collection that I will find in the future. If we wait long enough the prices will be reasonable I think/hope. Good luck!

Date: June 4, 2017 14:00

In my opinion the great Licks tour is underrepresented here.
Some of my Licks display.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-04 14:04 by henrik87.

Date: June 4, 2017 16:02

There was some nice graphics on the Licks Tour. One of my favorites is the Sheeban Pass. Did you know there are 2 different ones? Some of your laminates I haven't seen. Especially the cut off round ones. Cheers!

Date: June 4, 2017 17:40

frankotero
There was some nice graphics on the Licks Tour. One of my favorites is the Sheeban Pass. Did you know there are 2 different ones? Some of your laminates I haven't seen. Especially the cut off round ones. Cheers!

Yeah the passes looked really great during Licks. Back then I thought the tour was not that great like BtB and No Security. But looking back and watching videos like Circus Krone you realize that the concept and playing was great!

There are two different Sheeban passes. One with corn for the early tour dates and the common for everything from Oct. 2002 onwards.

Do you have some Licks stuff to share pics of?

Date: June 4, 2017 18:37

You might laugh but I never tried to figure out how to post pictures, seems a bit too complicated. Anyhow, off the top my head all I can think super rare that I have is a full block of sticky pads sealed in plastic. Most everything else is ordinary.

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: June 9, 2017 14:44

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 18:00 by onestep.

Date: December 13, 2017 16:16

Grabbed this one when The Stones first started experimenting with limited edition hand-signed---Not plate signed--- album cover lithographs. They only released 12 of the Voodoo Lounge version. Quite pleased I was able to get this one. I believe Keith Richards did the image of the Voodoo man, and one of my favorite albums. GREAT tour. Sorry about the poor image.

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 17:59 by onestep.

Date: December 15, 2017 14:46

Merry Christmas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-18 17:59 by onestep.

Date: January 2, 2018 02:49

I have never really been a record collector, more of a memorabilia collector. When I first started collecting I started with CD's and then moved on to posters (something I have never given up) but now I really only go mad for super early ones, super rare promo or tour stuff, handwritten stuff etc... I am always looking for stuff.

I have always loved the promotional album and with it's unique cover it crosses the line into memorabilia for me although I guess owning six at the same time just crept up on me. Collecting is definitely an addiction. Of course the US London one RSD1 isn't that hard to get but the UK Decca one RSM1 is mega hard. The fronts are the same but the backs are different (you can see the two Decca's at the bottom)

Date: January 2, 2018 02:54

Yes it was me :-) Always looking for more though so if anyone has any great vintage stuff please do get in touch.

(Please don't publish the image without my permission - I don't want to have to put watermarks on everything)

Date: January 2, 2018 03:14

Still one of the most special Stones related moments in life for me...

I first pitched the idea of a live version of "I Feel Like Playing" to Ronnie while watching a football match with him. He was worried the Record Company would't go for it. "No problem, I'll stump up the cash and if we do a limited deluxe vinyl set then the Record Company will only benefit; anyone that buys the deluxe live set will also buy the studio album" I replied. We kept the show complete, every copy had a concert poster, a guitar pick, a signed photo etc... for that moment in time I was able to completely influence the final output (I was paying for it all).

When the records first arrived I met Ronnie at the Ivy and he had already signed one for me ;-) It may not have been produced by a major Record Label but it was 100% official.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home