Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 86
Re: Add Photos of Your Rarities
Posted by: mitchrambler ()
Date: April 5, 2018 06:14

I can hardly speak,and only get my rocks off while I'm dream-in

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 5, 2018 11:24

New poster in my collection : Luxembourg 1995.
A1 size.
I won 2 tickets + hotel for this show on a french radio. Big Country and a local band opened the show.
Does anybody know the name of this 1st opening act ? It was mentionned in a german newspaper but I don't have it. Thanks.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: April 5, 2018 12:18

A letter from Keith to the crew post the New York 2012 shows... please note this is an original distributed letter but is not the original handwritten document (each crew member received one)

Date: April 5, 2018 15:07

Ronnie’s handwritten Not For Beginners early track list plan on his home stationary.

I am a massive fan of stuff on Home / Hotel / record company stationary, not only is it more visually appealing, it’s more of a moment in time etc...

Posted by: ReelStone ()
Date: April 5, 2018 20:15

mattleeuk
Do shout if you want to see more...

Have you any real interest in the recorded music?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 5, 2018 20:27

ReelStone
mattleeuk
Do shout if you want to see more...

Have you any real interest in the recorded music?

I seem to recall that Matt has a copy of the IBC demos disc.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: nick ()
Date: April 5, 2018 23:08

and a ton of those in-house promos.

Date: April 6, 2018 01:46

nick
and a ton of those in-house promos.

Only a myth!

Date: April 6, 2018 02:19

mattleeuk
Guys,
Are we sure we want to go down this road - the CD-R one that is. It truely is endless and will screw with our heads! Often promos are produced in CD-R format as they are quicker and cheaper to produce in relatively small quantities so having a CD-R doesn't make it neceassarily mega rare, but likely to be one of a few hundred. However CD-R's are also used for early mixes and stuff which is never issued and this is where you can never have everything as some are in runs of less than a handful or even one. I have over 200 different ones and know of many more. If you don't want to go clinically insane stop reading now :-)

Did I use the wrong terminology? An overstatement on my part?

Date: April 6, 2018 02:29

Are "nick" and "mattleeuk" the same person?

Date: April 6, 2018 02:34

Your answer is to conflate the identities of 2 people on either side of the Atlantic?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 6, 2018 02:39

Matt Lee, thanks for sharing these Grails of yours. Cheers!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 6, 2018 02:45

‘Out Of Control’ Remixes is on top drinking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 6, 2018 02:47

mattleeuk
Here's a Keith handwritten set list.

Interesting that Keith was thinking of a BLACK AND BLUE album side for LICKS. Hearing "Cherry Oh Baby" alternate with "(Walk and) Don't Look Back" would have been terrific. Briefly I thought he was suggesting "Let It Loose" later in the show (which is a dream), but realized he meant "I Can't Turn You Loose."

Date: April 6, 2018 03:05

35love

Only interesting item on the photo (the rest seem to be well-known material).

And I have it: [iorr.org]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2018 03:06

.....^^^^^ and Mannish Boy ......

ROCKMAN

Date: April 6, 2018 03:08

ReelStone
35love

Only interesting item on the photo (the rest seem to be well-known material).

And I have it: [iorr.org]

Pirated copy he makes.

Date: April 6, 2018 03:46

Hi Reelstone,

When I saw your original post asking if I had any interest in the recorded music I assumed it was an innocent question.

Your follow up messages sadly prove you are simply a jealous troll that wants to spoil the fun for everyone else that may be interested.

My father first bought me a Rolling Stones cassette when I was 12. I played it so much it wore out. At 19 I had the first chance to see them live and like so many here I was blown away. Although at the time I didn’t even have the £9 for the programme.

Always a collector by nature I started keeping anything to do with the memories of my experiences. When I got my first job in London in 1999 Mick, Charlie and Ronnie were all living here. I spent at least 4 nights a week (6+ hours a night) on the streets of London always waiting patiently and being polite. In 18 months I had at least 50 encounters with members of the band.

One night Ronnie asked if I wanted to join for dinner. He asked me for my card and one day he called me, the rest is history. I ended up pitching and producing an album for him (albeit a limited edition one) and have enjoyed over 150 shows in 25 countries. I have been to most of the private shows and have freely contributed to countless projects both official and unofficial. I own one of the handful of known original IBC acetates (currently on loan to the band for exhibitionism) and more uncirculated recordings than than you probably ever dreamed existed. However unlike you I respect the privilege and don’t make bootleg copies.

I welcome other fans and collectors from all over the world and enjoy sharing my passion with them or anyone that will listen. My name is Matt Lee and I am from the UK, I post as MattLeeuk because I stand by what I say. I simply don’t understand negative people... either piss off or I’ll share my passion elsewhere.

Date: April 6, 2018 03:49

It’s great getting to know you better Matt—————.
We support you.
Would like to hear your tunes and sport those big blue RS sunglasses in salute
smileys with beer

Date: April 6, 2018 03:54

Matt no doubt there is overwhelming support by all on this board for your contributions. The pirate is a single troll that can be dealt with.

Date: April 6, 2018 04:50

God knows we needed Matt Lee after Wyman left smoking smiley

And what a classy, intelligent history keeping of the
Best Rock n’ Roll band in the World

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 6, 2018 04:59

Appreciate very much the rarities, Matt.
Thanks for posting them.

Is this something you've come across or own?
Or others? Very cool item and must be a rarity to go for $5000 (in 2008) at Christies. Sorry if already posted elsewhere.. just stumbled across.

[www.christies.com]

Date: April 6, 2018 06:48

MisterDDDD
Appreciate very much the rarities, Matt.
Thanks for posting them.

Is this something you've come across or own?
Or others? Very cool item and must be a rarity to go for $5000 (in 2008) at Christies. Sorry if already posted elsewhere.. just stumbled across.

[www.christies.com]

Ugly as sin tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2018 06:58

Matt Lee is one of the kindest Stones fan I've had the pleasure to meet and greet over the years.
From a Stones memorabilia convention in London '03, to many Stones shows - including a few in the very front (including very briefly in San Diego '15 before I was shooed away by nasty ushers lol winking smiley).
If you have a question about something you might consider to be a rarity or a collectible, Matt will happily give you the lowdown.

Admiring the collection is always a pleasure - thanks for sharing with us Matt, and please continue to post here! thumbs up

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 6, 2018 07:47

Wow Matt, I am so VERY jealous of your experiences with the band - moreso than of your absolutely incredible collection of truly wonderful memorabilia. AND I AM extremely envious of that - so that show's how much I'd treasure the experiences!

Wonderful stuff.

I tell you what though - when YOUR dad showed extremely GREAT taste in turning you onto the Stones, my dad, now gone of this earth, was trying to get me into Slim Whitman. Imagine if our roles were reversed - what sort of Slim Whitman collection you could have had!!! ;-)

Keep up the posting mate, from someone downunder - THANK YOU

Rod

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 6, 2018 11:59

Doc
New poster in my collection : Luxembourg 1995.
A1 size.
I won 2 tickets + hotel for this show on a french radio. Big Country and a local band opened the show.
Does anybody know the name of this 1st opening act ? It was mentioned in a german newspaper but I don't have it. Thanks.

Very cool poster, especially because you were at this show,
Cool to to obtain items like this one are the most fun to own. Thanks for sharing!

Not to mention that tour was awesome!!
I didn't see this show but I saw a couple in the Netherlands and have a couple of the VW Stones posters myself.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 6, 2018 12:04

mattleeuk
I simply don’t understand negative people... either piss off or I’ll share my passion elsewhere.

Hey Matt,
you stay here of course! hot smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 6, 2018 12:14

So 40-50... 1000 People say Thank You, Please post more, express appreciation... and get no reaction at all... basically ignored.

Then one scumbag complains and they get a reaction and response... how does that make sense? confused smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: April 6, 2018 12:47

Leonioid
So 40-50... 1000 People say Thank You, Please post more, express appreciation... and get no reaction at all... basically ignored.

Then one scumbag complains and they get a reaction and response... how does that make sense? confused smiley

This place is missing a "like" button...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 6, 2018 12:52

I regularly look into this thread.
Interesting,funny and amazing stuff presented here usually by kind people...

So in case one dumbhead can't enjoy...don't worry...

To everyone and Matt as well...keep it coming...keep on rolling....

Thanks to all.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 86

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home