Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Harp on Jack Flash?
Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: September 1, 2008 19:50

Thanks for the clip Green Lady ...

Makes me think that a "little" technique maybe isn't a bad thing as long as it doesn't get in the way of the soul.......lol.

Does help us remember what a raw and exciting band they were in the beginning!

Marv

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: September 1, 2008 22:09

I know it´s a pointless debate, but the statement was that Brian wad technically gifted, and I´ve never heard that before and got curious if there were footage I hadn´t seen before.

<Well, for starters, there's the Ed Sullivan live performance of Little Red Rooster on May 2, 1965. Brian shines on this one. Again, this footage can be seen on YouTube. If that's not technically gifted, then I don't know what is.>

He shines, alright, He is soulfully gifted (the most important thing, after all in music), but far from technically gifted imo.

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: September 2, 2008 01:24

DandelionPowderman
He shines, alright, He is soulfully gifted (the most important thing, after all in music), but far from technically gifted imo.

For 1965, Brian was a technically gifted guitarist. His technique for playing the slide guitar back then was spot-on and unparalleled in the rock world. Muddy Waters and Bo Diddley were impressed with his skills.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 2, 2008 05:17

in the British rock world, probably... and for 1965, "in rock music."

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 2, 2008 08:16

Brian was a great musician, the end!

smileys with beer

Date: September 2, 2008 10:31

Robert Johnson was in a different league 30 years before Brian.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 21, 2008 01:00

Mock Jogger

Alright, this was it. Have a nice day everybody (especially Doxa, my old LARS-opponent),

Mock

Thanks. I can see that you are now a moderator in a new LARS forum - and heh... seemingly I find myself being 'banned forever' from that forum. That's the way to deal with 'old-opponents'...smileys with beer

I hope you "Brian Jones fans" feel now "safe" there when the potential critical voices are shut down... thumbs up

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-21 01:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 23, 2008 15:08

I recall Brian speaking about JJF with great enthusiasm. He was not one to mince words doing interviews, and the fact that he thought JJF was getting the band more back to the roots suggest he probably played some guitar on this song. Only the band members know. Wyman seems to have a good memory and I would go with his recollections most of the time. Brian on guitar for JJF, why not?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 23, 2008 16:07

Bill only says he plays on it, that could mean he played very little, lots, or even played, but was mixed out.

Like Brian played organ throughout the basic recording takes of The Lantern, but all that appears on the final released version is a sustained note during the 'intro's'.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home