Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Don't Stop - cheap hail, hail
Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: August 1, 2008 10:08

It isn't any good.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 10:14

Thank you for posting open-g, I would almost forget how great this song is. It would be great to hear it live again!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 1, 2008 12:06

Haha Doxa, that was a long and winding wiggle to get to the point that you actually like the song - rotfl.

I say, to hell with "it's not innovative or it's too easy" - if a song works, it works and this one does.

glad it makes some of you happy to revisit it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-01 15:59 by open-g.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 1, 2008 12:32

open-g
Haha Doxa, that was a lond and winding wiggle to get to the point that you actually like the song - rotfl.

I say, to hell with "it's not innovative or it's too easy" - if a song works, it works and this one does.

Yeah, that's the point. The groove of the song is catchy - it makes your bloody foot move, and that's the point of a Rolling Stones song!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-01 12:33 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:44

Love it - one of my top 10 favorite all-time Stones songs!!!!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:52

I love this song. Classic Stones - period!

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: August 1, 2008 15:56

Bring this back in the set, got to have more 90's till now songs in the set!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-08-01 15:56 by CrazyDadda.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 1, 2008 17:01

The only reason they played it on the Licks tour was because it was the ONE song from the album they actively promoted (I know they played quite a few other songs from the album but that is purely happenstance).

I'm going to lean on the side of it will never be played again because 1. there is no reason to play it live 2. there are far better songs to play

I like the tune, it's just not...Love Is Strong is way more Rolling Stones than Don't Stop will ever be. Etc. That kind of trip. It is too easy of a song. The performance of it to tape, on the record, is good - but the song overall is just basically filler. It SOUNDS like the Stones. But is it the Stones? I've always thought Rough Justice is the Stones, as well as a few others on Bang.

The best song of the new 4 on Licks is, of all tunes, Keith's. They could have just put on Don't Stop and Losing My Touch and the other two could have been left off because they're very soft and not good by any means - they would have made great B-sides. And they took the place of two more hits of whatever chartings - say She's So Cold and Heartbreaker - that are way better.

Has anyone looked at the song selection for Forty Licks at rollingstones.com? Love In Vain instead of Love Is Strong is apparently on disc 2:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Glad to see they really pay attention to things over there. Being an official site and all.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 1, 2008 17:10

Don't Stop is a decent song, but I'd definitely not call it a classic.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: August 1, 2008 19:00

cc
5string
paint by numbers? how many songs can you name that have two different bridges? don't stop and--------

2 bridges? I would call the "don't stop" part the chorus, and the "I'm losing you... memories as tattered as they're torn" part the bridge. So only 1 bridge. And anyway the "don't stop" part is the same chords as the verse! So there are really only 2 parts.
listen again--there are two bridges

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: August 1, 2008 21:03

Great song, but really bad sound, so thin, so not Stones sound!

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: August 2, 2008 01:48

it was nice to see new Stones clip in 2002 but Rough Justice was much better single...Don`t Stop - impotent`s song to be honest...

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: August 2, 2008 03:02

I really like Don't Stop. It moves ya. Play it at a party everyone moves to it. People can't help it. Watch the hips, legs, footaps etc. Take the Don't Stop test. Play it at 9-10 pm with about 10-15 people drinking cocktails Stones or Non Stones fans watch what will occur. MEZ

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 2, 2008 07:29

5string

do I have to? lol... the song worked nicely live, I thought, but the original cut is pretty dull.

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: August 2, 2008 17:44

cc
5string

do I have to? lol... the song worked nicely live, I thought, but the original cut is pretty dull.
No, I guess you don't have to---LOL. Cheers cc

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home