Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: New Tour ??? - The "Please don´t play" - Wish List
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 18, 2009 03:46

well if they would stop being lazy it would happen

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 18, 2009 04:55

No bad versions of obscure singles and/or LP tracks - like that horrific renditions of She Was Hot, Sway, Connection and Little T&A. That shit is embarrassing.

Jumpin' Jack Flash, Tumbling Dice and Sympathy weren't any better. They could toss all the warhorses, kill Angie, make Miss You go missing, erase You Got Me Rocking and Undercover Of The Night - great single, horrible live - from memory and play some other tunes with the intensity they've brought to Monkey Man and Midnight Rambler.

And, I dunno, play some new songs maybe?

Nahhh, that would make too much sense.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 18, 2009 06:23

Seriously, with everything mentioned here, what's LEFT to play? Slightly off the subject I would like a moratorium on guest appearances with contemporary "relevant" people like Dave Mathews and Christine Aguilera. Jack White was worth it just to hear Loving Cup played live, but I question the value of appearing with some of these people.

Date: December 18, 2009 17:36

What's left to play? What, do you only own Hot Rocks?

Date: December 18, 2009 18:10

<< What's left to play? What, do you only own Hot Rocks? >>

Umm, no. Not only the hits were mentioned on this thread. I type while looking at my cd shelf with every official Stones release and several unofficial ones...

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 18, 2009 18:21

71Tele
Seriously, with everything mentioned here, what's LEFT to play? Slightly off the subject I would like a moratorium on guest appearances with contemporary "relevant" people like Dave Mathews and Christine Aguilera. Jack White was worth it just to hear Loving Cup played live, but I question the value of appearing with some of these people.

I know you know your stuff and Stones catalogue, 71Tele.
But come on... They exist more than 40 years. If the crowd/audience know their stuff they will enjoy every other song than the usual hits. And there are other songs that can please the audience! ;-)

Date: December 18, 2009 18:31

<< But come on... They exist more than 40 years. If the crowd/audience know their stuff they will enjoy every other song than the usual hits. And there are other songs that can please the audience! ;-) >>

I think you misunderstood me: I meant people were listing so many songs they didn't want to hear there wouldn't be much left! Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Posted by: Tropical_Disease ()
Date: December 18, 2009 20:45

sympathy for the devil

Date: December 18, 2009 21:45

Wrong. There aren't that many songs that have been listed that there "wouldn't be much left" to play. That's RIDICULOUS.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:21

Start Me Up
Start Me Up
and.................. Start me Up!!!!!!!!

Date: December 19, 2009 07:08

<< Wrong. There aren't that many songs that have been listed that there "wouldn't be much left" to play. That's RIDICULOUS >>

I was joking. It's called "hyperbole" i.e., to exaggerate something to make a point. If I said "I like the Stones for a million reasons" would you ask me to list exactly one million? I give up trying to explain my comment. Never mind.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 19, 2009 10:46

Miss You, Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 19, 2009 10:57

Miss U and Start Me Up and Sympathy For The Devil.

Start Me Up has sounded incredibly sluggish on recent tours. I like the song, but do wish they could inject a little more energy into it.

Sympathy For The Devil is one of my top-ten favourites, but Keith really struggles with the soloing to the extent of it being almost too painful to listen to.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:04

... and, please, all tracks on which Mick uses his balls-squeezing falsetto voice like "Worried About You". I'm no Bee Gees fan.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:42

Please, boys. Play what you want but play again for us!!!!!!

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:43

Well I have read this thread from start to finish.I have probably seen more songs done live by the Stones than 99% on this forum. I agree some need to go but some of the old songs need to be played for the older fans and for fans who have never heard the Stones before. Always a crowd please is Gimme Shelter,Brown Sugar,JJF,I heard them in the 60's and I heard them on the last tour.If you can say that make your comments if not well everybody has an opinion.When a group has 1000 plus songs to choose from it makes it a little tough.Everybody says why the same setlist night after night.Have you never been around a large world tour.It takes a lot of time,voices have to be ok,and so much more just to put on the show.Go see any big group rock or country.Same setlist almost every night and in thr same order. It is a routine you have to be in to perform at the highest level.This is not a bar band tour.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:47

Brown sugar

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 11:58

Excellent RRMan03, I agree 100%. I would love see the Stones play Cocksucer Blues or Claudine live. But the concerts aren´t to hard core fans like us. The concerts are for general fans. I would love a clubs tour but I think impossible.
So, play what you want, boys. But PLAY. We wait a new tour and new album next year!

Goto Page: Previous1234567
Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home