Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ringo on Larry King...yawn
Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 8, 2008 07:36

So, Ringo's on Larry King and they are promoting the appearance by saying "Hear what Ringo wants for his birthday and won't cost you anything". Of course I know what he will say. Same crap he says all the time.

Ringo" "I want peace and love" and then makes a peace sign (a minute or so later he plugs his new book)

Give it a break already! We are not living in Mister Rogers Neighborhood. We all want peace and love, if we have nothing but Peace and love everything stops. We need chaos to keep the economy going.

Yikes, when I am tired I start to sound like George Carlin. Then again, that's not a bad thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-08 07:53 by trainarollin.

Re: Ringo on Larry King...yawn
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 8, 2008 08:40

it was a terrible interview.
King can't interview anybody. He has no clue. I wonder why CNN keeps him.
However, Ringo looks great for being 68 years old.
The 'Peace and love" thing gets really old after a while.
The message is fine, but not every 30 seconds.
I have a feeling even Ringo knows King's a schmuck.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 8, 2008 11:42

I think that peace & love thing is nothing but a gimmick. I have a feeling that he for some reason is almost desperate to come through as a really nice and friendly guy. I´ve read and watched quite a few interviews with Ringo over the years where he often becomes very grumpy and aggressive as soon as the questions doesn´t please him. I remember an article in Q magazine a couple of years ago. Ringo becomes more and more angry during the interview which abruptly stops when he suddenly roars out of the room screaming obscenities. The article ends with "Wow, that man needs a drink".

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 8, 2008 15:08

Well, Ringo has upset the movers and shakers of Liverpoll it seems.
On the J Ross show earlier in the year, he said "he didn't miss anything about Liverpool"
Quite naturally this didn't endear him to the populace.
His last record was, lets say, forgettable.
Now one of his childhood homes is getting demolished.
I'm sure he's accepted though in Monaco though, or wherever he spends most of his tax free time these days.

Date: July 8, 2008 16:00

Face it, he's living off the scraps of being a Beatle. He's done s h i t e since the group left him. He's only good for memories of somebody who was there.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:04

trainarollin

Yikes, when I am tired I start to sound like George Carlin. Then again, that's not a bad thing.

"The wrong two Beatles died first"

--George Carlin

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 8, 2008 16:14

tatters

"The wrong two Beatles died first"

--George Carlin

I don't know who Carlin is, but he isn't funny at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home