Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ebay Street Fighting Man US Picture Sleeve WAS a rip off
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 19, 2008 14:35

Just got this from ebay...I feel bad for the winner.

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

260250525525 - Rolling Stones Street Fighting Man Picture Sleeve Wow!!

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We have removed all of this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about the seller or the action we've taken.

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

JR

Re: Ebay Street Fighting Man US Picture Sleeve WAS a rip off
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 19, 2008 14:40

stone-relics

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We have removed all of this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about the seller or the action we've taken.

We strongly recommend that you do not complete this purchase. Purchases of items listed on eBay but then completed outside of eBay are extremely risky. They are not covered by eBay buyer protection programs and are highly susceptible to fraud.

JR

Sending thousands to someone with zero feedback is very stupid! It was rather obvious that the auction was suspicious, I'm surprised you bid on it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 14:42 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: June 19, 2008 14:43

Glups!!! thumbs down

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 19, 2008 14:49

Surely, if the person selling the item had more than one then he knowingly is selling forgeries? Isn't this then fraud and open to police or civil action?

Posted by: terry ()
Date: June 19, 2008 14:56

Ebay is cowboy land, full of crooks,and as for ebay it self,all they look after is themselves.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:01

Bay-Watch was cool when Pamela ran down the sand.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:08

Yeah, its sad. So many cyber crooks out there. I guess the lesson is, buyer beware. Glad I already had a mint one. But I always wanted bookend SFM sleeves.

JR

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:25

I use this program of protection when I suspect a fraud.

[www.escrow.com]

If the seller doesn't accept it you immediately realize that he's a crook. The system is that you send the money to Escrow, and they pay the seller only after that you've received the item.
Of course, it's recommended fo high values.

Date: June 19, 2008 15:32

I'd have to say I've done over 400 transactions on ebay and only ever had very small problems (twice).

Never lost any money.

Just beware selling anything cause the charges through ebay and paypal are extreme.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 19, 2008 15:49

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-08 12:08 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 19, 2008 16:33

>> Surely, if the person selling the item had more than one then he knowingly is selling forgeries? <<

unless i missed something i don't think he/she was auctioning more than one copy of the SFM single -
the message from ebay is just a form message; and "all of this seller's active listings" could mean just one
(or that he/she was selling several different items, not multiple copies of the same thing).
but if i missed something let me know, please, because now i'm curious. :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 16:34 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 19, 2008 16:38

Rockman
Bay-Watch was cool when Pamela ran down the sand.....

Yeah, and in those days it was worth bidding for her, and it probably still is...

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: June 19, 2008 17:41

Ebay is horrific is something goes wrong. All Ebay is interested in is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and sod the poor punter who gets ripped off. I have repeatedly reported violations and have heard Sweet FA. It's OK. I used to buy lots of books but now I go to abebooks.com and they're cheaper there!

That said, I've gotten some really hot stuff offa Ebay and I do check it every day for Stones 72, 73, 75 and British Airways stuff. I'm a Stones/BA junkie!!!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Date: June 19, 2008 17:55

"I'm a Stones/BA junkie!!!!!!"

Its strange what you collect.

I buy Gramophones and 78's by the cart load.

I've bought 460+ 78's and three gramophones from ebay THIS MONTH!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:00

stone-relics

JR

I got the same message from ebay, i have also take an bid on this record.Hope this guy rot in hell !!

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:00

steffiestones
stone-relics

JR

I got the same message from ebay, i have also take an bid on this record. Hope this guy rot in hell !!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-05 08:39 by schillid.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 19, 2008 21:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-05 08:39 by schillid.

Posted by: gasishigh ()
Date: March 5, 2009 07:36

with sssoul
>> Surely, if the person selling the item had more than one then he knowingly is selling forgeries? <<

unless i missed something i don't think he/she was auctioning more than one copy of the SFM single -
the message from ebay is just a form message; and "all of this seller's active listings" could mean just one
(or that he/she was selling several different items, not multiple copies of the same thing).
but if i missed something let me know, please, because now i'm curious. :E

Yes you missed a lot, the other records for sale. The seller JOSHCARTER812 also had one of the most sought after records around, Robert Johnson-Cross Road Blues and a 3rd rare record (cannot remember what but later found that only 3 copies known to exist). I went to Tefteller Rare Records and instantly saw the spindle tear was the same on his copy. When asked, the seller never could produce a picture of the reverse side. The reason why is Tefteller did not post it on his site. To make this short I emailed John Tefteller and he in turn contacted eBay as a member of the VERO program to no avail, the auctions continued to end. I emailed every winner of the 3 auctions as soon as they ended to make them aware it was a scam (something you cannot do now). The end result was the RJ winner emailed me back and it took him talking to Tefteller for 20 minutes on the phone to be convinced that the 25k record he won for less than 3k was fake. The winner of the SFM did not answer but the winner of the 3rd record did pay. He emailed me and Tefteller, found out he had been ripped off even before the record was shipped, filed with Paypal and put a dispute on his credit card. I do not know what happened after that point. You have to look at the sellers other auctions. I did not know how many copies of SFM or the other record existed but there is only around 20 of the RJ Cross Road Blues around. I ran across this thread doing some research (yes about an eBay item) and thought I would share. Hopefully the pic of the RJ saved from the auction uploads. I also have the text of the auction somewhere. video: [img.photobucket.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-05 07:40 by gasishigh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home