Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: New rehearsal video of Shattered!
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: June 10, 2008 20:40

Thomas, everyone here has an opinion and a discussion is cool and interesting but not if you start saying things like 'They do not need clearance from Mathijs to perform a song. Maybe in his little mind they do, but lets deal with reality'. It's just rude.

Posted by: Thomas Crapper ()
Date: June 10, 2008 20:47

Too rude? I don't care what label you put on it. I prefer to call it the "truth". Call me rude all you want, Hell, I'll buy the T shirt. I find that slamming the Stones, day in day out,is kind of rude.

We're supposed to like this band, aren't we?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 10, 2008 20:47

When and where was this video shot?

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: June 10, 2008 21:37

I liked that a lot. If only that was a rehearsal for a new show.... maybe Leah Wood's marriage. Or maybew not.

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: June 10, 2008 21:57

Mathijs
In my opinion...horribly appaling. This is the stiffest, most bored old-aged band ever taped.

If you can't deliver the goods on stage, the worst thing to do is to release a rehearsel tape...

Mathijs

This is a rehearsel.Not a concert.Mick is resting his voice.

Big T

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 10, 2008 23:41

If you rehearse a song, it means you go through it! You don't play it with all your hea<rt and soul like you do on stage! Whining over stones' rehearsals are pointless. They can't "perform" everytime there's a camera present either.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 11, 2008 00:56

I love how when they finally post a never before released rarity, that people always beg for, all people do is bitch about it.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 11, 2008 01:07

How can you download this?!?!?!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: June 11, 2008 01:07

I think this clip sounds good. Remember it's only a rehearsal and it's only really the music,that's why Mick aint doing much. I think it's cool that there using the internet to let little gems like this out,to show people that don't get a chance to see what it's like in the Rattle Snake or like someone's house like this seems. There just giving us fans a little taste of what it's like behind the scene. That said Mathijs You need a chill pill for the last 3 years,i think the only reason your so upset is because you called for Keef's ass to retire and said he can't even play a chord anymore about a year and half ago. Pretty funny he just proved you WRONG, that's why i think your so bitter. Anyway I'm very interested in that boutique amp Keef is playing, That thing sounds unreal it aint an Ohau though because of that telivision front,but that thing sounds unreal that's why Woody is laughing at about 2:12 to 2:14 in the clip of Keef's little bend.unreal tone. By the way mathijs Keef plays the main riff through out the song to perfection sounds like the album to me,so what up?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-11 01:16 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 11, 2008 02:36

I liked it well enough. Better than the version in SAL. In fact, I'd be quite pleased to see the Stones perform in this state in concert.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 11, 2008 08:40

>> a chance to see what it's like in the Rattlesnake or like someone's house like this seems. <<

it's Camp X-Ray (Keith's backstage space). on the Rio disk of the Biggest Bang dvd set
the documentary includes a bit about their backstage spaces, how they're set up, etc.

and yeah it's charming to have glimpses of the Stones warming up. i am sorry for the critics' section :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 11, 2008 14:39

What I've always wondered about is how come the live versions of "Shattered" have always sounded radically different from the studio version. The main riff that Keith plays live has never sounded - to my ears - like the riff that's on the record.
Tommy

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2008 14:44

Thats, From4tilLate,is coz when he once played that riff in studio,
he was obsessed by a so called divine flash, which only rarely returns,
at least in the same way.Lurv Keef peculiar soundin'.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: June 11, 2008 14:47

We still don't know where it comes from !!! SAL ? 05/06 Tour? 07 Tour?

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-11 14:48 by olorin.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 15:57

From4tilLate
What I've always wondered about is how come the live versions of "Shattered" have always sounded radically different from the studio version. The main riff that Keith plays live has never sounded - to my ears - like the riff that's on the record.
Tommy

The #1 complaint I hear from non-Stone fans is the Stones live do not sound like the Stones on record. They agree the band is exciting and Jagger is incredible, but they are not able to replicate their recorded sound on stage.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 11, 2008 16:06

Shawn20
The #1 complaint I hear from non-Stone fans is the Stones live do not sound like the Stones on record. They agree the band is exciting and Jagger is incredible, but they are not able to replicate their recorded sound on stage.

Nor should they. The songs grow into something different when played live. I would never want to go to a concert if I knew they did it like on the record. An example could be Rough Justice. On the album it's a hard rocker, but live it's more of a groovy rocker (Keith's guitar work on the album as opposed to live did this).

olorin
We still don't know where it comes from !!! SAL ? 05/06 Tour? 07 Tour?

I think it's a rehearsal for the Beacon shows, but I'm only guessing.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 16:08

SAL rehearsal for sure.

Posted by: Faye Slith ()
Date: June 11, 2008 16:33

i reckon Shattered is one of the most boring live songs the band perform these days. They always stuff it up....I was surprised they put it on film in SAL, mistakes during that performance as well.

As for the rehearsal...well it's a rehearsal....but a boring one at that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 11, 2008 17:46

Shawn20
From4tilLate
Tommy

I dont think thats a bad thing.

For any performing artist, a song should evolve down the years when played live. The original version should just be a template.

The last thing I'd personally want from a Stones live show is for a song to sound exactly the same year in and year out.

And anyone expecting Satisfaction to sound in 2007 like it did on a record in 1965 is being unrealistic.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 11, 2008 18:05

JumpingKentFlash
Shawn20

Nor should they. The songs grow into something different when played live. I would never want to go to a concert if I knew they did it like on the record. An example could be Rough Justice. On the album it's a hard rocker, but live it's more of a groovy rocker (Keith's guitar work on the album as opposed to live did this).

Part of it is because there are often 4 maybe 5 or 6 guitars recorded and mixed together in the studio. Often acoustics too. Even the studio-tracks are often jams and improvising. That's why they always sound different. Very often the tempo on a recorded track doesn't work in a live situation and needs to be adjusted. The mood of the band - musical development and so on...
One of the things that make the Stones so exciting imo.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 11, 2008 18:25

Faye Slith
i reckon Shattered is one of the most boring live songs the band perform these days. They always stuff it up....I was surprised they put it on film in SAL, mistakes during that performance as well.

As for the rehearsal...well it's a rehearsal....but a boring one at that.

never understood why they think its a cool live song! it's definetely not!
it's neither dancy nor is it a cool jam track, nor a touching ballad, nor something to make the crowd go wild....
doesnt work live...never did! and in SAL it just completely destroys the momentum and energy they built up with a fantastic JJF!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 11, 2008 18:55

I've always loved Shattered live. Well, more so from the latter day Stones than earlier. I love the boot version from the Voodoo tour - the best performance of it all around period for me. I like the SAL version too.

The Still Life version is not very...good. It's almost funny, plowing through it like a snowtruck.

The riff is more explored live. The record version has a bounce to it, the live version has a more swampy ooze to it. And the bridge/solo section is excellent with Charlie's plowing through rock steady...

Date: June 12, 2008 05:52

with sssoul
>> a chance to see what it's like in the Rattlesnake or like someone's house like this seems. <<

it's Camp X-Ray (Keith's backstage space). on the Rio disk of the Biggest Bang dvd set
the documentary includes a bit about their backstage spaces, how they're set up, etc.

and yeah it's charming to have glimpses of the Stones warming up. i am sorry for the critics' section :E
What's camp X-Ray That Rehearsal? And if it is What venue was it at sssoul? we all know about campX-Ray.I was stating what it is for the average fan that does'nt get a chance to see what it's like in a back room and if your privy enough to be in the Rattlesnake if your in the right place you can get a glimpes or at least here what there doing like in Oakland when you could here them doing Little Red Rooster. From the Rattlesnake. Which i was fortunate to here and give my Rasta Scarf i had made for Keef, in Thailand which he gracefully wore during the curtain call and rapping it around Charlies bass drum on the b-stage,that night. I don't usually tell people these thing's because i don't like the way blue lena act's about her bs,but to each his own i don't need to blab a bunch of shit but if you want to try and show me up,bring it on,from where i've been around these guys. If you don't believe me just go to you tube and punch in Oakland 06 curtain call you'll see Keith in the final bow wearing the Rasta scarf,Which i have 3 that were made one for him there Thai silk and many people on this board have seen me wear mine at occational show's.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-12 07:28 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 12, 2008 09:04

mercy, stonesfrk - no one is "trying to show you up". it's simply information:
the rehearsal clip was filmed in Camp X-Ray, and if anyone is interested in the backstage areas
they can see something about them in the documentary on the Rio disk of The Biggest Bang.

if you simply feel like talking about your scarf, that's fine too but it's not a combat situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-13 09:51 by with sssoul.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: June 12, 2008 16:40

i´ve always loved shattered! it´s a great song, one of my most beloved stones songs. i don´t like the version on still life , but the one on SAL is great and for me one of the highlights on SAL!

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 12, 2008 16:49

i really did´nt like this song but a few years ago, 2005 or so, i started liking it, but to really like it, i have to play it seldom

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:53

At the request of Stonesfrk:

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 13, 2008 02:08

scarfs, scrafs, scarfs - nice, but in the end it it just an attempt to get an invitation to Keiths hotel room or at least some other recognition...

the rehearsal of Shattered is not bad, it does not send me shivers down my spine, but it aint too bad either. its a rehearsal. some people tend to think that miraculous things happen at rehearsals, but the majority of rehearsal time is spent to get things together...they just dont do things like "I Cant Be Satisfied" as shown on DVD all the time.

Date: June 13, 2008 03:37

alimente, scarfs,scarfs,scarfs. guitars,guitars,guitars. joint,joint,joints,and myjoints. it's nice to have a picture likethis on my wall for the rest of my life after going around the world with them for two years,with no strings of some weird invitation your speaking of. I've already burned many with them no qualms here. but like i said to each his own. That's why i don't usually post things like this i just had a few two many and let a little cat out of the bag,but it needed to be backed up since we all are professionals on this site and not bull shitters! bull shitters get rumaged through quick here. Sorry for the big inconvience alimente. I think the rehearsal footage is cool,That's it. P.S. Thanx Tim for posting.since i wanted to back my story to with sssoul and nobody eles.That's why i don't like certain info out here you got Jokers to the right and loonies to the left of ya.lol...By the way Peace and one love to you keef especially our brothers Jahbrew and Neville in the village, Thank You from the bottom of my heart.Not to drive the nail into alimente's coffin,but alimente, lets see you give Keith a scarf and let him where it in public,where's the info on that since you want to make an issue on some low budget shit? about ,scarf's,scarf's,scarf's? and a Hotel room?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-13 08:09 by stonesfrk.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: June 13, 2008 07:54

SAL rehearsal for sure.

no, Bernard Fowler says it definitely isn't.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home