Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT:NBA Finals
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2008 03:22

The NBA Finals start tonight in quite a marquee matchup for the league with 2 of it's premier franchises renewing the best rivalry in the game. The Boston Celtics vs the Los Angeles Lakers. It's not quite the same as the Glory Days of Magic and Bird. But Garnett and Co.against Kobe and Co. should be a great matchup. Tough to pick a winner here. I'm going more with heart then head here. I have a general loathing of all LA sports teams and espicially the Lakers. Plus the fact that I would like to see KG win a title and on a lesser note I'll be going to Boston next month for a vacation.So I'm saying Boston in 7. Tough call,it could go either way. So I wouldn't recommend betting the farm or any farm animals on this one...Just maybe a hamster or two.drinking smiley...GO CELTICS!

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 04:33 by sweetcharmedlife.

Re: OT:NBA Finals
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 6, 2008 04:25

Look at my user name and you'll se where my heart lies BUT really don't think the Celtics have got the firepower to beat LA .

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 6, 2008 05:00

More sports? More playoffs???

Oh, the humanity!!!

Date: June 6, 2008 05:02

SomeTorontoGirl
More sports? More playoffs???

Oh, the humanity!!!

Oh No Not You Again!!moody smiley

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: June 6, 2008 05:18

Celtics to win in 6! MEZ

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: June 6, 2008 07:55

Celtics in 5

Date: June 9, 2008 02:50

Go CELTICSthumbs up

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 9, 2008 05:28

it'd be nice if the refs called a foul or two on the celtics tonight; as thalf time the lakers ahve shot about 3 fouls and one was a tech; i hope they switch the whistles when they get to LA to make this thing fair!

Date: June 11, 2008 04:13

GO CELTICSthumbs up

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 11, 2008 14:01

Laker and Gasol won last night, vammmmossssss Lakers!!!!

carlitos
Tenerife

Date: June 12, 2008 16:24

Go Celticssmileys with beer

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 12, 2008 20:50

Sorry Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers tie it up tonite!!!!!

Jeffery Osborne singing the National A.

Jeff's & Lakers record when he sings.... 55 vs 0

Mike from So. Cal..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 12, 2008 21:18

is this a boston fan website ?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 12, 2008 22:29

F*ck the lakers.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 12, 2008 23:17

ryanpow
F*ck the lakers.

kobe bryant's voice message

Hello, I'm Kobe Bryant and you've reached my voice mail.
Press 1 if you'd like to hear me complain about the lack of fouls going the Lakers way and especially, ME!
Press 2 if you'd like to understand how fortunate we are to have won last night. Only 2 Lakers in double figures and we won...whew..we got lucky
Press 3 if you'd like to hear me discuss my desire to be traded
Press 4 if you'd like to hear how I won the Championships. Shaq had nothing to do with it
Press 5 if you'd like to hear the REAL truth behind the rape charges
Press 6 if you'd like to be transferred to Phil Jackson so you can hear him complain as much as I do if not more.
Otherwise leave a message and I'll return your call after I'm done crying.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:12

I'm afriad Lakers will win in 6, so next three matches will be........YELLOW

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:19

Celts in 6....

JR

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: June 13, 2008 00:44

Think there is any merit to NBA games being fixed? I remember that Game 6 Kings Lakers in 2002. Refs called 27 fouls in favor of Lakers in 4th quarter alone!!!!!!!! I always thought they had an agenda for high profile teams to go deep in playoffs. NBA may be in trouble if there's any merit whatsoever. MEZ

Date: June 13, 2008 00:54

Yeah, and that push off Jordan did before he hit the 3 that beat the Utah team...bollocks...

JR

Date: June 13, 2008 15:44

stone-relics
Celts in 6....

JR

Think it'll take that long? :-)

Date: June 13, 2008 18:32

I wish they would let the players decide the game without so many fouls.The way it is now,if someone tries to guard a player closely and play tight defense,it's a foul.I cannot believe that they put Paul Pierce on the foul line again (the same as in game 2 with the score 104-102) at the end of the game (game # four) after that ridiculous flop acting job.This garbage is hurting the game.The NBA needs to be a little less of a foul shot contest.

Date: June 13, 2008 18:44

kovach
ryanpow
F*ck the lakers.

kobe bryant's voice message

Hello, I'm Kobe Bryant and you've reached my voice mail.
Press 1 if you'd like to hear me complain about the lack of fouls going the Lakers way and especially, ME!
Press 2 if you'd like to understand how fortunate we are to have won last night. Only 2 Lakers in double figures and we won...whew..we got lucky
Press 3 if you'd like to hear me discuss my desire to be traded
Press 4 if you'd like to hear how I won the Championships. Shaq had nothing to do with it
Press 5 if you'd like to hear the REAL truth behind the rape charges
Press 6 if you'd like to be transferred to Phil Jackson so you can hear him complain as much as I do if not more.
Otherwise leave a message and I'll return your call after I'm done crying.

It doesn't matter how many people are in double figures.You can have three people score 25 points each or you can have 9 people score 8 points each and another two score a few more,the bottom line is the final total.The Lakers had their worst game in a long while at the foul line and still won Game 3 with great defense.

The real truth about the "rape" was that the woman had DNA less than a half a week old on her from three other men.

No NBA team is going to be happy about being screwed on fouls like the Lakers were in Boston.28 attempts for the Celtics over the first three quarters to three for the Lakers.The Celtics deserved more @ that point but,not by a wide margin like that.What a joke.If they called just three more fouls against the Celtics and three fewer against the Lakers it would be a much different story right now.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 13, 2008 18:49

MCDDTLC
Sorry Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakers tie it up tonite!!!!!

Jeffery Osborne singing the National A.

Jeff's & Lakers record when he sings.... 55 vs 0

Mike from So. Cal..

Make that 55-1.

Scott from Boston

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: June 13, 2008 18:55

llargueras
I'm afriad Lakers will win in 6, so next three matches will be........YELLOW

Because the Lakers will be pissing the bed.

Date: June 13, 2008 18:56

None of this means anything unless Boston can defeat the Lakers in one of the next three chances.The Lakers win three straight all of the time.Every team that wins the Super Bowl has to win at least three in a row at the end.I wouldn't rule it out for the Lakers.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 13, 2008 19:24

boston2006
Look at my user name and you'll se where my heart lies BUT really don't think the Celtics have got the firepower to beat LA .

Really now? Interesting thoughts.

J

Date: June 13, 2008 21:17

JMARKO
boston2006

Really now? Interesting thoughts.

J

Hmmm...coulda fooled me. That was the most amazing comeback in NBA playoff history.

Funny thing, as at halftime, I thought the Celts could still win!

JR

Date: June 13, 2008 21:23

Winning Ugly VXII
I wish they would let the players decide the game without so many fouls.The way it is now,if someone tries to guard a player closely and play tight defense,it's a foul. This garbage is hurting the game.The NBA needs to be a little less of a foul shot contest.

I would have to agree that the flops should end. They should call flops as fouls much like they used to call dives in the NHL as penalties.

Winning Ugly VXII
None of this means anything unless Boston can defeat the Lakers in one of the next three chances.The Lakers win three straight all of the time.Every team that wins the Super Bowl has to win at least three in a row at the end.

Kobe,

I'm certainly not ruling the Lakers out, but it is obviously going to be very difficult as no one has yet to do it. Winning 3 in a row to win the Super Bowl though doesn't usually involve 2 games on the road against the same team in that team's own stadium.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 13, 2008 21:23

What is that awful terrible throat full of their own bullshit sound out in Lost Angeles? Oh that's it - the sound of the Lakers choking.

Date: June 13, 2008 22:51

Kobe?

Well,I know that they don't play the same team twice in the NFL playoffs but,even in the last few years Pittsburgh and the Giants have won multiple road games in a row during the playoffs with a little bit of good fortune to get to and then win the championship.

As far as choking goes,yes,the Lakers choked.Turiaf went 0 for 2 at the foul line early in the 4th quarter which later came back to bite him in the arse (he should have hit at least one of them) and Odom missed a wide open lay-up with 4-5 minutes left to play without even hitting the rim.At least they have an opportunity to redeem themselves next week.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home