Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:NBA Finals
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 14, 2008 10:30

Kobe, Denver's favorite hospital patient, should never win another title for as long as he lives. Much as I hate to say so, go Celts!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 15, 2008 03:16

What a game Thu. night. That's the difference in the series right now. The Celtics almost blow a 20 point lead in game 2,but hold on. The Lakers do blow a 20 point lead. Kobe is already sulking,Doc Rivers is out coaching Phil Jackson. This series ends tomorrow night.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 15, 2008 05:19

,,,,, bookies dont even predict games, why would anyone else.........

Date: June 15, 2008 16:43

sweetcharmedlife
What a game Thu. night. That's the difference in the series right now. The Celtics almost blow a 20 point lead in game 2,but hold on. The Lakers do blow a 20 point lead. Kobe is already sulking,Doc Rivers is out coaching Phil Jackson. This series ends tomorrow night.

It's not quite the same.In game 2 the Celtics were ahead by 24 points with less than 7 and a half minutes to play in the last quarter and nearly lost.In game four the Lakers led by 21 after the first quarter,by 24 in the second quarter,and by 20 early in the third.

Why is everyone so worried about Kobe?He's not sulking,he's upset just like any other player who has ever lost a good shot at tying the NBA Finals @ 2-2.

Date: June 15, 2008 20:15

Winning Ugly VXII
sweetcharmedlife

It's not quite the same.In game 2 the Celtics were ahead by 24 points with less than 7 and a half minutes to play in the last quarter and nearly lost.In game four the Lakers led by 21 after the first quarter,by 24 in the second quarter,and by 20 early in the third.

Why is everyone so worried about Kobe?He's not sulking,he's upset just like any other player who has ever lost a good shot at tying the NBA Finals @ 2-2.

Did you see his post-game interview? I know he was upset they lost. But to act like an absolute ass in front of the media isn't necessary either.

Date: June 16, 2008 03:52

In the interview that I saw,he just said that he was going to do some drinking that night (drink away the pain) and then get ready for game # 5 and try not to repeat the mistakes.Am I missing something?

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 16, 2008 04:03

It's ironic the Lakers had that collapse. I remember when the Lakers were in their championship run they were the beneficiaries of a huge Portland collapse in the fourth quarter. Portland was leading by like 16 points and totally collapsed. Can't remember what year it was.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:03

2000 was the year Portland lost. They were never the same afterwards although Sheed got his revenge in 2004.Basketball is a heartbreaking sport but i keep going back for more.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 16, 2008 09:30

I think Kobe is going out with Old Gregg.

Date: June 18, 2008 04:07

GO CELTICShot smiley

Date: June 18, 2008 06:54

sweetcharmedlife
The NBA Finals start tonight in quite a marquee matchup for the league with 2 of it's premier franchises renewing the best rivalry in the game. The Boston Celtics vs the Los Angeles Lakers. It's not quite the same as the Glory Days of Magic and Bird. But Garnett and Co.against Kobe and Co. should be a great matchup. Tough to pick a winner here. I'm going more with heart then head here. I have a general loathing of all LA sports teams and espicially the Lakers. Plus the fact that I would like to see KG win a title and on a lesser note I'll be going to Boston next month for a vacation.So I'm saying Boston in 7. Tough call,it could go either way. So I wouldn't recommend betting the farm or any farm animals on this one...Just maybe a hamster or two.drinking smiley...GO CELTICS!

Well I called Boston in 7. SO it turns out Boston in 6! Rememeber that next time someone criticizes one of my sports predictions.smiling bouncing smiley...

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:19

sweetcharmedlife
Well I called Boston in 7. SO it turns out Boston in 6! Rememeber that next time someone criticizes one of my sports predictions.smiling bouncing smiley...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. yawning smiley

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:25

I called it,.Celts in 6! WEEEEHOOO! Celts are back!!! OK RAIDERS GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER....and if the Orioles do it (ha...not likely).....woof...

JR

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 18, 2008 17:19

Yay Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 18, 2008 20:45

boston2006
Look at my user name and you'll se where my heart lies BUT really don't think the Celtics have got the firepower to beat LA .

Yeah, for sure.

And they won't be able to shutdown "no show" Kobe.

HA!

J

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 18, 2008 22:26

JMARKO
boston2006
Look at my user name and you'll se where my heart lies BUT really don't think the Celtics have got the firepower to beat LA .

Yeah, for sure.

And they won't be able to shutdown "no show" Kobe.

HA!

J

They surprised the sh*t out of me !

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: June 18, 2008 23:23

J[/quote]

They surprised the sh*t out of me ![/quote]

Not me. They were easily the best team in the NBA. Unlike other sports (baseball, which I love) a 7 game series in the basketball leaves little to chance as to the best team truly surfacing -- ridiculous officiating or not.

Baseball has too many bizzare variables involved, there's a whole lot of luck/chance that can come into play, more so than basketball.

J

Date: June 19, 2008 02:45

SomeTorontoGirl
sweetcharmedlife

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. yawning smiley

Don't make me start a College World Series Thread. Go Stanfordthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-19 03:47 by sweetcharmedlife.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home