Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Official Shine A Light DVD Announcement
Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: June 2, 2008 22:40

[www.dvdactive.com]

Special edition in time for the 2009 tour?

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced Shine a Light which takes a career-spanning look at the Rolling Stones, and includes concert footage from their "A Bigger Bang" tour. The 2 hour Martin Scorsese documentary will be available to own from the 29th July. Extras will include a behind the scenes featurette, and 4 music videos (Undercover Of The Night, Paint It Black, Little T And A, I'm Free). A Blu-ray release will also be available with the above extras, and 5.1 Dolby TrueHD and 5.1 DTS Surround soundtracks.

Re: Official Shine A Light DVD Announcement
Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 2, 2008 22:43

WHOOOO HOOOO!
Thanks for that info!
Can't wait!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 2, 2008 22:53

"Career spanning look" and "concert footage of ABB tour" seems to be just the SAL movie.

I'd hoped for more bonus stuff than those 4 clips . .

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: June 2, 2008 23:04

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:38 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 2, 2008 23:18

Box looks pretty good, I must say. Looks like we're not getting the other concert but rather clips of songs they didn't include. Its' alright by me.

But...that behind the scenes featurette better be DAMN GOOD.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 2, 2008 23:19

Yeah, sounds good and all, but what about a proper Feature instead of a probably 10-minute-featurette?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 2, 2008 23:33

its very good news , but iam a little worried about the extras, 4 songs and a behind the scenes feature, hope thats not all

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 3, 2008 00:38

Cant see how people expect much in the way of extras from a movie thats shot over two shows and with barely four hours of footage to pick from.

Date: June 3, 2008 00:43

The bonus features would not have to be completely from the two Beacon Theatre shows.It could be rehearsals and/or soundchecks from anywhere during the 2005-2007 era.

Date: June 3, 2008 01:43

...which werent filmed by Scorsese and would therefore have no relevance to SAL whatsoever...

(besides - the rest of the tour has already been documented on 'Biggest Bang')

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 3, 2008 01:50

Extras have got to include fan interviews. Albert Maysles interviewed a lot of people who were in the queue on the afternoon of the first show. And then those interviewed had to sign release papers. I didn't want to risk losing my place at the front of the queue - so I stayed put and looked on.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2008 02:28

Probably have a 60 min bonus of Clinton..Willis
and Martyyyyyyy doin' Stones slap stick imitations back stage ....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2008 02:44

rehearsals and cut footage can take one disc by themselves, there should be more than enough, factor in interviews and behind the scenes and away we go, it could be a 3 disc set easily

Date: June 3, 2008 02:57

could be indeed, but not a very exciting one...hard to stretch 24 songs played over two nights (even with some repeated) plus several interviews (which dont make for great or repeated viewing) to two discs, let alone three. Especially as some songs were probably left off because they werent happy with the way they were filmed or performed.

Pure overkill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-03 02:58 by Gazza.

Date: June 3, 2008 02:59

yeah but wouldnt you be interested in a rehearsal disc?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 3, 2008 03:05

4 music videos? What? What KIND of music videos? As in, they did something different for the videos? Or they are just 4 videos of them performing the songs live as if they had been intended to be included in the movie?

Date: June 3, 2008 03:08

well it says 4 songs and a feature are included in the extras, which means there is more than that right?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 3, 2008 03:16

melillo
well it says 4 songs and a feature are included in the extras, which means there is more than that right?

I would say no. That is it. If there is also a 2 DVD release then maybe we can expect more... But from the sound of it...all this would fit on one DVD.

Date: June 3, 2008 03:18

melillo
yeah but wouldnt you be interested in a rehearsal disc?

as I recall the rehearsals for the Beacon shows involved Mick blowing out his voice leading to the AC show being postponed and/or (according to whom you believe) Bernard standing in for him half the time, so the answer would be NO, if I'm being honest. Plus, its going to be the same songs they ended up playing anyway.

I actually do like the fly on the wall aspect of rehearsals and find them fascinating, but what was offered on both Four Flicks and Biggest Bang were frustratingly short when they both promised so much in terms of potential.

Date: June 3, 2008 03:20

skipstone
4 music videos? What? What KIND of music videos? As in, they did something different for the videos? Or they are just 4 videos of them performing the songs live as if they had been intended to be included in the movie?

Almost certainly the latter

Date: June 3, 2008 03:33

Wasn't "Fool To Cry" listed in the production notes that were posted on this site a few months back?I'll take the stuff listed there as bonus material.That would be much better than no bonus material.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: June 3, 2008 03:48

were getting the dvd july 29, and you're all whining about it??
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Date: June 3, 2008 03:54

I dont see any 'whining' at all - merely debate about what may or may not be logically included

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 3, 2008 03:57

I can't wait!
PARTY TIME HERE WHEN I GET IT!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: June 3, 2008 04:40

July 29

bring it on

Posted by: BSORocks ()
Date: June 3, 2008 05:42

looks to me like the bonus "music videos" are the live songs from the 1st night - which are the bonus tracks on the CD.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 3, 2008 06:47

Sounds good but (and I'm not a whiner by nature) where is the performance of "Shine A Light"?

Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: June 3, 2008 07:09

Given that Scorsese is a Stones fanatic, I would think he would pack as much of the fan appeasing material into the dvd release as possible. I'm sure that is what he would want on it if someone else had made the movie and he was purchasing it. I was really looking forward to hearing what the Fool To Cry version sounded like. Oh well, at least I will own a copy of an amazing Stones show.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 3, 2008 07:47

Nearly all the DVDs from Martin Scorcese got an special edition with 2 DVDs!

Posted by: kees ()
Date: June 3, 2008 09:25

Add Forth Worth 1978 on disk 2

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home