Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick and Jack White
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: May 15, 2008 17:43

I love these two on Loving Cup. Jack White sounds like a young Keith to me. Does anyone else think so?

Re: Mick and Jack White
Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: May 15, 2008 17:46

That's what I thought...sounded like a young Keith.

PECMAN

Date: May 15, 2008 17:48

Yeah, I really like these two together...

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 15, 2008 17:50

i love the white stripes and the raconteurs. jack white is a great songwriter.
i think loving cup was a good choice, but the sound mix was terrible on that song. no guitars and somehow it just never really kicked in, not enough power from the horn section. but that has nothing to do with jack.

Date: May 16, 2008 16:02

guitarbastard
i love the white stripes and the raconteurs. jack white is a great songwriter.
i think loving cup was a good choice, but the sound mix was terrible on that song. no guitars and somehow it just never really kicked in, not enough power from the horn section. but that has nothing to do with jack.

I don't know any of the White Stripes or Racounteurs music, but I really like him. What do you suggest?

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 16, 2008 16:05

try Icky Thump and Elephant by the White Stripes and both of the Raconteurs album, they are good. winking smiley

it's the sound of rock of the 00s in my opinion. I'm not in love really, but it's listenable winking smiley

Date: May 16, 2008 16:26

Raconteurs has more of a 70s sound IMO. Their last album is a true gem.

Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: May 16, 2008 17:28

Jack White is a musician of debatable quality.
Keith Richards is a GOD.

However young, no, they DON'T sound alike!! NEVER!!

Posted by: Jon Lasa ()
Date: May 16, 2008 17:41

King Snake
Keith Richards is a GOD.

Hi all.

You did say, King Snake.

Posted by: glimmertwin81 ()
Date: May 16, 2008 17:44

jack lost some weight to play with the stones
thats great
now he just needs some new teeth

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 16, 2008 18:15

glimmertwin81
jack lost some weight to play with the stones
thats great
now he just needs some new teeth

Jesus... are you ever going to stop posting such crap?

The Zep thread was fun but I really think "the humans" have had enough of your bullsh*t posts.

Regarding Jack White: The White Stripes are one of the most original bands of all time and the only relevant band of the last ten years IMHO. Jack definitely has done his blues homework and truly worships the Stones. Loving Cup must be one of his favorite songs because when the White Stripes were on tour in 2005 they played that song as a show outro through the PA after each concert had finished.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-16 18:21 by Tornandfrayed.

Posted by: glimmertwin81 ()
Date: May 16, 2008 18:51

dont get me wrong
I like the stripes
my doorbell is a great great tune

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: May 16, 2008 20:09

Jack is very very good. And the last Racounters album is damn good. Loving Cup is an awsome song but it doesn`t work live. Its a studio song in my opinion.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 16, 2008 20:16

My respect for Jack White skyrocketed when they played Ottawa Bluesfest last summer.

They are the only band I've ever seen at the festival to actually adjust their touring setlist to suit the fact that it's a Bluesfest.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 17, 2008 00:43

I am going to give my honest opinion, and this is certainly not meant to anger any fans of ole Jack but I really thought he did a very poor job with Mick on " Lovin Cup", very amatuerish. I thought he looked awkward, afraid to sing with Mick, totally in over his head and it showed. I've seen White Stripes only on video but I really never could see WHY anyone likes them. Garage band at best.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: May 17, 2008 01:12

King Snake
Keith Richards is a GOD.

But I don't think he want to. White Stripes and Raconteurs have sounds of their own, and to me they does NOT sound AT ALL like the Stones or Keith or anything like that. They do different music with different kind of playing and I love both of them.

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: May 17, 2008 17:19

yes garage band at best. and i can´t stand that fake lofi sound just to sound alternative. that´s not good music and also nothing new musically.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 17, 2008 19:08

mickschix
I am going to give my honest opinion, and this is certainly not meant to anger any fans of ole Jack but I really thought he did a very poor job with Mick on " Lovin Cup", very amatuerish. I thought he looked awkward, afraid to sing with Mick, totally in over his head and it showed. I've seen White Stripes only on video but I really never could see WHY anyone likes them. Garage band at best.

I agree! His voice is way to feminine. Not in pitch but in tone. Does he still have his baby teeth??

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 17, 2008 19:39

Personally I do not like Loving Cup in/on SAL. In the movie you can see Jack's excitement and he does seem a bit intimidated. He just doesn't carry it off good at all. It's got energy and excitement but it loses it for me. Maybe if Mick matched Jack's excitement...it could have been better.

I've really just had enough of these duets.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 17, 2008 23:05

WHen it comes to the duets, I don't analyze them too much. I see them as just one-off type of things for fun. I thought Loving Cup worked and made for some fantastic footage early on in the film.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 17, 2008 23:09

A lot of people didn't like Jack White's singing on Loving Cup. I'll admit it did take a couple listens before I came around on it. But it grows on you. I do like Jack White's music. Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes was a good one.

Date: May 20, 2008 04:24

I youtubed Raconteurs and listened to a few songs. They sound pretty good..I will have to listen to more. I love their version of Crazy.

I wasn't thrilled with him in the movie at first either, but after listening to them many times in my car, I am hooked. He reminds me of Keith on this song and I think it sounds great.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 20, 2008 04:27

Overrated. I hear Champagne & Reefer a zillion times over one LC from SAL.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 20, 2008 05:15

I can't wait to see Jack next month

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:01

Lukester
I can't wait to see Jack next month

Where at Lukester? I don't think I've heard you mention it before.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:12

Loving Cup is done great by the Stones - Black Jack spoils it all!

sounds like young Keith??? gimme a break^^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-20 06:14 by open-g.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: May 20, 2008 06:41

mickschix

I am not a fan of Jack White, and it is only becasue I do not know his 2 bands as well as i want to (but am working on that). But the one thing that stuck with me after I saw SAL and was driving home was how the smile never left Jack White's face during that song. That kid was so proud to be up there singing with "Thee" ROLLING STONES and it showed. Over his head? Absolutly!...Awkward? of course!! Amatuerish? OH YES!! And it was fantastic!

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: May 20, 2008 10:01

It was cringe-worthy embarrassing in the movie. Maybe over-the-top hero worship, or something. I like the White Stripes, and I'm so glad he is such a Stones fan, but I thought the blond chick (!) gave the better performance of the two! I think her teeth were better as well.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 20, 2008 10:14

open-g
Loving Cup is done great by the Stones - Black Jack spoils it all!

Agree. Especially in the beginning...moody smiley

Date: May 20, 2008 12:18

He was quite clearly stoned. But he did a good job imo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home