Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Ot: Springsteen setlist
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 14, 2008 02:48

Nanker Phlegm
Cheers , looks like have the super rare issue with the coda smileys with beer

Cheers!

Now, here's hoping he releases the electric Nebraska ....

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 14, 2008 03:23

Does an electric version exist?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 14, 2008 03:32

Supposedly, although its never been bootlegged

Date: July 14, 2008 10:30

LOGIE
Does an electric version exist?

There are meant to be two different versions of Nebraska in the vaults - full band takes of eight of the songs, plus a complete solo re-recording.

Date: July 14, 2008 10:32

Gazza
Supposedly, although its never been bootlegged

I'm still waiting for the country versions of the Tunnel of Love songs to appear.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:28

Anyone in Madrid next Thursday?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:41

Here's the CD cover Bruce signed for me:

[i12.photobucket.com]

And here's the song he played for me and 40 000 else:

[www.megaupload.com]

Sorry about the quality, not the best boot. Anyway the boot is now at Dime and Jungleland. Actually, my brother filmed a video clip of the song which actually has better sound but I haven't had the time to upload it to Tube yet.

He also filmed Murder Inc., Radio Nowhere and clips of other songs.

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 14, 2008 11:46

Hi Topi!

Seems to me we were in the same gig.. as we did last year!!

I did enjoy this one

Date: July 14, 2008 11:54

Hi Wesley!

Where did you sit/stand?

Been wondering which one is bigger, to get two Keef picks in a row (with 4 years between the shows) or this past weekend...

Can't call it!

Posted by: wesley ()
Date: July 14, 2008 12:46

A something.. It was a good place to see the whole thing.

Excuse me, some surprise guests just arrived.

Keep in touch later

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 14, 2008 19:11

Yes, Gazza. There will be another tour...Dublin...Gothenburgh -09. After that...well, that´s another story... (I don´t KNOW it - it´s just my "radar")

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 14, 2008 19:24

I keep on reading this topic and I am sooo jealous, but so happy for you guys who had a chance to see the Boss. I don't know why, but he keeps on avoiding the area where I live (central Europe). The closest place he has ever played is about 800 km from here. I am so sad I didn't make it this year to Hamburg.
Anyway - any thoughts on why he keeps on avoiding the central and eastern Europe? He has never ever played in this region and it would be so easy... I just hope for another tour and I hope he will come somewhere close...

Date: July 14, 2008 20:00

He managed to avoid Finland,too, up until 2003 - and back then I was too cheap to afford both the Stones and Bruce.

Dunno why. Not enough records sold?

He sure likes his Swedes. And the Swedes are crazy for him. There were people lining up for front row nearly TWO WEEKS before the 4th of July Ullevi show! WTF?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-14 20:01 by Topi.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: July 14, 2008 20:27

carlitosbaez

Carlitos
Tenerife

Gazza and myself.....IF that bank job of his comes off.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: July 15, 2008 01:53

He'd be lucky to find any banks with enough money left in them.

Date: July 15, 2008 03:41

Let me know if we meet that day, I am leaving by plane from Here Tenerife to Madrid Tuesday night and coming back on Saturday, we can have some beers or whatever if you like
Please let me know soon, I am leaving Tuesday night,
Carlitos
Tenerife

LOGIE
carlitosbaez

Carlitos
Tenerife

Gazza and myself.....IF that bank job of his comes off.

Date: July 15, 2008 11:22

The Magic Tour Highlights EP is out on iTunes now.

I like half of it - Always A Friend with the underrated Alejandro Escovedo is superb, and Sandy with Danny is great. Lowpoints - any anonymous version of Turn! Turn! Turn! with Roger McGuinn, and the rock take on Ghost of Tom Joad, with Tommy Morello giving it some Rage Against the Machine snotty punk shouty VOCAL! completely robs the song of its spooky subtlety.

Date: July 15, 2008 11:49

I got a hold of the newspaper that had a picture of Bruce getting ready to sign for me. I'm the guy in the leather jacket. Somehow the security guy is smiling and I am making a serious face, it should be the other way around!

[i12.photobucket.com]

Date: July 15, 2008 13:35

Where do we meet in Madrid?
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2008 17:05

Nikolai

I like half of it - Always A Friend with the underrated Alejandro Escovedo is superb, and Sandy with Danny is great. Lowpoints - any anonymous version of Turn! Turn! Turn! with Roger McGuinn, and the rock take on Ghost of Tom Joad, with Tommy Morello giving it some Rage Against the Machine snotty punk shouty VOCAL! completely robs the song of its spooky subtlety.

As much as I love any other version of GOTJ (especially the Seeger Sessions one which was released only on a live promo CD), this one with Morello blows me away. Normally I'm not into guitarwanking solos, but I love this. One of the highlights of the whole tour.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 15, 2008 17:27

Just a few words for "Happy24" (well-I wish I was happy 24/7 too...) I hope he´ll come to your town the next - and maybe the final time (E-street) - and that you can see him then. And there´s a load of boot-dvds to enjoy - and the good side of that is that you can go too the bathroom whenever you want too-you wont lose your place...

Date: July 16, 2008 00:58

Los Angeles, Gibson Amphitheater - A video projection screen drops down center displaying a video montage of the rocker during his early days up until present. The video included his stint as a Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital and a cartoon version of him as the crowd gave a thunderous applause. When you think of him you might grin and giggle but he is no laughing matter. His is a talented musician that kicks ass. At 57, he has more energy than guys half his age and he had more energy than the Eveready bunny. He is obviously the happiest when he is performing in stage and it shows from the very first note until the last encore song, he had the audience mesmerized.

Singing "Affair of the Heart," early on in the set he kicked of the high intensity mood that continued with "I’ve Done Everything For You," "Rock Til You Drop," "What Kind of Fool Am I" "Love Somebody," and "State of the Heart." He performed an amazing guitar solo showing off his virtuoso ability then diving into a bluesy improvisational bluesy guitar vibe.

Moving along into singing "Don’t Talk to Strangers," he was personable thrusting his microphone into the crowd standing below him as members of the audience sang into the mic "Don’t Talk to Strangers." He picked up a darling little 5-year-old boy complete with tiny guitar and headphones as he sang "Don’t Talk to Strangers." It was the cutest thing ever. He definitely knows how to work the crowd. His enthusiasm was contagious.

Girls in the front rows presented him with bouquets of roses, which he graciously accepted then he used them to strum his guitar bathing the stage in rose pedals. The crowd were on their feet during the entire performance but were especially enthusiastic when he played, "Jesus Saves White Trash Baby Like You" as he waived his hands high up in the air.

But the most exciting part of the show has to be when he sang, "Human Touch," where he hopped off the stage into the pit with his wireless guitar and microphone and continued into the crowd sprinting across seats into the loge section causing the crowd into utter pandemonium as they slapped hands with him. he took audience members cell phones talking to unsuspecting lucky individuals on the other end of the line. He also took pictures on crowd members’ phones and made jokes as people in the audience as they grabbed at him. Then he went into a searing rendition of the Who’s "My Generation."

Of course he played 1981 smash hit "Jessie’s Girl," with its unmistakable guitar riff. He is the consummate performer with his uplifting vibe. He truly rocks out.

All and all it was an enjoyable evening. Leaving the amphitheater it was obvious that the crowd had been entertained. The concert was uplifting and would remain a memorable night. He deserves respect and can obviously hold his own. Check him out when he comes to your town. You won’t be disappointed.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 16, 2008 03:23

Gazza
Nikolai

As much as I love any other version of GOTJ (especially the Seeger Sessions one which was released only on a live promo CD), this one with Morello blows me away. Normally I'm not into guitarwanking solos, but I love this. One of the highlights of the whole tour.

Morello's guitar playing is quite good Gazza. I just didn't particularly care for his vocals. Now I know why he has a lead singer in Rage.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: July 16, 2008 18:05

july 15 / San Sebastian, ESP / Estadio Anoeta
Notes: Patti Scialfa returns for the first of four Spanish shows to close the European leg.

Setlist:

Tunnel of Love
Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Out in the Street
The Promised Land
Hungry Heart
Summertime Blues
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Growin' Up
Atlantic City
Prove It All Night
Darlington County
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
Mary's Place
Tougher Than the Rest
Incident on 57th Street
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Bobby Jean
Dancing in the Dark
American Land
Twist and Shout

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-18 10:59 by superglen.

Date: July 16, 2008 19:47

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 16, 2008 20:35

knockyourteethout
Los Angeles, Gibson Amphitheater - A video projection screen drops down center displaying a video montage of the rocker during his early days up until present. The video included his stint as a Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital and a cartoon version of him as the crowd gave a thunderous applause. When you think of him you might grin and giggle but he is no laughing matter. His is a talented musician that kicks ass. At 57, he has more energy than guys half his age and he had more energy than the Eveready bunny. He is obviously the happiest when he is performing in stage and it shows from the very first note until the last encore song, he had the audience mesmerized.

Singing "Affair of the Heart," early on in the set he kicked of the high intensity mood that continued with "I’ve Done Everything For You," "Rock Til You Drop," "What Kind of Fool Am I" "Love Somebody," and "State of the Heart." He performed an amazing guitar solo showing off his virtuoso ability then diving into a bluesy improvisational bluesy guitar vibe.

Moving along into singing "Don’t Talk to Strangers," he was personable thrusting his microphone into the crowd standing below him as members of the audience sang into the mic "Don’t Talk to Strangers." He picked up a darling little 5-year-old boy complete with tiny guitar and headphones as he sang "Don’t Talk to Strangers." It was the cutest thing ever. He definitely knows how to work the crowd. His enthusiasm was contagious.

Girls in the front rows presented him with bouquets of roses, which he graciously accepted then he used them to strum his guitar bathing the stage in rose pedals. The crowd were on their feet during the entire performance but were especially enthusiastic when he played, "Jesus Saves White Trash Baby Like You" as he waived his hands high up in the air.

But the most exciting part of the show has to be when he sang, "Human Touch," where he hopped off the stage into the pit with his wireless guitar and microphone and continued into the crowd sprinting across seats into the loge section causing the crowd into utter pandemonium as they slapped hands with him. he took audience members cell phones talking to unsuspecting lucky individuals on the other end of the line. He also took pictures on crowd members’ phones and made jokes as people in the audience as they grabbed at him. Then he went into a searing rendition of the Who’s "My Generation."

Of course he played 1981 smash hit "Jessie’s Girl," with its unmistakable guitar riff. He is the consummate performer with his uplifting vibe. He truly rocks out.

All and all it was an enjoyable evening. Leaving the amphitheater it was obvious that the crowd had been entertained. The concert was uplifting and would remain a memorable night. He deserves respect and can obviously hold his own. Check him out when he comes to your town. You won’t be disappointed.

What about "Me and Johnny" with it's mention of the Rolling Stones? eye rolling smiley

We were gonna be McCartney clones,
Skipped school to see the Rolling Stones,
And sang their songs on the train on our way home ....

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 18, 2008 10:58

madrid, santiago bernabeu, 17 july

1. Night
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. The Promised Land
5. Spirit in the Night
6. Summertime Blues
7. Brilliant Disguise
8. The River
9. Cover Me
10. Trapped
11. No Surrender
12. Out In The Street
13. Because The Night
14. Cadillac Ranch
15. Living In The Future
16. Mary's Place
17. Tunnel Of Love
18. The Rising
19. Last To Die
20. Long Walk Home
21. Badlands
--------------------------------------------------------
22. Jungleland
23. Seven Nights To Rock
24. Born To Run
25. Bobby Jean
26. Dancing In The Dark
27. American Land
28. Twist And Shout

Date: July 20, 2008 13:24

Dios mio!!
what a great show last thursday in Madrid, more in hours, arrived yesterday from
Madrid,

carlitos
tenerife

Date: July 20, 2008 20:00

Barcelona , July 19th last night

July 19, 2008
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou

No Surrender
Radio Nowhere
Out In The Street
The Promised Land
Hungry Heart { lyrics }
Summertime Blues
Brilliant Disguise { lyrics }
The River { lyrics }
Atlantic City { lyrics }
Candy's Room { lyrics }
Janey Don't You Lose Heart { lyrics }
Waitin' On A Sunny Day { lyrics }
Backstreets { lyrics }
Because The Night { lyrics }
Livin' In The Future { lyrics }
Mary's Place { lyrics }
Tunnel of Love { lyrics }
The Rising { lyrics }
Last To Die { lyrics }
Long Walk Home { lyrics }
Badlands { lyrics }

Jungleland { lyrics }
Born To Run { lyrics }
Bobby Jean { lyrics }
Glory Days { lyrics }
Dancing In The Dark { lyrics }
American Land { lyrics }
Twist And Shout

Date: July 20, 2008 20:01

Javier Bardem, amazing Spanish actor, No country for old men, and other films introducing the Boss last Thursday in Madrid, Santiago Bernabeu

Check the video..

Carlitos
Tenerife

[www.rtve.es]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home