Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Ot: Springsteen setlist
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 27, 2008 20:53

rooster
This version of''Backstreets'' that they did the other night in florida...can we hear it?

You can download the show on dimeadozen here :
[www.dimeadozen.org]

or on Jungleland here :
[jungleland.dnsalias.com]

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 27, 2008 21:00

Thanks a lot Gazza and cheers!smileys with beer

Date: April 27, 2008 21:10

man i cant wait! you was there Gazza? Did you heard the show?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 27, 2008 21:13

rooster, check out this site for lots o' Bruce boots.

[btxmp3index.freeforums.org]

Date: April 27, 2008 21:14

God, no - I'm in the UK. I've five Bruce shows this summer but all of them in Europe.

Date: April 27, 2008 21:16

So thanks Elmo....i always loved Springsteen...but lately its like the fever i ...thanks (igrew up with Winterland)smileys with beer

Date: April 27, 2008 21:20

Gazza
God, no - I'm in the UK. I've five Bruce shows this summer but all of them in Europe.
My last tour was ''the rising'''i have to go...man he is taking risk...he should advice the RSdrinking smiley

Date: April 27, 2008 23:20

'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-28 09:28 by rooster.

Date: April 27, 2008 23:57

4thsmileys with beer of July...great!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 28, 2008 02:09

Elmo Lewis
Great show Friday night in Atlanta - only a few nits to pick - he has dropped "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" since Danny's passing. It is my favorite on Magic.

Also, the opener of "Reason To Believe" was a poor choice IMHO. I'd have preferred a more rocking song - "The Ties That Bind", "Two Hearts" etc.

The encores of "Thunder", "BTRun", "Rosalita", and "10th Ave." were followed by "American Land" - a bit of a let down after that run of classics. Still, by all accounts a fabulous show.

Nice tribute to Phantom Dan at the beginning with a slide show of Dan as "Blood Brothers" played. The whole band was tight as usual. "Blinded By The Light" was a pleasant surpise as were "Bobby Jean" and "No Surrender". smiling smiley

Little bit of a muddled sound for the first 4-5 songs - unusual for Bruce (the perfectionist).

The beer was too expensive $13.50 for 2 Bud Lights! drinking smiley

Elmo $13.50 for 2 Bud Lights ain't bad. That's barely enough for 1 out here. Glad ya enjoyed the show.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 28, 2008 02:28

sweetcharmedlife
Elmo Lewis
Great show Friday night in Atlanta - only a few nits to pick - he has dropped "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" since Danny's passing. It is my favorite on Magic.

Also, the opener of "Reason To Believe" was a poor choice IMHO. I'd have preferred a more rocking song - "The Ties That Bind", "Two Hearts" etc.

The encores of "Thunder", "BTRun", "Rosalita", and "10th Ave." were followed by "American Land" - a bit of a let down after that run of classics. Still, by all accounts a fabulous show.

Nice tribute to Phantom Dan at the beginning with a slide show of Dan as "Blood Brothers" played. The whole band was tight as usual. "Blinded By The Light" was a pleasant surpise as were "Bobby Jean" and "No Surrender". smiling smiley

Little bit of a muddled sound for the first 4-5 songs - unusual for Bruce (the perfectionist).

The beer was too expensive $13.50 for 2 Bud Lights! drinking smiley

Elmo $13.50 for 2 Bud Lights ain't bad. That's barely enough for 1 out here. Glad ya enjoyed the show.

Let's face it SCL, we live in California, the land of rich liberals, so that's why we pay more than $10 a beer, (lol).

Date: April 28, 2008 03:00

Tell me about it Bluz. My Springsteen mini-tour was fairly reasonable money wise.....Until I got to the OC. Apparently somebody forgot to tell them their's a recession going on.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-28 03:01 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 28, 2008 03:05

SCL, I'm curious, I've never been to a show at the Honda center in Anaheim (or whatever it's called now) because I heard their sound sucks, what was your experience?

Date: April 28, 2008 03:12

BluzDude
SCL, I'm curious, I've never been to a show at the Honda center in Anaheim (or whatever it's called now) because I heard their sound sucks, what was your experience?

Well I was stuck up in the nosebleeds for that one as oppossed to being on the floor for Sac and SJ. Needless to say the sound is much better on the floor. But it wasn't too bad at the Honda. Or as someone else called it. The Ponda center.lol

Note to Elmo,the Atlanta show is already up on BTX.thumbs up

Date: April 28, 2008 03:41

Thanks for letting me know, charmed. Every thing you said about the show (excellent, yada yada yada) was true. Be cool.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: April 28, 2008 08:48

Just got back. I'm on cloud nine. Got into the pit. I'm at a loss of words. Lot of great moments. Here's the setlist:

1 SOULS OF THE DEPARTED Tour Premiere
2 radio nowhere
3 night
4 promised land
5 WILD BILLYS CIRCUS STORY Tour premiere
6 reason to believe
7 gypsy biker
8 candys room
9 prove it all night
10 shes the one
11 living in the future
12 darlington county
13 girls in their summer clothes
14 lost in the flood
15 devils arcade
16 the rising
17 last to die
18 long walk home
19 badlands

20 thunder road
21 kittys back
22 born to run
23 dancin in the dark
24 american land

Date: April 28, 2008 14:04

Nice selection of songs to take the number played this tour to over 100. I hope I get 'Wild Billy's Circus Story' !

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: April 28, 2008 15:55

this is the complete list of the 101 songs played so far on tour.

(so far, bruce and the band have played 65 shows since september 2007)

Blinded By The Light
Spirit In The Night
For You
Its Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Growin Up
Lost In The Flood
Does This Bus Stop at 82nd St
Wild Billy

E Street Shuffle
Sandy
Kitty's Back
Incident on 57th st
Rosalita

Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She's The One
Meeting Across The River
Jungleland

Badlands
Adam Raised A Cain
Something In The Night
Candy's Room
Racing in The Street
The Promised land
Streets Of Fire
Prove It All Night
Darkness…..

The Ties That Bind
Sherry Darling
Jackson Cage
Two Hearts
Independence Day
Out in The Street
You Can look
The River
Point Blank
Cadillac Ranch
Ramrod

Detroit Medley

Atlantic City
Reason To Believe
State Trooper

Born In The USA
Darlington County
Working On The Highway
No Surrender
Bobby Jean
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
My Hometown

Santa Claus

Trapped
Because The Night
Fire

Tougher Than The Rest
Tunnel Of Love
Brilliant Disguise

Light Of Day

Souls of the Departed

Murder Inc
This Hard Land
Blood Brothers

The Ghost Of Tom Joad
Youngstown

Thundercrack
So Young and In Love
Loose Ends
Be True
Cynthia
janey Don’t You Lose Heart
rendezvous

Lonesome Day
Waitin On A Sunny Day
Empty Sky
The Rising

None But The Brave
Code Of Silence

American Land
Buffalo Gals

Radio Nowhere
You'll be Coming Down
Livin In The Future
Your Own Worst Enemy
Gypsy Biker
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
I'll Work For Your Love
Magic
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Devils Arcade
Terry's Song

Town Called Heartbreak

Keep The Car Runnin'
Always a Friend
All Just To Get To You
I'll Fly Away
Turn Turn Turn
Mr Tambourine Man

notable features: we've already had a full born to run album played live, and almost full darkness and greetings.
another notable thing is that the keyboard player charlie giordano only joined the band at the end of november 2007, so basically he had to learn hundreds of songs from scratch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-28 15:56 by superglen.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: April 28, 2008 16:35

I know this is off topic, but since this is a Stones board, I thought I would weigh in here on the comparison between the two regarding set lists.

Bruce does vary his set list A LOT more than the Stones, yet the Stones in comparison to the Who's recent tour and many other artists, at least deviate anywhere from one-four numbers a night. As many of you know, Mick likes to keep his opener the same most nights, or at least as long as the venue type remains the same i.e. stadium v. arena v. theatre. In addition, there will always be around six or seven closing numbers that we affectionately call warhorses. That is not going to change, and I for one don't want it to change. These warhorses build momentum for the majority of the audience until it is at its highest pitch by the closing number and or encore. In my opinion, no one knows better how to generate excitement from an audience other than the greatest front man of all time, Mick Jagger. ( Iknow Chuck has a lot to do with the setlists, but he takes cues from Mick and has learned how best to put one together from Mick) Many of us may like to see the Stones end a show with Moonlight Mile once in a while or some other nugget rarely played and never a show ender, but the VAST majority of the audience would be like, "huh, what is that? Are they finished"?

Bruce has one constant in his shows, he will either end the main set or include in the encore "Born to Run." Outside of that there is no constant, which also adds a lot of excitement since many in his audience (at least on the East Coast of U.S.) have seen him several times over the span of his career. I would love to have seen him play "Jungeland" (never have). The thing I don't like about Bruce's shows is the pace. It is very difficult for someone who plays as long as he does to play at such a feverish pace, but there are definite lulls in some of his shows. He doesn't seem to mind, because he is an artist and plays what he wants to and will eventually excite the audience with something since he plays more songs in a night than most artists and has so many great tunes in his library. With that said, I have seen him end shows with many a slow number and it's like he's saying, "Ok, I'm spent, I hope you had fun and had your ears and mind open to what I said and sang and that it will make a difference in your life." Powerful message, but nonetheless, I like to leave a show pumped up and at several of his shows, he concludes not with an "anthem" or even just a rocker, but with a slow tempo love song or song about heartache, or a message song he wants to deliver before leaving.

These of course are just my experiences with him and his band in concert. Solo, I could understand his shows ending this way. With a raucous band, like the one he has, he should finish on a high like the E Street Band is very capable of doing.

To end a long story, simply put, the Stones set list could always be a couple of numbers longer and a little more diverse for us on the board, but the vast majority of the audience at their shows do not visit this board and like the setlists as they are. Bruce's fans and his website probably like the way he does his setlists and that's fine.

Date: April 28, 2008 17:06

well, actually on this current tour he has only 5 constants:

1) somewhere near the end of the start of the set he'll play radio nowhere
2) in the middle he'll play she's the one and promised land
3) towards the end he'll play badlands
4) in the encore he'll play BTR
5) he'll end the show with american land

the other 20 or so songs will change almost nightly.

Date: April 28, 2008 17:25

i've seen him in milan last november, and he played a "obscure" setlist. all the hits were put in the encore

i've seen him in paris in december, and he played a "greatest hits" setlist.

i've had a helluva time both nights.

Date: April 28, 2008 18:17

glen

Did you get that list from a post on greasylake by any chance? LOL

Date: April 28, 2008 18:27

yes gazza
it' accurate

Date: April 28, 2008 18:38

Thought so. It was me who posted it there. Good to see someone was interested enough to check it. LOL

Date: April 28, 2008 18:41

oh you did it?
cool!
normally I use the spl stats but they are not up to date
I'm seeing the boss in milan and paris in june
can't wait
btw: the paris december show was mindblowing...one of the best I've seen by any artist...sheer perfection

Date: April 29, 2008 03:28

superglen
i've seen him in milan last november, and he played a "obscure" setlist. all the hits were put in the encore

i've seen him in paris in december, and he played a "greatest hits" setlist.

i've had a helluva time both nights.

Exactly.thumbs upcool smiley

Date: April 29, 2008 03:36

Well Lukester's turn tonight and a surprise right off the bat. Roulette as the opener. A tour premiere I think.

Date: April 29, 2008 03:52

Let us know, as soon as you feel like it, Lukester!

Date: April 29, 2008 06:13

This was an excellent opener in Charlotte! It blew away, I was beyond amazed. If I find video from Charlotte, I will post it here

Date: April 29, 2008 06:37

Does anyone know where this is at?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home