Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Anyone bored of the Current Stones....
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 4, 2008 19:23

yes, I'm bored as hell.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 5, 2008 13:13

not really bored, but the fascination fades away. they just don´t sound and play good anymore. i got bored when i first saw SAL, but i don´t like concert movies anyway.
10 years ago keith was my ultimate hero, these days i am only interested in mick and am actually more interested in his solo work - music and film.
but could please anybody tell him not to have his mouth wide open when he gets pictured.

what mick will do next is still interesting to me, but i don´t expect anything from keith or the rolling stones anymore.

nevertheless as long as they are there, i will buy records and tickets.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 5, 2008 13:16

Poor you,stoneswashed77.Looks like it hurts.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 5, 2008 14:11

no i am not poor cause there are so many exciting things in this world, it´s just not the current rolling stones.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 5, 2008 14:18

if you like them, they´re great. I really love them. But on the other hand, and to be serious, they´re getting old and some of them are much older than their age but anyway, I love them and i really like them. keep on keeping on

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: April 5, 2008 14:28

Bored of Stone? no way! I love the SAL soundtrack!!!

Posted by: Jocke ()
Date: April 5, 2008 15:54

I found out yesterday that Shine A Light won't come to the cinemas in Växjö....)=

Date: April 5, 2008 15:56

Sry, wrong thread

Date: April 5, 2008 15:58

Elmo Lewis
Still head and shoulders above the competition.

That said, the band these days seems to promote itself, setlists, pre-show atmosphere, etc. like any other band instead of being "The Rolling Stones".

Of course, I'd like to see some of the same stuff as many of you - More playing and less posing from the guitarists, Mick and Keith singing in the same mike, a few of the warhorses put out to pasture (send YGMR to the glue factory), less people on stage, etc.

Still head and shoulders above the competition.

Posing?
Doesnt really every rock guitarist pose??

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 5, 2008 16:11

Never a problem with currants ...But them apricot stones sure can knock ya teeth and jaw around...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 5, 2008 16:12

I never really got that posing-thing, please exlpain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-05 16:13 by Jocke.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: April 5, 2008 16:41

Well the current Stones are the only Stones we've got and we should be thankful that they're still around.
Hell my wife sometimes gets bored with me! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-05 16:43 by ROLLINGSTONE.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 5, 2008 16:47

Jocke
I never really got that posing-thing, please exlpain.

HUH? Been to recent (post 1989) Stones show? Ronnie and Keith vogue more than Madonna!

Date: April 5, 2008 17:52

vogue?? Sry, Im swedishwinking smiley

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: April 5, 2008 18:05

Not bored, but realise that my heroes are kind of fading away. Their skills as musicians were far better only a few years ago. But I still love them, and will do as long as I live. It's going to be a strange world when the Stones decide to call it a day.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: April 5, 2008 18:07

Whats the difference between Micks "dances" and Keiths leg kicking...

Date: April 5, 2008 18:10

Jocke
Whats the difference between Micks "dances" and Keiths leg kicking...

Recovery time? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: April 5, 2008 19:02

I'm not bored, but the SAL soundtrack was indeed a bit of a disappointment. The first cd is quite good; but the second, exception made for two-three songs at the most (Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, and maybe Start Me Up) is really tough to listen to - at times even a little embarrassing. As the Austin and Rio shows prove, they can do a hell of a lot better than that.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: April 5, 2008 19:06

What about nectarine stones Rockman, they rip ya mouth to shreds

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 5, 2008 20:21

Whenever I read about the Stones, all I seem to come across is attendance figures, gross returns, dollar profits and the number of trucks it takes to carry their gear around.

When I actually listen to them, all I seem to hear is Chuck, Lisa, Blondie and a few duff chord changes; and on watching them, all I seem to see is fancy lights, big screens and Mick's aerobics.

The magic was lost years'ago, and yes, at times it can actually get boring, especially when they're hyping something to death like they are at the moment.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 5, 2008 20:26

I'm bored with having to pay increasingly big bucks for their shows - £165 or $330 a ticket last year in London. For three shows that's a crazy $990. No other band charges as much. Plus the set lists for the 40 Licks and ABB tours were really similar. It's fleecing the fans. I don't expect them to make another killer album but at least live wise they could change the set list round or take a risk on playing some of the more obscure stuff.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 5, 2008 20:28

LOGIE
The magic was lost years'ago, and yes, at times it can actually get boring, especially when they're hyping something to death like they are at the moment.

If the Stones are so boring why are you posting on this message board? Just to let us know how smart you are by noticing that's it's not 1969 anymore?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: April 5, 2008 20:29

I love ABB and still love the Stones live. I do, however, criticize the sloppy guitar work, Kieth insisting on playing lead over Ronnie.

And, and, and set lists and ticket prices!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 5, 2008 20:48

lamemodem2
If the Stones are so boring why are you posting on this message board? Just to let us know how smart you are by noticing that's it's not 1969 anymore?

You think it's nicer to only read posts praising the Rolling Stones ?
It would be the dullest message board imaginable if there were only one point of view here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-05 21:13 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: April 5, 2008 21:05

Totally.

No interest in going back to ABB cd and listening more.

SAL, some good songs some terrible.

Seriously I can't listen to Keith doing sloppy, out of tune CB licks anymore....a lead is suppose to be an enjoyable break of guitar showmanship or something that draws on the mood and feel of a song.....I cringe every time I hear Keith's leads.

It is especially irritating now that Ronnie is sober and playing so well and yet Keith's ego won't let Ronnie take leads he use to have or let him have the 2nd lead if there is one.

Call it Keith bashing I am just answering the question......

That being said I recently made a CD of Stones MP3 taking no more then 2 songs from every album from Sticky Fingers to Dirty Work.....listen to it all the time.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: April 5, 2008 21:05

lamemodem2
LOGIE

I know that it's not 1969 anymore...but it isn't 1999 either, such is the fall in standards in recent years.

And anyway, what's up with a bit of criticism here and there? What is it you want on these discussion boards?

Sycophancy?

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 5, 2008 22:15

As I listen to excerpts from the SAL soundtrack, my answer is no, I'm not bored with the current Stones.

To Logie, sycophancy isn't expected, but it is apparent that fan boards of this sort do generate a high amount of hypercriticism. Some of it is perhaps warranted, but most of it isn't. It almost seems as if some fans want to outdo each other in "creative slagging", which is occasionally humorous, but usually it's ludricrous.

Date: April 5, 2008 22:26

bassplayer617
As I listen to excerpts from the SAL soundtrack, my answer is no, I'm not bored with the current Stones.

To Logie, sycophancy isn't expected, but it is apparent that fan boards of this sort do generate a high amount of hypercriticism. Some of it is perhaps warranted, but most of it isn't. It almost seems as if some fans want to outdo each other in "creative slagging", which is occasionally humorous, but usually it's ludricrous.

I agree with you 100%. The Stones seem to have become a side issue as fans attempt to devalue/mock each others opinions and at times become just plain aggressive and rude. The sniping on the site at the moment seems to be worse than when there's a full-blown tour in progress! Can't surely have been triggered by a simple movie can it?

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: April 5, 2008 22:28

if they had stopped in 1980 there would have been no tattoo you, undercover or a bigger bang and millions of people would never have saw them in concert.

im glad they made a come back in 1989 and continued with more songs and tours.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 5, 2008 22:49

LOGIE

What is it you want on these discussion boards?

Something interesting. I'm board with the "Stones suck now ... SAL is the worst live album ever ... I'm bored ..." threads. Those are opinions, not criticism. And while opions are more than welcome, you and plenty of others aren't saying anything new. I get it. It's not 1969 and the band can't play Sympathy, etc. like they used to. Thanks for the piercing insight.

Is it really so hard to enjoy SAL? Is there nothing of value on the CD in your eyes?

I know what you are saying. I hear it too. But I also hear a lot that makes me smile. A lot that makes me remember why I love the Rolling Stones.

I would much rather it be the way that it is with the Stones than the way it is with Led Zeppelin. So Mick, etc. have lost a step or two. Did you expect them not too? I feel sorry for those that can't enjoy what they have and only focus on what they don't.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-05 22:58 by lamemodem2.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2104
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home