Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Exitable...
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 4, 2008 03:54

I am trying to get excited, but it just isn-t happening....I was much more happy about getting a ticket for the Raconteurs at the 9:30 in DC

See y'all there....

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-06 19:24 by stone-relics.

Re: Anyone bored of the Current Stones....
Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 04:12

Sorry to hear stone-relics. I'm enjoying the band as much as ever. Love ABB & on my 1st few listens I am enjoying SAL. That Charlie still whacks the shit out of his drums.....

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 4, 2008 04:17

As much as I hate to say it, I hearya on this one. The SAL soundtrack was a bit of a letdown, after all those great reviews. The sound is good, and I like a few of the never-before-on-a-live-album tracks, but the band is sloppy and the sound is definitely getting a bit boring, I must say, a bit tired. Chuck's piano-overplaying has got to be addressed and stopped. The Shattered ending is a mess, as is Keith's Sympathy solo... Little T+A has about four chorus' too many, and I could go on. I'm just sad about it, as I was hoping to keep this one in my cd player for a while, but like you said, it just isn't happening.

I wish I could disagree, and say "No way!" but after two listens, I'm done w/ SAL. For a while, anyway.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 4, 2008 04:20

I should say, however, I AM totally looking forward to the movie... I may have quite different feelings about the cd after that...

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: April 4, 2008 04:35

I see my neighbors who are in their mid-60's and they are pretty boring. If the Stones were my neighbors, I'd look incredibly boring and I'm nowhere near 60.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 05:54

stone-relics
I am trying to get excited, but it just isn-t happening....I was much more happy about getting a ticket for the Raconteurs at the 9:30 in DC

See y'all there....

JR

Then stop posting on this board.

Posted by: jhat111 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 06:02

i do tend to agree with the review that touched on mick's performance now-a-days as being more about an aerobic workout than about the music....i think he could focus a little more on the interpretations of the songs instead of his physical prowess....just a thought

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 4, 2008 07:38

Love 'em. Great band.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 4, 2008 07:44

try smoking a little pot and listening to SAL again...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 4, 2008 08:11

Not getting SAL until Monday and I don't smoke pot.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 4, 2008 10:15

i was suggesting it for those who were complaining...tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 4, 2008 10:35

I've decided not to go to a theatre to watch SAL but to wait for the DVD. But, in my defense, a friend of mine has a little cinema at home so....
I would have gone if they had shown it at the Imax in Amsterdam, but they won't apparently.
But it's not that I can't wait to see it. I'd rather see them live (in a club, nice setlist, Jade sitting next to me,Charlie giving me his drum sticks,...)

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 11:15

I haven't seen SAL yet, but I have just seen SAITAMA. Wow! Fantastic band! Never seen better Midnight Rambler. The whole show was great. The Budapest gig was awsome, too (in 42 Celsius).

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 4, 2008 11:24

Isn't this thread poitless?

No reasons given why your bored with the stones?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 4, 2008 11:34

I haven't seen SAL yet, but I have just seen SAITAMA. Wow! Fantastic band! Never seen better Midnight Rambler. The whole show was great. The Budapest gig was awsome, too (in 42 Celsius).

Yeah, our heroes really delivered in Budapest... it was hot hot hot, but Keith looked much better and I loved when he re-started Rough Justice. Tumbling Dice and especially You Can't Always get What You Want were awesome!!! And what a crowd!

Bored of the Stones? NO WAY!!!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 4, 2008 11:49

He who bored of the Stones is bored for life. You need to get your skinny arse down to your local multiplex and bathe in the wonderment that is Shine a Light.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 4, 2008 11:54

NickB
He who bored of the Stones is bored for life. You need to get your skinny arse down to your local multiplex and bathe in the wonderment that is Shine a Light.

and on your way down there, have a punt on Tumbling Dice
for The National

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 12:03

"Yeah, our heroes really delivered in Budapest... it was hot hot hot, but Keith looked much better and I loved when he re-started Rough Justice. Tumbling Dice and especially You Can't Always get What You Want were awesome!!! And what a crowd!"

I was there with my wife and my four kids. My three sons (age: 8, 10, 13) and my daughter (12) are huge Stones fans. We are never bored to watch SAITAMA or BIGGEST BANG again and again! (when my wife is not at home).
Yes the Budapest crowd was not bad, many young peaple were amazed how great were The Rolling Stones in 2007!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 4, 2008 15:26

I love the SAL soundtrack!! The sound is awesome - the best capture of their current live sound yet.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 4, 2008 15:32

little queenie
try smoking a little pot and listening to SAL again...

LOL!

smoking smiley

I'd rather have Stones Lite than No Stones.

I've come to terms with how they are now. I don't expect them to sound like '78 anymore. Hell, I don't expect them to sound like '89 anymore.

I mean, I'm not gonna shell out big bucks to see them next time, but I'll keep getting their stuff, and PREY they open the vaults and release Ladied and Gents on DVD, or pull a Zeppelin and dig out some great shows from their Days of Awesomeness!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 4, 2008 15:57

I will hang myself if I hear Ronnies tinkety tinkety notes on JJF one more time. I know,they were there on the studio recording but this is torture. Now back to the gym, have to prove to Im in better shape than Mick. It's not easy, I mean, I look fantastic, but he's in really good shape.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:08

Your complaining that the Stones are replicating the sound on the record and that Jagger in good shape for 64????

How strange....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:42

Still head and shoulders above the competition.

That said, the band these days seems to promote itself, setlists, pre-show atmosphere, etc. like any other band instead of being "The Rolling Stones".

Of course, I'd like to see some of the same stuff as many of you - More playing and less posing from the guitarists, Mick and Keith singing in the same mike, a few of the warhorses put out to pasture (send YGMR to the glue factory), less people on stage, etc.

Still head and shoulders above the competition.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:46

LA FORUM
I will hang myself if I hear Ronnies tinkety tinkety notes on JJF one more time. I know,they were there on the studio recording but this is torture. Now back to the gym, have to prove to Im in better shape than Mick. It's not easy, I mean, I look fantastic, but he's in really good shape.

I'd rather recommend gym practise for strength & health instead of some bodybuildin' phoney.
Forget the mirrors, they are only there so one can check one's posture smiling smiley

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:48

The critics are right. On paper The Stones are boring as fook. I haven't liked the last two albums, and the boots from the Bang tour were so damn boring I didn't bother listening to them after a few songs.

BUT there is really nothing quite like being at a Stones concert. For a couple of hours you're communing with one of the greatest rock n roll bands in the world. Yeah, Richards' playing is sloppy, and yeah, Mick's performance is a two hour aerobic workout, but guess what? I LOVE IT!!!!

So to the naysayers, if you don't like it, save your $500 or spend it on something else. Don't go. Don't bother. No one's forcing you to see a bunch of old guys wipe the floor with bands a third their age.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:51

Nikolai

BUT there is really nothing quite like being at a Stones concert. For a couple of hours you're communing with one of the greatest rock n roll bands in the world. Yeah, Richards' playing is sloppy, and yeah, Mick's performance is a two hour aerobic workout, but guess what? I LOVE IT!!!!

So to the naysayers, if you don't like it, save your $500 or spend it on something else. Don't go. Don't bother. No one's forcing you to see a bunch of old guys wipe the floor with bands a third their age.

Just right, Nikolai! I'm not interested in many latter day live boots - too similar, but the shows themselves are the most fun one can have with one's clothes on!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-04 19:35 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 4, 2008 16:56

jamesfdouglas
Hell, I don't expect them to sound like '89 anymore.

Thank christ they don't sound like 89 anymore, I think ABB is much better then Steel Wheels and I didn't like that slick sound on the 89 tour, I will take the 'sloppy' present day sound over that.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 4, 2008 19:17

"Then stop posting on this board."

Why should he? Because he is not enamoured with the current incarnation of the band? Neither am I for that matter but there are plenty of topics of interest regarding the Stones besides their activities circa 2008. Over 40 years worth in fact.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-04 19:18 by ChrisM.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 4, 2008 19:20

yeah little queenie, pass it over to me !

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 4, 2008 19:20

They should have stopped in 1980 after they did the Emotional Rescue tour...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home