Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith comment's on Mick's sexsuality.
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 31, 2008 16:40

From Perez Hilton:

"I really have no idea if anyone ever shoved it up the shitter. I'm not there watching it every day. But there was, at the time, a load of excruciatingly painful campness that went on."

- Keith Richards to British GQ, on Mick Jagger's "sexuality"

OUCHeye popping smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: Keith comment's on Mick's sexsuality.
Date: March 31, 2008 16:41

ot: when i say i hate people like perez hilton, am i saying something unfair ?

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:01

i remember keith talking to Q Magazine in 1994 about him and mick and whether they'd ever gotten it on. Keiths comment was something like

'naw, the second hole from the back of the neck is the one you want....'

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:12

Almost as though were back in the playground circa 1974

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:17

I think the whole world seems more interested in Mick's sexuality than Mick himself. All Keith did in answering that question is prove he has the mouth of a sailor.

Re: Keith comments
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 31, 2008 17:28

... if these magazines didn't want to hear what Keith had to say about it, then why did they ask him about it?

in that 1994 Q what he said is that he doesn't fancy bum, at least not male bum.
the countdown from the nape of the neck was just an aside - passing along a helpful hint
from his grandfather or some such.

my favourite though is when someone asked him if he'd ever had sex with Mick
and he said "i'd rather fvck a puddle" :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 17:30 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 31, 2008 18:40

I'm sure with sssoul will help me out with the accuracy on this one but isn't there a reference in Marianne's 1st book about her and Mick staying with Keith who was in the room next door. And Marianne suggested that Mick would rather be @#$%& Keith than her. Something like that.

Date: March 31, 2008 18:44

i haven't read Marianne's books, Silver Dagger, but i read something just recently -
in the sidebar to that april 08 Uncut interview, maybe? -
about Marianne saying that while having sex Mick would fantasize out loud about Keith.
didn't surprise me in the least, i have to say :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-31 18:47 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: March 31, 2008 19:39

with sssoul
i haven't read Marianne's books, Silver Dagger, but i read something just recently -
in the sidebar to that april 08 Uncut interview, maybe? -
about Marianne saying that while having sex Mick would fantasize out loud about Keith.
didn't surprise me in the least, i have to say :E

Wow! That's creepy but I think it's just beitterness from her part speaking louder.

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: March 31, 2008 19:49

From Perez Hilton:

"I really have no idea if anyone ever shoved it up the shitter. I'm not there watching it every day. But there was, at the time, a load of excruciatingly painful campness that went on."

- Keith Richards to British GQ, on Mick Jagger's "sexuality"

Tony Sanchez told that MT's wife Rose Millar found Jagger in bed with MTaylor and she got angry with her husband for a long time about this..
Just gossip I presume.

Posted by: textmonkey ()
Date: March 31, 2008 20:07

with sssoul- passing along a helpful hint from his grandfather or some such.[/quote

jesus - some grandfather! I thought the 'aside' was the funniest thing in the interview.

Date: April 1, 2008 11:55

Then again there's all that Jagger and Bowie campness too. Mick being Mick (and one never to miss a sales trick) camped it up something rotten from about 73 when he felt threatened by the new garde of glam rockers led by Bowie. And unfortunately this marked the demise of the Stones as a serious rock band and the beginning of their self-parodying period. You can almost trace it back to the songs Star Star and Dancing With Mr D. From then on the Stones were never the same again - still great but never recapturing that rock edge they had from 68-72.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 1, 2008 12:04

"Jagger in bed with MTaylor"

Any vibrato involved?

Date: April 1, 2008 12:30

>> unfortunately this marked the demise of the Stones as a serious rock band
and the beginning of their self-parodying period.<<

smile: actually some people view that as the period when Mick "shouldered the leadership of the band", don't they?
and ... [scratching head] ... isn't there another Stone whose 70s image inspires generations of would-be imitators??
or am i confused again (probably!) smoking smiley

all right all right, i will park the levity outside, sorry! 1973-74 was not an easy spell for my Stonesfandom either.
as i've said before, for me Keith's tooth was the main sign of hope that the Rolling Stones
were still in there somewhere, under the layers of glitz.

Date: April 1, 2008 12:44

I hardly think you can blame Mick being camp for the demise of the band. If so, why hadn't the band crumbled years before. In interviews and footage dating right back to 1963 you can clearly see that Mick is not a macho guy. Marianne Faithfull talked about his bisexuality in her excellent book and even claims this was one reason she found Mick attractive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-01 12:51 by iamthedj.

Date: April 1, 2008 12:48

ablett

Any vibrato involved?

Hilarious. Not sure about the vibrato but there could have been some slide action.

Date: April 1, 2008 12:59

all right all right, i will park the levity outside, sorry! 1973-74 was not an easy spell for my Stonesfandom either.
as i've said before, for me Keith's tooth was the main sign of hope that the Rolling Stones were still in there somewhere, under the layers of glitz.[/quote]

When did he get it fixed - 78 sometime? So it was a Samson like situation. Once Keith got his decayed tooth fixed The Stones polished up their sound and, to paraphrase Anita in Performance,lost their demon.

Re: Keith's tooth
Date: April 1, 2008 13:25

>> When did he get it fixed <<

at the very end of 74 (see the Faces concert he guested at in December 74),
so you'll need to revise your Samsonite Theory ... i think it needed some work anyway smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-04-01 13:27 by with sssoul.

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: April 2, 2008 23:41

ablett

Any vibrato involved?

Or a bottleneck...

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: April 3, 2008 00:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-24 06:51 by parislocksmith.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 3, 2008 01:17

I heard about mick in bed with bowie, but the taylor story is news to me

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 3, 2008 04:24

Yeah supposidly Angela Bowie walked in on Jagger and Bowie in the middle of sex. Was in her memoir...which she was barred for writing for several years after her divorce, it was in the settlement that she wouldn't write a memoir until ten (something like that) years after the divorce.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 3, 2008 09:03

Silver Dagger
Then again there's all that Jagger and Bowie campness too. Mick being Mick (and one never to miss a sales trick) camped it up something rotten from about 73 when he felt threatened by the new garde of glam rockers led by Bowie. And unfortunately this marked the demise of the Stones as a serious rock band and the beginning of their self-parodying period. You can almost trace it back to the songs Star Star and Dancing With Mr D. From then on the Stones were never the same again - still great but never recapturing that rock edge they had from 68-72.

So all this talk about 1978 bein'outstandin' is just bs talk then? :-O

Date: April 3, 2008 14:26

Baboon Bro
Silver Dagger

So all this talk about 1978 bein'outstandin' is just bs talk then? :-O

In my opinion, yeah. Sure 78 was good, compared to later tours but it was the start of that rattle them out at speed stadium era that has lasted until today. Don't know if you ever saw the Stones in the early 70s but they had a real sense of majesty then, never rushing the songs. From 78 they became more calculating. The ramshackle rock'n'roll sound that was so endearing was replaced with a slickness and an eye for mass effect on a stadium size crowd.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 3, 2008 15:37

"Campness" was cool in the early to mid seventies. Simple as that.
Pretending to be gay was almost a fashion statement in itself.
The singer in the band I was in at the time jumped on the same annoying band wagon.

Date: April 3, 2008 15:48

"Campness" is much more accepted in Europe than in America, I think. Perhaps Mick realised this and decided to tone it down a little and not offend their biggest market.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 3, 2008 19:30

lets face it, mick had sex with men in the 70s, almost 100% sure of that, would bet almost anything

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: April 3, 2008 22:18

Tell me... Sister M...
ot: when i say i hate people like perez hilton, am i saying something unfair ?

Nope. You're being rational and intelligent. Perez Hilton is a haemorhhoid growing fat off the big @#$%& that is celebrity "culture".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home