Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Pinball Machine
Posted by: Outtake ()
Date: March 9, 2008 14:45

anybody got one?!

Re: Rolling Stones Pinball Machine
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 9, 2008 14:49

There was a thread on this some time ago.
I think someone was selling one, or something.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: March 9, 2008 16:09

I have had two but never had the space to keep them for long.

I shipped one 18 months ago (at great expense) to a "friend" in Arizona who never paid for the machine or the shipping.

Any "baseball" fans in Arizona?

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 9, 2008 17:56

These a frequently up for sale on ebay along with slot machines

Date: March 9, 2008 18:06

Perhaps if you hit the ball just right, you could put the ball in Mick's open mouth on the scoreboard!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 9, 2008 23:33

This might make you cry... you'll wonder "why?"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 9, 2008 23:52

schillid
This might make you cry... you'll wonder "why?"

I noticed the clip said Foundrymusic...Was this an Opie & Anthony stunt?

Date: March 9, 2008 23:55

There's not enough there to tell why these guys did that.
Was there some significance in that being a Rolling Stones pinball machine?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 10, 2008 01:36

My sister just got one. How much do they go for?

Date: March 10, 2008 03:25

The price of these machines is HIGHLY variable (one of the most variable of all memorabilia items) as it depends very much on two things:

1) Condition
On heavily played ones the play feild wears out and working parts on a 1983 machine break! The back glass design is also bubbled on many detracting from its appearance. Finding a good looking one in full working order is not easy. It is expensive and time consuming to get fixed.

2) Location
This is important as it is a complete nightmare to move one and you risk damaging it. I have personally taken one to Sweden (it was not easy). Shipping them is very expensive (it cost me $1800 to send one to the US). They are both BIG and HEAVY, the two things you don't want when you ship something!

I have seen a knackered one go for as little as $600 or $700. Typically they are $1,500 to $2,000 but a nice one can cost $3,000. Then you have to actually get it and if it isn't a UHawl job then it will cost you!

An interesting thread would be top scores! I have hit over 3,000,000! I know the counter only goes to 999,999 but it goes round again :-)

Posted by: peter ()
Date: March 10, 2008 07:45

after searching for 15 years, I finally found one for sale in the SF area a few years ago...very good condition but I still had to invest another $800 to get it really working well...I posted a question on this board asking who else owned one...dozens of folks replied that they used to have, have one that is shattered,have bits & pieces of one etc...only one guy in NYC said he had an excellent working machine that he dearly paid for...it is very true that you don't want to have one shipped to your house...if you can't see it, play it,look at it & bring it home yourself, I wouldn't even bother...and unless you are familiar with how a pinball machine works, I would strongly advise that you find someone who does..and lives nearby...these guys are around and can charge pretty much what they want for house calls...you can buy the parts on-line of course...Bally made about 5400 of these machines for the world almost 30 years ago...I really doubt there are more than a couple of 100 that are still in good condition & working properly...and their worth ?...well, I wouldn't even consider $3000...like having a beautiful vintage car in your garage, it is a real conversation piece that is awesome to look at & fun to play...jaws will drop when your friends/company see this all lit up in your playroom..that is a fact....peter

Date: March 10, 2008 13:59

When I got my first one I was living at home! As you can imagine my parents were not impressed and my father a ultra tidy man was especially displeased that I sectioned a corner of his office for it! He was trying to raise a lot of money at the time for a technology business. He relucatantly allowed the machine to stay on the condition it was gone by the time an important investor came to visit from America. To his enormous displeasure it wasn't!

When the money man arrived and was shown into the office, he simply said "wow, how cool, can we have a game". My father changed his view on that machine pretty fast and in the end was very sad to see it go :-(

So Peter, have you taken it round the clock 3 times in a single game?

Posted by: Cappie30 ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:51

I've got one in NJ, I've been thinking about putting it on ebay, but haven't had the time to learn how to do that and manage something on ebay. Mine is excellent except for a minor small scratch or two on the case. I've always had it professionally maintained and repaired in home service, no one uses it anymore. They have been going for average 3K+ on ebay lately I see. Considering the great condition, I'd want 3k. Cappie in Nj Cappie30@Comcast.net

Re: Rolling Stones Pinball Machine on craigslist
Date: March 23, 2008 01:58

I just put it on craigslist......I tried to do that first before learning ebay

[newyork.craigslist.org]

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: March 23, 2008 05:16

i have the one in NYC...actually long island now...in excellent working order, but it's a lot of work keeping these in great working order...had it for about 15 years now

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 24, 2008 01:58

I thought it was The Beatles who said they were more popular than Jesus.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: March 24, 2008 11:48

mattleeuk

I shipped one 18 months ago (at great expense) to a "friend" in Arizona who never paid for the machine or the shipping.

A friend of mine in the UK had one and wanted to give it away to a "in or around London" based fan. This guy from Arizona said he was interrested, but my friend said he would not send it to the States, because he was sure it would be damaged during shipping. The person from Arizona got rather cross... Guess you ended up "doing business" with that person in stead.
Sorry to hear fans ripping off other fans. That's really NOT how it should be. It really gets me upset and disappointed with people. Try to help fellow fans in stead. Much nicer feeling.

Date: March 24, 2008 19:43

If your friend still has the machine I am definately interested now I lost the one I had! Cheers, Matt

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: March 24, 2008 19:47

I'm sorry, but a lady from a small town, not far from London, came around with a truck and three gig guys who helped her carry it. And my friend actually gave it away for free. (He would not have, if she'd not been such a huge fan, though.)

Date: March 24, 2008 20:53

3 guys! Once when I had to get one into a lift that wasn't big enough for anyone carrying it as well as the machine I got on all fours and lifted it with my back and crawled into the lift :-)

Matt

Date: March 24, 2008 21:30

I posted mine on Craigslist a few days ago,( a few posts back is the link) I'm getting alot of interested replies, and some offers lower than I want. Highest offer is $2300 US sight unseen but I have to promise it is as described. It is, if not better. I'm holding out for 3K, or try to find someone to put it on ebay for me. Cappie

Date: March 24, 2008 22:28

Ring, I guess I've been lucky or have a gently played machine over the years. It's been in home use for over 20 years, and well taken care of. The professional amusement service fellow I use charges me $65 US for any service call, and then fixes whatever was the reason for the call, I pay for parts. Worst was a CPU board had to be sent out for repair, about $250 if I recall. The other was updating the lithium battery that stores high score, about $100 that bill with some additonal coinslot adjustments. Other repairs have been very cheap, things I could have done myself if I had known how to, occasionally being just a loose screw on an activated part. He did replace all the 44 bulbs with 47 and 51 bulbs, that was a major improvement. All in all, very inexpensive to maintain, but I do treat it with care. Cappie

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 25, 2008 01:34

Candid question: is a Pinball machine noisy at night?

Is it noiser than, say, a Stones record played loud? I suspect it causes more disturbance because of the vibration on the floor.

Date: March 26, 2008 01:07

Joker, the Rolling Stones game is a loud game even with the electronic music sound controlturned off or down low. Of course the music is awesome, and the volume control is a nice feature. The machine itself is loud and exciting just to hear the high voltage power up thumps,and the songs "Get off my cloud" and "Miss you" and while playing, hearing the the driver solenoids operate. Even the electronic ball eject is a loud and cracking sound. There is alot of high voltage thumping that you both hear and feel, that is part of the excitement of the game. Free game hit sounds like a slingshot firing a cannonball against a wooden wall. End of ball thumps very loud. You guys that have one of these know what I mean. The game is about all of the high power you can feel and the power you can hear. I've set mine for a fast harder game, but you can adjust for a slower easier game, still the same sound. I guess in a flat with a wooden floor, the folks below would know you are playing the game.........for sure. I have a Gottlieb Bonanza game in my office, and it is a dead bore to play compared to the Rolling Stones machine. Regards, Cappie

Re: Rolling Stones Pinball Machine on ebay march29th
Date: March 30, 2008 00:36

I see there is one on ebay right now,it's not mine. bid is around $900 US I just saw it there,with a a few days left. It's someone down south USA. Cappie

Posted by: stevejag ()
Date: June 28, 2009 07:41

do you still have the pinball machine? I live on Long Island also and I am looking to buy one. Steve 631 796-0908

Posted by: stevejag ()
Date: June 28, 2009 07:43

Do you still have the pinball machine? I live in NY and aminterested in buying one thats in good shape.. Steve 631 796-0908

Date: June 28, 2009 16:59

mattleeuk

I am very sorry you got ripped off Matt, because I know you are a class guy and a top fan, but the post made me laugh.
Also the other one about lifting the damn thing on your back.

Date: January 11, 2010 03:57

Thinking of getting one for $3500 au, condition 9/10 although needs new stencil kit and paint.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 11, 2010 12:53

There was one to sell here :

[www.leboncoin.fr]

1500 euros.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2164
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home