Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Natalie Cole trashes Amy Winehouse after the Grammys.
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 12, 2008 15:39

Duffy - Rockferry

Date: February 12, 2008 15:40

Duffy - Mercy

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 12, 2008 15:55

I'll give a thumbs-up for Amy, love her songs and her voice.
Her bad habits doesn't stop me from liking the music, but, of course, hope she can overcome them.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 12, 2008 19:18

ablett
Amazing the ignorance on this site sometimes

It's a stones site and your critising an artist for drug taking?

Some don't even have seemed to have heard of her?

Pathetic!

Quote: "these no talent bimbos will go away, they cant write songs and they cant sing, its a disgrace:

Winehouse is far from a Bimbo, writes great tunes and is in a league of her own when it comes to singing!

oh so now we are comparing winehouse to the stones, AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME IGNORANT, LOL

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: February 12, 2008 20:08

Date: February 12, 2008 23:27

so glad she is on the road to recovery, now i can sleep nites

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: February 13, 2008 05:55

Never cared for Natalie Cole and dont care for Amy "Whine-house" music wise the Grammys have always been a favorites contest anyway but this chick Winehouse like many performers today have taken the whole drug thing and made it a trendy thing to do " ooohh look at me i'm a drug addict i need help poor me look at me i'm in rehab i have no talent and somebody signed me anyway a guitar ? what's that ?" these no talent pity party freaks need to finally realize that they are not musicians just pawns in the music industry true musicians are not even popular these days and i like it that way i was dumbfounded and at the same time pleasantly ammused at the idiots who vote for what is considered good music gimme a break Keith never used drugs as a marketing tool he just was what he was and is true to his art and approached it the way he wanted to and what was best for him never trying to be popular by trying to glamorize his personal life these idiots are spoiled no talent having morons no sense for what music really is or means

Date: February 13, 2008 06:15

yes! someone besides myself and helter understand, thanks out of my head

Posted by: blacklady ()
Date: February 13, 2008 11:18

Seen Duffy twice on Later with Jools , both times thought wow what a voice. Rare for me in my old age to be impressed by new artists. Understand Duffy has a new album due March.

Date: February 13, 2008 12:23

Yes, her debut album, 'Rockferry' is released on March 3rd

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 13, 2008 13:25

these no talent pity party freaks need to finally realize that they are not musicians just pawns in the music industry

yeah right amy winehouse is not a musician. i somehow thought that people who love the stones have good taste and ears. but obviously its not like that.
but in the end you just disqulify yourself soooooooooooooooo badly. i still think most oft the iorr-ians blush for you while reading those ridiculous posts....unbelievable...and so embaressing!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 13, 2008 13:45

Totally agree! Have they not read any books on Keef or the latest Ronnie Wood book. The drug stories alone make Amy Winehouse look like a nun!

So how is it ok for one and not the other. I'm sure my grannie called the stones talentless upstarts during the sixties!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2008 14:47

out of my head
Never cared for Natalie Cole and dont care for Amy "Whine-house" music wise the Grammys have always been a favorites contest anyway but this chick Winehouse like many performers today have taken the whole drug thing and made it a trendy thing to do " ooohh look at me i'm a drug addict i need help poor me look at me i'm in rehab i have no talent and somebody signed me anyway a guitar ? what's that ?" these no talent pity party freaks need to finally realize that they are not musicians just pawns in the music industry true musicians are not even popular these days and i like it that way i was dumbfounded and at the same time pleasantly ammused at the idiots who vote for what is considered good music gimme a break Keith never used drugs as a marketing tool he just was what he was and is true to his art and approached it the way he wanted to and what was best for him never trying to be popular by trying to glamorize his personal life these idiots are spoiled no talent having morons no sense for what music really is or means

Congrats on having the most apt user name on this board

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: February 13, 2008 15:31

Congrats on having the most apt user name on this board

hahaaaha, thats what i thought too....

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 13, 2008 17:34

Amy Winehouse is extremely talented and should be rewarded for her musical contributions. I don't really see where one's personal life should be taken into account for this award. I'm not impressed with the live performances I've seen of her but she's great in the studio.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: February 13, 2008 21:04

.....changing the subject a bit, but I see that her band, The Dap Kings, will be at Bonnaroo this year with Sharon Jones

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 13, 2008 21:48

Dedicated to Amy -

This will be
An everlasting love
This will be
The one Ive waited for
This will be
The first time anyone has loved me, oh...oh...oh...

Loving you
Is some kind of wonderful
Because youve shown me
Just how much you care
Youve given me the thrill of a lifetime
And made me believe youve got more thrills to spare, oh

This will be
And everlasting love, oh, yes, it will now

Youve brought a lot of sunshine into my life
Youve filled me with happiness I never knew
You gave me more joy than I ever dreamed of
And no one, no one can take the place of you

This will be, yes, siree, eternally
Huggin and squeezin and kissin and pleasin together forever through
rain or whatever
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you and me
So long as Im livin true love Ill be givin, to you Ill be servin
cause youre so deservin

Hey, youre so deservin
Youre so deservin, yeah, yeah, yeah
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The love, the love, the love, the love, the love, the love, love, love,
love, love
The love, the love, the love, the love, the love, the love, love, love
From now on, from now on, from now on, from now on
From now on, from now on, from now on, from now on
From now on, from now on,

!!! GET Natalie Cole - This Will Be An Everlasting Love ringtones !!!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-13 21:49 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 13, 2008 21:49

Natalie Cole used to be addicted to crack but now she is off it.

Date: February 13, 2008 21:54

[imagecache2.allposters.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: February 13, 2008 21:58

What about this former beauty?

[www.bitetv.ca]

[media.canada.com]

[www.aolcdn.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 14, 2008 00:16

Oh man, its so sad to see her today. rememeber those happy "I wanna Dance With somebody" and "How will I know" days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-14 00:16 by ryanpow.

Posted by: out of my head ()
Date: February 14, 2008 03:22

ablett
Totally agree! Have they not read any books on Keef or the latest Ronnie Wood book. The drug stories alone make Amy Winehouse look like a nun!

So how is it ok for one and not the other. I'm sure my grannie called the stones talentless upstarts during the sixties!

All I am saying is that drug and alcohol abuse and subsequent rehab stints of these performers have become more important to the act and the music has taken a backseat. I've read all the books about Keef and Ron. They never needed or cared about making dramatic headlines. These kids today CRAVE it and BEG for the attention. Not content enough to simply try and put out good music cosistently. Never said she didnt deserve credit for her music because of the drugs. I give credit where it is due and I think she stinks. A flash in the pan. Just an opinion. Freedom of speech is great.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 14, 2008 04:15

out of my head
All I am saying is that drug and alcohol abuse and subsequent rehab stints of these performers have become more important to the act and the music has taken a backseat. I've read all the books about Keef and Ron. They never needed or cared about making dramatic headlines. These kids today CRAVE it and BEG for the attention. Not content enough to simply try and put out good music cosistently. Never said she didnt deserve credit for her music because of the drugs. I give credit where it is due and I think she stinks. A flash in the pan. Just an opinion. Freedom of speech is great.

I think you're way off. Most of the young acts today strive for a squeaky clean image, hence the dogged attempts by the celebrity press to catch them "off message," which in a few cases is pathetically easy, but it's still the contrast with their previous image that creates the thrill.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 14, 2008 04:26

...........Natalie Cole is a hypocrite and sounds out of touch. Amy Winehouse deserved to get (but unfortunately did not receive) album of the year, Back to Black is an historical album, one for the ages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-02-14 04:27 by Rip This.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 14, 2008 05:18

out of my head

Do I Totally 100% effing agree with Out of My Head? I say YES, YES, YES (they wanna try and brainwash me talkin' jive that Amy is somewhat talented and good and I say NO, NO, NO - lol)

Date: February 14, 2008 05:22

Rip This
.......... Amy Winehouse deserved to get (but unfortunately did not receive) album of the year, Back to Black is an historical album, one for the ages.

What's that super famous AEROSMITH song?... oh, yeah....DREAM ON....

Date: February 14, 2008 06:04

lol, amy looks like the bride of frankenstein and she looks better than she sings

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 14, 2008 06:59

I liked how the Stones - Keith - got busted and were always rewarded with a number one single or album. When Keith sobered up (ha ha) they never had a number 1 single or album ever again.

So see...drugs ARE good...and the Stones REAPED the benefits of having a loaded guitar player because...they were number one for so long...they were rewarded, har har, for their bad behaviour...har har....

Yeah, fuckles, they were rewarded like a dog with a cookie - #1 this and #1 that c'mon you can't deny it...C'MON HAR HARRR HARRRRR!!!!!!!!

Date: February 14, 2008 07:39

Did Someone say "one for the ages" Here you go, now THIS is what true, pure SUPERSONIC TALENT looks/sounds like (the girl is a bit of a slight emotional mess from time to time but a super hot mess she is AND still makes ALL the gigs AND doesn't use a life of drug abuse to promote herself - no songs about rehab) I GIVE YOU !!!.....

VOICE AND FACE FOR THE AGES #1

VOICE AND FACE FOR THE AGES #2

VOICE AND FACE FOR THE AGES #3

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: February 14, 2008 08:45

.... im currious how many who post here have been in rehab?????

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home